Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Stroths SIP Info v1.1a

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stroths
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:26 am    Post subject: Stroths SIP Info v1.1a

Stroths MagicJack SIP Info Checker

UPDATE: As of 1/5/09, I have discontinued updates in this thread. This application has been incorporated into to my MagicJack Utilities Suite. Any future versions off this application will be in the suite. - LINK

**WARNING** Although I don't see this causing any damage, I take no responsibility for anything this may do to your system. Use at your own risk and please make a backup before running.

Description
This app will pull your SIP credentials from your MagicJack. This is purely for educational purposes and should NOT be used to circumvent your MJ hardware. This is against their TOS and should not be done.

Download
Stroths SIP Info v1.1a

Instructions

1. Unzip the folder and put it where ever you like on your system.

2. Modify the variables in the SIPinfo.ini to match your system's config.

3. Once done, you can run SIPinfo.exe and wait.

4. (Optional) - Create a shortcut to SIPinfo.exe on your desktop. This will make it easier to check this information in the future.

Bugs
Not really sure if its a bug or not, but sometimes you have to run this app more than once to get the SIP data. It really has to do with the timing of pulling the SIP data when magicjack starts. Since different systems run this at different speeds, its hard to determine a time value that works across the board.

Files
SIPinfo.exe - Main app
SIPinfo.ini - Configuration file. MUST be updated with your settings.
There are other files that are not my creation, but the work of other great authors. See Credits

Changelog

1.1a
Fixed an path error that affected XP, but apparently not Vista

- Added user selectable delay in the SIPinfo.ini
- Fixed bug where script would not end on its own
- Reorganized folder structure for simplification

- Added some variable checks to ensure info in SIPinfo.ini is correct
- Added more SIP Info
0.1a
- Initial Release

Source: I wrote this app using a freeware scripting program called AutoHotKey (http://www.autohotkey.com/). Due to the sensitive nature of this app, I am not providing source code as I did with some of my other apps.

Credits:
Grep.exe - http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/grep.htm
Strings.exe - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897439.aspx
PMdump.exe - http://ntsecurity.nu/toolbox/pmdump/

Also, thanks to all the members here who posted the info that allowed me to write this app.

Last edited by stroths on Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:16 am; edited 9 times in total
MagicDump

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:04 am    Post subject:

It is getting fancy now, it worked at the first shot again.

Here is your SIP Information

Login Information
ProxyUserName = EXXXXXXXXXX1
ProxyUserPassword = XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

UDP Ports
SIPUDPDefaultPort = 0
SIPUDPPortRangeStart = 65535
SIPUDPPortRangeEnd = 49152

Other SIP Data
SIPCallerID = EXXXXXXXXXX1
User-Agent =
UserDomain = talk4free.com
SIPUnavailableDurationOnNoReply = 1800

This file is located at C:\Users\XXX\Desktop\MJ_SIP_Info v1.0\MagicJack_SIPinfo\MySIPinfo.txt.

Please keep a copy for your records.

Only one bug User-Agent is blank.

Thank you again

[/img]

Last edited by MagicDump on Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:18 am; edited 1 time in total
stroths

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:17 am    Post subject:

You might try running it again and see if the user agent shows up. It is showing up on mine. If it still doesn't then look in your MagicJack_SIPinfo folder and tell me if there is a text file names something like test, test2 or maybe temp.
MagicDump

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:10 am    Post subject:

stroths wrote:
You might try running it again and see if the user agent shows up. It is showing up on mine. If it still doesn't then look in your MagicJack_SIPinfo folder and tell me if there is a text file names something like test, test2 or maybe temp.

I run it again and still is not showing up, and I don't have any of those files in my MagicJack SIPinfo folder, it is not a very big deal anyway, it is showing up in the dump file I got today from a PmDump and also from Windows Vista Mem Dump.

BTW the UserDomain should be the Proxy address of the city you got you MJ number registered, and the port should be always 5070, so some of the info is not necessary.

eg. proxy1.miami.talk4free.com:5070, but you can use any proxy server from any other city and it will work fine.

I have been running it in a PAP2T for about 6 mo. with no problem, just got to make sure to change the user agent every time it change.

Thanks Again
dna
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:59 am    Post subject:

Quote:
BTW the UserDomain should be the Proxy address of the city you got you MJ number registered, and the port should be always 5070, so some of the info is not necessary.

eg. proxy1.miami.talk4free.com:5070, but you can use any proxy server from any other city and it will work fine.

Thanks for the info. I was not awhere of the need to add ":5070" onto the end of the server info and I could not connect to cities in western NY State. Miami, New York, Newark and Detroit all work.
mcbelisle
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:28 am    Post subject:

It keeps saying "invalid mjflashdriveletter" and i put the correct info. i use the first one and not the second one. it does work when i put the second one in. i am using windows xp. when i put the second one in it doesn not load any info.

i think this only works with vista. is this correct?
dynamik
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:52 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Error: Failed attempt to launch program or document:
Action: <C:\Documents and Settings\Kristoffer\Application Data\mjusbsp /scf _magicJackPersonalDataRoot J:\magicJack>
Params: <>

The current thread will exit.

Specifically: The system cannot find the file specified.

Line#
--> 053: Run, %MJPath% /scf _magicJackPersonalDataRoot %MJFlashDriveLetter%:\magicJack

I receive this after filling out the parameters properly and running the application.
MagicDump

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject:

Go to your MJ shortcut, right click on it, then go to the shortcut tab and copy the info from the target, into the Stroths's SIPinfo.ini.
Make sure your MJ is plug in.
Your MJFlashDriveLetter shoul be just a letter.
dynamik
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject:

as i said, all my parameters are set up correctly. I would also be receiving a different more formal notification if my MJ device was not found.
MagicDump

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:39 am    Post subject:

dynamik wrote:
as i said, all my parameters are set up correctly. I would also be receiving a different more formal notification if my MJ device was not found.

Just a question, did you edited the Stroths's SIPinfo.ini file?
In orther for the program to work you should edit this file.
dynamik
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject:

MagicDump wrote:
dynamik wrote:

Just a question, did you edited the Stroths's SIPinfo.ini file?
In orther for the program to work you should edit this file.

Yes, when I say 'filling out the parameters' that's what i'm entailing.
Günter Höhn
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Stroths SIP Info v1.0

stroths wrote:

Sourse: I wrote this app using a freeware scripting program called AutoHotKey (http://www.autohotkey.com/). Due to the sensitive nature of this app, I am not providing source code as I did with some of my other apps.

Deleted by admin. Dude, stroths is one of the good guys.

For those of you who want the source, here it is:
Code:
; Deleted by admin.
stroths

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Stroths SIP Info v1.0

EDIT: Comments removed as they are now off topic. For anyone that knows how to decompile the exe, please keep it to yourself and respect my wishes as I have good reasons. It's not that I don't want to share my work as you can see I have posted my code for my update app.

Last edited by stroths on Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Adolf
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject:

This is for Günter Höhn

(edited by Admin)

All you do is running up your big mouth instead of helping people.

If you are so smart Why dont you make a program like that before.

I think you should get out of this forum and back to your father Adolf

This forum is for people that like to learn and help.

(edited by Admin)

You should be ban from this forum

Mod edit: everyone, please relax.

Last edited by Adolf on Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
stroths

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject:

mcbelisle wrote:
It keeps saying "invalid mjflashdriveletter" and i put the correct info. i use the first one and not the second one. it does work when i put the second one in. i am using windows xp. when i put the second one in it doesn not load any info.

i think this only works with vista. is this correct?

I tested it on XP and Vista and was able to get it running on both. Please copy and paste the info in your SIPInfo.ini file and let me take a look.

dynamik wrote:
Quote:
Error: Failed attempt to launch program or document:
Action: <C:\Documents and Settings\Kristoffer\Application Data\mjusbsp /scf _magicJackPersonalDataRoot J:\magicJack>
Params: <>

The current thread will exit.

Specifically: The system cannot find the file specified.

Line#
--> 053: Run, %MJPath% /scf _magicJackPersonalDataRoot %MJFlashDriveLetter%:\magicJack

I receive this after filling out the parameters properly and running the application.

It looks like you may not have a complete path in your SIPinfo.ini. It appears you have:

C:\Documents and Settings\Kristoffer\Application Data\mjusbsp

For you, it should be:
C:\Documents and Settings\Kristoffer\Application Data\mjusbsp\magicjack.exe

If that's the case then please change it and let me know if it works for you.
stroths

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:30 pm    Post subject:

Please make sure you are running the latest version in the 1st post. When modifying the ini, make sure you keep the same format or it will error out.

Last edited by stroths on Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
synchron

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:43 pm    Post subject:

Excellent job Stroths! Works like a charm. It would be great to read from the dump and do a reverse lookup of the SIP proxy and add that to the info results (i.e. 216.234.70.8:5070 --> proxy1.losangeles.talk4free.com.

Scripting/automating processes such as this makes it easy for everyone and guys like Stroths make this forum great!

I hope an admin deletes the source code as to Stroths requests, give him another free magicJack, and ban Gunter Hohn for a day or 2.

Synchron Cool
jose.miami
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject:

[quote="synchron"]Excellent job Stroths! Works like a charm. It would be great to read from the dump and do a reverse lookup of the SIP proxy and add that to the info results (i.e. 216.234.70.8:5070 --> proxy1.losangeles.talk4free.com.

Scripting/automating processes such as this makes it easy for everyone and guys like Stroths make this forum great!

I hope an admin deletes the source code as to Stroths requests, give him another free magicJack, and ban Gunter Hohn for a day or 2.

Synchron Cool[/quote]

Totally agree with you, people like that should be some place else but here
stroths

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:47 pm    Post subject: Minor u[date to 1.1

Link updated in 1st post. If previous versions work for you then there is no need to update. If you are having issues then delete the old version and use this one.

- Added user selectable delay in the SIPinfo.ini
- Fixed bug where script would not end on its own
- Reorganized folder structure for simplification

The user selectable delay is trial and error because of factors such as connection speed, computer specs as well as MJ response time. My quad core 3GHz is set to 2 while my slower thin client requires a higher value.

I will look into some of the suggestions for future versions.

EDIT: I found out that 1.1 needed an extra path entry for XP that didn't popup when I was testing on Vista. I fixed it in 1.1a which is now updated on the first link.
jose.miami
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject:

Hi Stroths, I finally have the User-Agent info using your latest Ver 1.1a, I had to change the StartDelay=6.

MJ runing on Windows Vista X32, 1.60 GHz
Everex stepnote
Mem 2.00 GB

Here is your SIP Information

Login Information
ProxyUserName = EXXXXXXXXXX1
ProxyUserPassword = XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

UDP Ports
SIPUDPDefaultPort = 0
SIPUDPPortRangeStart = 65535

SIPUDPPortRangeEnd = 49152

Other SIP Data
SIPCallerID = EXXXXXXXXXX1
User-Agent = MagicJack/1.80.466c (SJ Labs)

UserDomain = talk4free.com
SIPUnavailableDurationOnNoReply = 1800

This file is located at C:\Users\xxxxxx\Desktop\MJ_SIPinfo_V1.1a\MagicJack_SIPinfo\MySIPinfo.txt.

Please keep a copy for your records.

Great Job!!!!!!!
stroths

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject:

I'll fix it later, but my latest version (1.1a) doesn't delete the mysipinfo.txt file. If you run the app multiple times, it will keep appending the new data to the old file. It's not really a dealbreaker, but it might be confusing. If you want to get around that, just delete that text file before running the app.
zmaddmattz
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Stroths SIP Info v1.0

stroths wrote:

it much easier for MJ to see exactly what strings I am looking for, which makes it much easier for them to make any number of very slight changes to make my app not work. GREAT JOB.

Unless mj completely writes a new program from scratch they will never be able to stop you from searching for these strings. Yes they can change "sipuserpassowrd" to "mjuserpass" in which you could just make a simple update of your program.

If you already know what your sip info is then you can always find the correct string.

example:

I search for my pass "DAFGTEXXXXXSFFEWXXXXXFFESXXXXXX"

I would find

mjuserpass=DAFGTEXXXXXSFFEWXXXXXFFESXXXXXX

____

when you have haters then you no your doing something right. your automation of the dump and search is a brilliant Idea. I actually wrote program that reads the memory to a dump and searches for the strings. I couldn't release because it has a memory leak the size of the dump. If I wasn't successful on the tenth time of trying to get the sip, I could have easily ben leaking 1gb of ram lol.

I admire the simplicity of putting brick and mortar ideas together and making something helpful. I am personally to stubborn to realize that I don't have to do it all.
foltz61
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: Possible MJ update to block process?

Plugged my magicjack in to do this and it got updated. I haven't used it in a while. Hope this update didn't block this process. As of now I can't get my sip info. Hopefully I'm just doing something wrong. I've set my startdelay from 2 to 30 with no luck.
Taken83oveR

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject:

Just tried 1.1a. What a great program. Took a few tries, but it did pull the info. Thanks! It certainly does save time.
stroths

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:31 am    Post subject:

UPDATE: As of 1/5/09, I have discontinued updates in this thread. This application has been incorporated into to my MagicJack Utilities Suite. Any future versions off this application will be in the suite. - LINK
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: