magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Running Magic Jack with Remstream REM-8200 ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks -> Using magicJack on Linux
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JDub
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:34 pm    Post subject: Running Magic Jack with Remstream REM-8200 ? Reply with quote

Found this on sale at geek.com for $13~ shipped: Remstream REM-8200

And was wondering if any linux tinker-ers have played with it. Of course I don't even know if it runs linux but anyways it would be rad if it were possible to get MJ working on it.
crackerjack
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Running Magic Jack with Remstream REM-8200 ? Reply with quote

JDub wrote:
Found this on sale at geek.com for $13~ shipped: Remstream REM-8200

And was wondering if any linux tinker-ers have played with it. Of course I don't even know if it runs linux but anyways it would be rad if it were possible to get MJ working on it.

Not likely. Adapter appears 'locked' so you cannot access admin functions. In any event, you would need current, working sip credentials for your MJ acct.
JDub
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

=/ How can you tell it's "locked" ?

I noticed a thread about grep'ing mj creds - anyone automated that yet?
crackerjack
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDub wrote:
=/ How can you tell it's "locked" ?

I noticed a thread about grep'ing mj creds - anyone automated that yet?

fuggedaboutit
hasn't worked for months
To clarify....You can still obtain your basic sip details using many of the tried and true methods....BUT...MJ requires several secret parameters to effect a workable connection above and beyond the low-hanging fruit revealed by prior methods
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks -> Using magicJack on Linux All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: