Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
softphone won't load

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HwyRogue
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:55 pm    Post subject: softphone won't load

OK - so after an hour of trying, and talking to three "tech support" guys via livehelp (including one "higher level", Harold, who was as useless as the first two), I am still no further ahead.

Running Vista - I get to the mj splashscreen that says "Tell your friends magicJack.com" - after a few seconds that window disappears and mj won't start. Watching the task manager I see magicjack.exe there and disappear.

I received mj on Friday, plugged it in, installed it, it worked fine. Today I tried to use it, no dice (btw this is a laptop which if course gets shut down periodically, though that should not make a difference).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
msiam
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:36 pm    Post subject:

Did they have you do a "format"? In the case of "no"..Plug the MJ in let it load up as far as it can.. look in "my computer" find the two MJ icons..one of them when you right click should have "format" in the list, click "format" it will be fast.. pull out the MJ and wait a half a minute, re insert, then see it it all loads up..Let us know what happens
HwyRogue
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Indeed...

changed the drive letters, formatted the mj several times, ran upgrade.exe, etc. nothing. I removed the mjusb folder but was not able to delete the registry keys for it... so far, nothing Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: