Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Tech support nightmare

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rlbumich
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: Tech support nightmare

The following that I encountered with "those" people:

You are now chatting with 'Faye'
Faye: Hello, how may I help you?
Reginald: Big problem. I do not know where to start.
Faye: Okay, please hold as I review you previous chat s for a moment.
Faye: is your magicjack plugged in right now Reginald/
Reginald: Just exchanged my mj at radio shack and plugged it into my computer and it makes me go through the registration process and gives me a new mj phone number from 248-677-xxxx to 248-677-xxxx. Also, my mj site has both mj numbers. I do not want to have to give a new number out. I want the old number.
Reginald: Yes. mj is plugged into my computer.
Faye: I see, I apologize Reginald but you can not retain your old number since you have already registered your new one right now.
Reginald: This is BS.
Faye: You should have contacted us first so we have helped you for the porting, but once you have already registered your magicjack, we cannot do the porting anymore
Reginald: I exchanged my previous mj to Radio Shack. I was told by TS that when I plug in my new mj in my computer that would take care of the problem that I was having (calls forward to vm and mj number not ringing). I did talk to TS an hour ago.
Reginald: I was having calls forwarded to vm with the previous mj number and TS told me that I probaly needed to exchange my mj with radio shack.
Faye: Okay, Reginald. are you still having the same problem with your new magicjack?
Reginald: I just called the new mj number from cell and mj rings.
Faye: Okay, so it's working now.
Reginald: I guess
Reginald: Please activate your mj to continue---what about this message?
Faye: May I know how many hours past since you have made the regsitration?>
Reginald: Just did it 15 minutes ago about 330 pm est
Faye: okay, no need to worry, your magicjack is just on the process for full activation, that message would be gone after an hour or two,
Faye: Is there anything else I may help you with today?
Reginald: So, now what! I am ....mad as.... Now I have to give this new number out to family etc. Also, my mj has two numbers and how do I go about using this new number
Reginald: In "my mj"
Faye: may I know what number you have on your softpad now Reginald?
Reginald: 248-677-xxxx
Reginald: Old number was 248-677-xxxx
Faye: okay Reginald, just start using your new number now.
Reginald: Can you delete the old mj number from my mj?
Faye: Okay Reginald, you can't delete that number, just keep your settings set to your new number
Reginald: So, the drop down has to be selected for the new number and this would apply for call forwarding?
Faye: set it to your new number, and you can configure the settings for that magicjac number (ex. voicemail, email, call forwarding)
Reginald: I am upset that the last TS person should have told me that if I replace my mj I would have to re-register the new mj and would be given a new mj number. I have a business and now I have to contact about 500 business associates and clients to give them this new number. Also, I have websites that I have to get updated and this will cost me money.
Faye: I understand you Reginald, sorry for the missed information.
Reginald: I think you do not. If you could do something to make me feel better, what can "you" do for me as a customer?
Faye: As much as I would like to help but your new magicjack is already registered Reginald, we cannot do anything about this issue anymore.
Reginald: AT&T will be hearing from me again.
Reginald: There was no missed information. Your TS person screwed up.

So, the so-called TS is a bunch of S**t! Evil or Very Mad

Any advice? Question
laserjobs
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject:

Login to your old MJ account and forward the number to your new MJ
chalpin
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject:

You're lucky. I wish I could have your problems.

I've been on with their help desks for a total of about 9.5 hours regarding two different problems. I have always been polite and blunt. I must be a gluten for punishment.

C
mberlant
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject:

chalpin wrote:
I must be a gluten for punishment.
Thank you so much for brightening my day! I am going to start saying it your way. Now, I must be a glutton for punishment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: