magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reliability of MJ forwarding vs direct connection

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
twinclouds
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:47 am    Post subject: Reliability of MJ forwarding vs direct connection Reply with quote

I am mainly using MJ for receiving calls because I have given the number to some of my friends and don't want to change that. Right now, I have the MJ connected to my home router and has phones hooked to it. It will be more convenient to forward to one of my VOIP numbers without a physical a physical connection to MJ. Does anyone has experience with the call forwarding set up? Reliability-wise, will call forward better/the same/worse than direct connection? Thanks.
has9999
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At one point I had the MJ number forwarded to Google Voice for a year.
No issues ever noted.
twinclouds
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="has9999"]At one point I had the MJ number forwarded to Google Voice for a year.
No issues ever noted.[/quote]

Thanks. That's what I want to know. Anyone else has experience on forwarding as well?
mh1983
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For about five months, I've been forwarding my MJ calls to another VoIP service I'm transitioning to. No issues noted either.
twinclouds
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="mh1983"]For about five months, I've been forwarding my MJ calls to another VoIP service I'm transitioning to. No issues noted either.[/quote]

Thanks. Appreciate your feedback.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: