magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Telemagic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brandonmoyer
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Telemagic Reply with quote

I'm currently doing I.T. for a telemarketing company and we use a program called telemagic. Typicaly i used vonage and run the telephone line to my modem then out to the phone. After lifing the reciver we have telemagic dial the numbers automaticly, but with magic jack replaceing vonage, when the modem dials the phone number i can hear dial tone and also the modem dialing the number. Threw all that i still hear dial tone, so the MJ isnt responding the the modem dialing the number. Any ideas?
PTravel
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Telemagic Reply with quote

brandonmoyer wrote:
I'm currently doing I.T. for a telemarketing company and we use a program called telemagic. Typicaly i used vonage and run the telephone line to my modem then out to the phone. After lifing the reciver we have telemagic dial the numbers automaticly, but with magic jack replaceing vonage, when the modem dials the phone number i can hear dial tone and also the modem dialing the number. Threw all that i still hear dial tone, so the MJ isnt responding the the modem dialing the number. Any ideas?
Tell you what -- I'm a little busy just now. Why don't you post your home phone number and I'll call you back during dinner?

Other forum members: DON'T HELP TELEMARKETERS!
cdwaldron

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJ does not respond to modem dialing. You're wasting your time.
cdwaldron

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if you could get it to work, in two days time you would be here complaing about being cut off for excessive use!
norml jack

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Telemagic Reply with quote

brandonmoyer wrote:

You could use you retired Vonage ATA and after unlocking it using readily available instructions (not on this site, however) you can then obtain your Magic Jack sip credentials and use this ATA with your Magic Jack account. But as has already been noted in this thread your account would probably be de-activated within a short period of time for excessive use.
magicjack6666
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PTravel you are of no help for brandonmoyer. He asked for our help. You decided that because he has a job working for a telemarketing co. he was not worth the help of our forum. In our declining economy it is reassuring to have people with work or jobs. As much as we don't like being interrupted during dinner by telemarketers. There is one thing we dislike more is to have our loved ones , neighbors or any Americans out of work. The telemarketing industry still provides jobs for a lot of people. We all have someone in our family or friend circle that work for telemarketing. Should we send them to the unemployment office ?
You have your own forum and yet we support you. We don't tell you not to advertise here, nor do we get offended. Why ? because we know that it is hard to make it, and we all need a bit of help at times and if you try then we will support you. At least I will support you.
brandonmoyer is not offending you he is just wondering if he could run his business a bit cheaper then maybe he will stay in business. At the very least be profitable.
I can't help him as I am not that savvy. However, every time I asked for help in this forum I got it freely and with kindness.
Please make sure that applies to all even brandonmoyer
thanks
cdwaldron

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJ6666,

His use of MJ for telemarketing hurts every MJ user. It protentially precipitates rules and limitations for us all because of his misuse. Do you know if this "company" employs any online employees or is it all just prerecorded junk. Phishing by phone for good numbers or other info to then be resold to other telemarketers.

I think PT was correct.
hsweiss
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdwaldron wrote:
MJ does not respond to modem dialing. You're wasting your time.

WRONG. The problem is that you have to s l o w down the modem dialing. MJ doesn't even do too well with fast manual dialing! I have had mixed success putting a fax modem thru MJ. I had very good success with a very old box still running Win98 and its fax software. I have had mixed success with the WinXP fax software on a significantly faster machine. So if you can play with modem dialing parameters, you could get it to work - just make the modem dial slower.

That all being said, being a proud user of the Do Not Call List - I hope the original poster can't figure out how to make this work.
norml jack

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brandonmoyer,

I'm not sure why your question brought out all that Obamaism, I just hope our information was of help.

Don't let these Obamamites dissuade you from asking questions.
root
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

norml jack wrote:
Brandonmoyer,

I'm not sure why your question brought out all that Obamaism, I just hope our information was of help.

Are you suggesting that we don't need the Obama administration to tell us how to think? Didn't Germany need Hitler to tell the German people how to think? What would Joe Stalin have done if the people of Russia had thought for themselves.

If you have an answer to someone's question, well then answer it. Beyond that, let Obama dictate how we think, isn't that why we elected him?
mufon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brandonmoyer,

I am looking for a job, your outfit hiring by chance?
dan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normal Jack

How does Obama have anything to do with the question asked.. by the first poster.. Open an Obama bashing forum and then you can go to town. But can you just stick to the questions being asked if you have the answer then great if not stop throwing useless information in these forums..
hsweiss
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

norml jack wrote:
Brandonmoyer,

What the heck does national politics have to do with the question or the responses? The guy freely states that he's a telemarketer. Fine, we tried to supply responses to help him. But as I said, I hope he can't get it working because apparently unlike you, I don't want to be disturbed by someone trying to sell me crap when I'm trying to have a nice dinner with my family.

BTW, the Do Not Call List was signed into law under George W Bush in 2003
Mimon
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

norml jack wrote:
Brandonmoyer,

I ,being a card carrying member of N.O.R.M.L resent your reactionary views on this non political forum,you're a traitor to N.O.R.M.L and to Humboldt Co.
I'll bet you are a LEO or a ripper !!!
you PHONY !!!
norml jack

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I probably am a phoney. I either am or I'm not. I try not to take myself too seriously.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: