magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thanks for this forum

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
samarai
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:12 am    Post subject: Thanks for this forum Reply with quote

It is very much appreciated that whoever went to the trouble of publishing this forum. I hope to learn from the postings here.

The MJ intriqued me for I could use it for two important reasons: 1. I do not like being out of contact with my customers when we visit our cabin on the lake for long weekends. There isn't adequate phone service there. However, there is a Verizon tower (surprise, surprise) with broadband coverage in the small town nearby. With a cordless phone connected to my computer (aircard installed) - I can have my business # forwarded to the MJ #. I can answer or get my voice mail and return calls promptly. 2. We RV also and all the aforementioned conditions also apply.

I ordered my MJ after reading most of the posts on the "official" MJ forum. I ordered it even though there was a lot of flaming about it. It shipped promptly with all the proper customer service emails keeping me up to date. I did not install it for several days as I did not look forward to all the installation problems I had read about. When I did install it - it went smoothly and I was able to operate it immediately. Whew, what a relief. It has continued to operate properly. I am a little disappointed at the voice quality. Therefore, I will continue to use SkypeOut for my outgoing telephone calls.

By the way - I use Grand Central along with the MJ & aircard. It is a great solution for my situation.

I have heard so much negative press, that I thought some forum readers would like to know that there are instances where it works as advertised. I don't care if Dan invented it or not, he has put together a great product. He will probably be bought out by Ebay or Google later.
Denver Dave
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes - thank you for the forum. How can we help? Hope MJ helps support this forum.
garybritt
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. Thanks for the forum and thanks for the participation of some really knowledgeable people.

Gary
digitalnomad
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a good and active forum...one of the best I have seen on any subject.
digitalnomad
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Samarai

PS - I think you are absolutely correct. The MJ is being setup for a buyout. One of the big guns will probably buy it and shelve the technology...and MagicJack will be a memory.
yNGriD
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just new to this forum..

but as i was going around..

i had read lot of helpful information and advices here..

well to the moderator of this site...

thanks a lot..

and also to the members who post informative post...

thanks a lot..

Wink
fujifilm99
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: Thanks for this forum Reply with quote

samarai wrote:

IWhen I did install it - it went smoothly and I was able to operate it immediately. Whew, what a relief. It has continued to operate properly. I am a little disappointed at the voice quality. Therefore, I will continue to use SkypeOut for my outgoing telephone calls.
Poor voice quality is usually due to a slow connection.
With your setup you're probably getting average quality for the connection speed.
samarai wrote:

. I have heard so much negative press, that I thought some forum readers would like to know that there are instances where it works as advertised.
Mine works and sounds great. If I could only call the people I'd like to, I would have no complaints about it for the price.

It sounds like your cabin might be located in the type of area where magicJack likes to keep people from calling to.
Can you call a local landline telephone number near your cabin using your magicJack without any problems?
Sumrall
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: Thanks for this forum Reply with quote

samarai wrote:
I did not install it for several days as I did not look forward to all the installation problems I had read about.

Very Happy Know the feeling. Whenever I check an item for ratings on Amazon, I always check the '1-Star' ratings first knowing that if anything can go wrong, it will go wrong for me! So I check to see what problems others had/have and see if the same problem might apply to me...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: