Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Test my phone line?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SocalDad
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: Test my phone line?

Every so often people I am talking to say they can barely hear me. Most of the time I can call them back and the problem clears up. I have tried all of the suggestions given by you good people but I have no way to tell if anything works. A few weeks ago someone gave a phone number to call to test your line. You can call and then the place you call repeats your message back to you. I think this could be a great way to test my line without driving my friends and relatives nuts with my "Can you hear me now?" calls. Can anyone give me the number to call, I didn't write it down when i had the chance.
Thanks in advance.
lonestarmagic
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject:

909-390-0003 <--------- test your voice line
sligg
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:06 am    Post subject:

lonestarmagic wrote:

What happens when you dial this number?
SocalDad
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:28 am    Post subject: All isx well again.

sligg wrote:
lonestarmagic wrote:

When I dialed the number everything I said was repeated back to me. I was able to determine if the volume was indeed loud enough. My friend who had been complaining to me admitted his phone might need replacing because most of his calls were weak, not just mine. I guess it was easier to blame Magic Jack than his telephone manufacturer. I am still keeping an eye on everything with the number from "lonestarmagic". Thank you again lonestarmagic!!!
Darkman90808
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject:

I no longer tell people I'm on a "computer phone"... I just make the call and talk. If they complain about echo or dropouts, I just call them back and say we probably just had a bad connection. I have two friends that still give me a ration because of problems I was having using my MJ with a wireless connection on a laptop.

I've had a few folks call me from my MJ to my cell phone so I could hear the sound quality for myself. Every call I've received from it has been outstanding. I convinced a fellow I know to get one and had him call to my cell phone as well as to my MJ; again, the quality was every bit as clear as a conventional land line.
SocalDad
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject: Good advice.

Darkman90808 wrote:
I no longer tell people I'm on a "computer phone"... I just make the call and talk. If they complain about echo or dropouts, I just call them back and say we probably just had a bad connection. I have two friends that still give me a ration because of problems I was having using my MJ with a wireless connection on a laptop.

I've had a few folks call me from my MJ to my cell phone so I could hear the sound quality for myself. Every call I've received from it has been outstanding. I convinced a fellow I know to get one and had him call to my cell phone as well as to my MJ; again, the quality was every bit as clear as a conventional land line.

I have found it interesting that some people will accept any excuse from a phone company that is charging $60 a month and they won't do anything but criticize at $20 a year. At this point I am happy even if I had to throw my Mj in a drawer. I will take your advice Darkman and just complain to people that they must have a bad connection and I'll call them right back at my expense Wink.
lonestarmagic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject:

Yer welcome on that phone number. I've never had any sound issues with mine....has always been really clear outgoing or incoming.

Seems though there are alot of ppl that have sound issues with theirs.....also looks like most are due to their phones they are using.
TexGuy
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:22 am    Post subject:

Then you need to test your QOS, click on start my speed without downloading anything. http://myspeed.visualware.com/voip/
CaliforniaPlaya
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject:

sligg wrote:
lonestarmagic wrote:

Nothing happens! Is this down or something? I just tried this and when I dial it, nothing happens. No ring, no voice, no nothing, I just get silence. Every other call I make goes through fine though, so its not my phone or line its whatever this service is.
Darkman90808
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject:

It simply repeats back what you say or play into it... try it. The idea, I believe, is you can get an indication of what the person on the other end hears when you speak.
CaliforniaPlaya
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject:

Ah, I figured it out, but thats only because I had to cough when I was calling it. I thought you'd be able to say a sentence or two and push a button and it plays it back but all it really does is echo back what you say. The first few times I called and I was quiet and was waiting for something to happen, ring, recording, anything. Rolling Eyes
lonestarmagic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject:

CaliforniaPlaya wrote:
Ah, I figured it out, but thats only because I had to cough when I was calling it. I thought you'd be able to say a sentence or two and push a button and it plays it back but all it really does is echo back what you say. The first few times I called and I was quiet and was waiting for something to happen, ring, recording, anything. Rolling Eyes

Laughing Laughing Laughing Sorry, I should have said in my post that you have to speak and it echo's back whatever you say.
JohnnyFreightTRAIN

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:13 am    Post subject:

Does anyone else hear a faint intermittent beeping sound when you call that number? Sort of like a modem trying to connect or something.

I know it's not my magicJack because it sounds fine with any other number, but when I call that number I keep hearing weird beeping tones that aren't very loud but loud enough that I notice them... Ya know?

Not really a big deal, though.
JohnODon
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:13 am    Post subject:

Sorry if someone already said this...

If you just press "1" and wait, you will be connected to the YMAX test line nad it will tell you if the call was successful.

John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: