Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Temporary location

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FlaBill
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:35 pm    Post subject: Temporary location

I set up MJ on my laptop in an out of state location with broadband and can make calls. However I could not receive calls. They automatically go to my answering service.
Can MJ receive calls in a remote location?
Bill
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Temporary location

FlaBill wrote:
I set up MJ on my laptop in an out of state location with broadband and can make calls. However I could not receive calls. They automatically go to my answering service.
Can MJ receive calls in a remote location?
Bill

MJ can receive calls anywhere. You have other problems. First off you may need to get a POWERED USB hub, also if you are using the extension cord which came with your MJ, don't as it causes all kinds of problems. You may also want to check your USB setting in device manager. Check ALL of your USB root hub settings and if the power saving setting is enabled, if yes, uncheck it.

Joe Sica
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: