magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Step by step for GV and Sipsocery help

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anant
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:44 pm    Post subject: Outbound call problems SS + IPKALL or SS + VOXOX Reply with quote

Anybody have problems with IPKALL or VOXOX under SS for outbound calls? I get one ring and busy tone. No problem with incoing calls. I am able to make outbound calls using VOXOX or IPKALL from GV screen. Any ideas please. Thanks in anticipation.

anant
macman4hire

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anant,

I am also experiencing problems with Sip Sorcery dialing out with following service providers Gizmo5, Sipgate, IPKall, and VoxOx. All the service providers will ring once and then receive a busy signal. Apparently this is a Sip Sorcery or Google Voice issue.
VoipDude

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: Outbound call problems SS + IPKALL or SS + VOXOX Reply with quote

anant wrote:
Anybody have problems with IPKALL or VOXOX under SS for outbound calls? I get one ring and busy tone. No problem with incoing calls. I am able to make outbound calls using VOXOX or IPKALL from GV screen. Any ideas please. Thanks in anticipation.

anant

Same problem here with GV/IPKall & SS for outbound calls....one ring, then busy tone. If you find a solution, let me know.
anant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject: SS + IPKALL/VOXOX outbound call problem Reply with quote

It does not look that terrible as we can still make free calls at least using contact list on GV screen and our cordless phone rings and call goes thru. Hope this continues. May not be that convenient but still we have something till a good solution is found by wise people.

anant
synchron

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who want an alternative to GV Web callback whilst we await a fix in sipsorcery, you can download GV Dialer here (it'll still ring/callback your phone):

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r23096701-

Apparently someone needs to apply a new patch to sipsorcery since the GV authentication scheme has recently changed (CAPTCHA vs. GALX):

http://code.google.com/apis/accounts/docs/AuthForInstalledApps.html

Synchron Cool
anant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: SS + IPKALL working Reply with quote

OK Somebody did something. Thanks. SS+IPKALL working for both in/out calls.

anant
synchron

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sipgate too. Thanks for the heads up!

Edit:10/18/09

Apparently, my guess was wrong and the root cause of the problem was on GV's end, not SS.

Synchron Cool

Last edited by synchron on Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
VoipDude

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:30 am    Post subject: Strange Behavior Reply with quote

A strange behavior has begun with my PAP2T.

I am using it with MJ through MJMD5 on line 1, and GV/IPKall/SipSorcery on line 2.

As long as my laptop is on, I have no problem, they both work great. However, if I put my laptop to sleep, or turn it off, then sometime later (not sure the length of time because I'm usually out somewhere or in bed) I notice the light for line 2 is off on the PAP2T. I have to reboot my combo Westell dsl modem/router and then the light returns, and I'm good to go.

This is new behavior and I can't figure out why this is happening. It gets old having to reboot the dsl modem everytime I put the computer to sleep or turn it off. It's either IPKall or SipSorcery causing the problem.

Any ideas out there how I can remedy this? Appreciate your help.
synchron

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not exactly sure the details of a PAP2 since I don't own one. I'd try first seeing if MJMD5 has something to do with it by swapping the lines and having the SS stuff running on your line 1. By definition, the sipsorcery method does not require a PC and your ATA is registered by their authentication server that is setup properly through the Silverlight driven website.

On very rare occasions my SS registration would die and I would have to reset the router to resynch the ATA to their server but not all the time I turn my PC off the way you describe.

Synchron Cool
anant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:38 am    Post subject: Problem with SS+IPKALL - OUTBOUND Reply with quote

Hi Folks:

Since yesterday, I have noticed a problem with SS+IPKALL+PAP2T for outbound calls. When I dial a number, it makes several rings but does not go to the next level of calling the actual #. This problem is intermittent - comes and goes - but bothering. Has anyone noticed this problem ?
Calling out from GV screen has no such problem.
Thanks in antipation of your reply.

anant
VoipDude

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem with SS+IPKALL - OUTBOUND Reply with quote

anant wrote:
Hi Folks:

Since yesterday, I have noticed a problem with SS+IPKALL+PAP2T for outbound calls. When I dial a number, it makes several rings but does not go to the next level of calling the actual #. This problem is intermittent - comes and goes - but bothering. Has anyone noticed this problem ?
Calling out from GV screen has no such problem.
Thanks in antipation of your reply.

anant

I am having the same exact problem. When the call does finally go through, it is so garbled that I am unable to understand the person on the other end.

Calling out from the GV screen goes through correctly, but has the same garbled speech. It appears the problem is with GV, because regardless of which of my numbers I have GV ring through the GV screen, they are all garbled.

Update: The garbled speech is now clear, but the calls going through on first try is still sporadic.
haack
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: help Reply with quote

Anyone can help me i can not receive any call on my pap2t but i can make it!! ! i am using SS GV G5 maybe i have a bad dial plan on ss for incoming calls can you help me please???
anant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:44 am    Post subject: Dial plan for incoming calls Reply with quote

Hi:
As far as I know there is no need for any dial plan in SS for INBOUND calls.

anant
haack
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:07 am    Post subject: But ... Reply with quote

The pap2t sounds with another configuration then i do not think the problem is there....

but when someone dials to my GV number my pap2t do not rings =( with the GV SS G5 i can make calls but i can not receive any =(
synchron

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

R U sure you have your GV account set to ring your G5 1747 phone #?

Do you have your G5 account set to forward to your [email protected] or r your sip credentials correct and your register is checked in SS under provider names?

Synchron Cool
VoipDude

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaron @ SipSorcery has been transitioning the database, and as a result it appears the server is currently down.
synchron

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's nice to implement my backup system simply by switching ATA to MJMD5 and checking MJ number in GV while sipsorcery is down. PC has to be on but at least the calls are pretty clear this way.

Synchron Cool
agriffiths
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VoipDude wrote:
Aaron @ SipSorcery has been transitioning the database, and as a result it appears the server is currently down.

I've been trying to search the mysipswitch forums but haven't come up with an ETA on when all will be up and running again. Do you have any inside info and when we can use it again?
Thanks
anant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: When will be the SS up again Reply with quote

I am also wondering when the SS will be up again. This has been a long wait like about one and half days.

anant
frenchfry
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am thankful for Sipsocery. I like my setup because it is still works for in coming when Sipsocery is down.

I have a Linksys SPA 1001. It can use two voip lines to one phone. With Sipgate you can tie two sip links to one DID number. One of my Sipgate sip links goes though Sipsocery then to line one of the Linksys SPA 1001, while the second Sipgate sip link goes to line two of the sip Linksys SPA 1001.

That way you always have a in coming line when Sipsocery is down.
degarb
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

synchron wrote:
Yeah, it's nice to implement my backup system simply by switching ATA to MJMD5 and checking MJ number in GV while sipsorcery is down. PC has to be on but at least the calls are pretty clear this way.

Synchron Cool

Yeah, but I don't recall all steps and things to change to get the goglevoice out working again.

wait...I am running mjmd5 on line 2. But the problem is that when people call in, it kicks to voice mail after one ring or less (the line keeps ringing with correct caller id until we hit end on phone, while send only gives us silence). So, no true incoming call ability. I have tried everything conceivable with no luck. I have set to most rings possible. (I don't see ever a need for voice mail to pickup before the 11 th ring, with empty mailbox.)

The majic jackedup dongle is so buggy, I have no plans to replug that thing into the computer.
VoipDude

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SS is up again and running fine. Unfortunately, Aaron was away on a much needed rest when the server went down. All is well for now Smile
anant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject: I have problem still Reply with quote

I still have problem with SS + PAP2T with all SIP providers IPKALL/sipgate/gizmo/voxox. It is not consistent and not reliable. It does not work from GV screen either. When I call from a cordless phone connected to PAP2T, it goes on ringing but does not go to the next level rings to make the call. I suspect the problem is still with SS and not with SIP providers.

anant
synchron

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New documentation on Google Voice and Sipsorcery.

Enjoy: http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0Ae8glDUXDsh9ZGR2eG43cjRfMzNkOTM4ZjNjeA&hl=en

Synchron Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: