Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Tell your Congressman to Vote "NO" to Bailout!!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tellmeall
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: Tell your Congressman to Vote "NO" to Bailout!!!!

President Bush reinforced this notion in his address to the nation last night and again urged Congress to act immediately.

Remember what happened the last time the executive branch warned of horrible consequences and rushed legislation through Congress? We got the Patriot Act, which to this day threatens our civil liberties on an unprecedented scale.

We do know that our economy is in for a rough ride. These bad mortgage-related assets will have to be cleared out and the market will have to reset. The only question is how that will happen.

The easy way out is to continue the same practices that got us to this point. We can put $700 billion, for starters, in the hands of Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson (a former CEO of Goldman Sachs) and Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke, and let them spend the money on whatever they wish.

This option will only delay the economic downturn, which will only be worsened.

Or, we can take this opportunity to end the federal government's interference in the marketplace, truly embrace free market capitalism, and return to a sound monetary system.

The Federal Reserve's practices of easy credit and monetary inflation have crashed our economy, and now they're asking us to trust them to fix it.

When you call Congress to express your outrage at the bailout, tell them you want real solutions.

It is time for Congress to:

1.) End the Bailouts - Congress must revoke the Federal Reserve's authority to bail out failed businesses at your expense.

2.) Cut Taxes and Curb Regulation - If we really want to stimulate businesses and revive the market, we need to cut corporate and capital gains taxes, spurring investors to come back to the market and making it easier to attract new workers and clients. It is also time to end failed legislation like Sarbanes-Oxley, which has crippled capital markets, diminished our competitiveness, and greatly harmed small businesses.

3.) Reduce Spending - We must freeze all non-entitlement spending by the federal government at current levels and eliminate wasteful spending both domestically and in our trillion-dollar overseas budget. Our debt has to come down, and it won't until we start living within our means.

4.) Reform the Monetary System - If we are to have long-term economic progress, we must end the system of printing money out of thin air. The current laws limiting the circulation of gold and silver-backed currency must be overturned. We can no longer base our money on the empty promises of bureaucrats that it is sound.

The federal government is trying to scare us into accepting more tyranny. Don't stand for it.

Here's the list of congresscritters at http://www.visi.com/juan/congress
Here's the list of Senators http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

Call just yours, or call them all and demand 1,2 ,3 and 4. It only takes seconds to do!
Matt9876
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject:

This only gets bad if banks stop loaning money to good customers.

I can understand if it is a mortgage loan "This is what caused this mess in the first place" scrutinize these transaction carefully so you the bank have no more losses.

Bail out wall street because of greed? No way should this happen!
gooney
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject:

i think it will be easy for my kids to get a business loan if they do bailout... so yes for the bailout just for my kids future.
laserjobs
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:45 am    Post subject:

You will be disgusted to hear what the bankers are being told and how to circumvent the provisions. Every taxpay should be outraged

Someone made an MP3 of the Treasury call to the Bankers!!!
http://www.filesavr.com/sifma

Here is where the story broke
http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2008/09/mussolini-style-corporatism-in-action.html

Listen to it and you can be outraged lke the rest of us.

Call your senator today!!!
mufon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:09 pm    Post subject:

In Texas, all BLACK DEMOCRATS voted for the bailout plan, most Republicans voted against.

Obama supporters, KMA!
bigboffo
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:29 am    Post subject:

mufon wrote:
In Texas, all BLACK DEMOCRATS voted for the bailout plan, most Republicans voted against.

Obama supporters, KMA!

I Guess that Sheila Jackson Lee should be notified that she is no longer black.

See how your Representative voted.

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2008/roll674.xml

Copied link off of loudobbs.com

Read factcheck.org's analysis on the economic crisis and believe who or what you want.

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/who_caused_the_economic_crisis.html
mufon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:40 am    Post subject:

Maybe when the day comes that certain folks among us decide to live in a society that I did not myself define, or most of us that we come across day by day, in a spirit of society, these types of discrepancies will not occur. Those that choose to define themselves outside of modern American culture I will not recognize, nor should anyone else.

And I pray to God that Barack Hussein Obama does not become our next President.
AlaninKY

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:33 am    Post subject:

It's awful the bailout has happened... so if your representatives of the US House and Senate voted for the bailout VOTE THEM OUT OF OFFICE!!!

I hate this bailout as more and more of the public will ask for a bailout and soon there will be more pigs at the public trough than there are hard working citizens. Evil or Very Mad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: