Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
THE BEST TIP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ruggb
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:44 pm    Post subject: THE BEST TIP

While chatting yet again with MJ, I ordered a NETTALK DUO - After 22 hours of chatting with a bunch of insane assholes at magicJack, I am tired. It does not work with Windows 7. At least not on any of 4 computers I have with W7, and they have no clue. The tech admitted to me that he was insane, expecting different results while repeating the same procedures.

Nettalk costs is 69.95 + 9.95 sh and 25% discount code for the first year. It is about $0.03/day more - It will cost me more in medication if I keep trying to fix MJ.

DUO connects to ur router so there is no issue with leaving ur computer on. It can also connect to ur computer if u happen to be using it away from home. u can configure QOS so computers on the router will have less priority and u won't get choppy voice because ur computer is downloading/uploading.
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: THE BEST TIP

ruggb wrote:
It does not work with Windows 7. At least not on any of 4 computers I have with W7, and they have no clue.

Has worked like a charm on my Windows 7 for about 6 months. Guess I'm a lucky one-in-a-million and should go play the lottery asap.
ruggb
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:08 am    Post subject:

nailgunner
when u look at the properties in windows explorer what file system does it say the CD (probably labeled "magicjack") is.
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:01 am    Post subject:

ruggb wrote:
nailgunner
when u look at the properties in windows explorer what file system does it say the CD (probably labeled "magicjack") is.

I have one CD Drive listed, and the file system is "unknown". It is labeled "I", and has nothing associating it to MJ, nor do any of my other listed drives.

I know so little about the technical stuff on MJ, so someone else will be able to give you better help. Under devices my "YMAX magicJack USB Device" is listed as a "DVD/CD-ROM drive" type, it is showing the location as "on USB Mass Storage Device". I also have a "USB Internet Phone by TigerJet" under devices listed as a "sound, video and game controllers" type, with a location of a long string of numbers.

One of those could be magicTalk, which they keep failing to un-install for me. And I also have a newer device, so that may be making a difference as well. I also thought that a recent update changed the way that MJ was being stored on our computers, so maybe you don't have that update, but that should have been pushed through on you regardless. Someone with a better grasp on the technical side will probably chime in.
gashliquor
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: THE BEST TIP

ruggb wrote:
While chatting yet again with MJ, I ordered a NETTALK DUO - After 22 hours of chatting with a bunch of insane assholes at magicJack, I am tired. It does not work with Windows 7. At least not on any of 4 computers I have with W7, and they have no clue. The tech admitted to me that he was insane, expecting different results while repeating the same procedures.

Nettalk costs is 69.95 + 9.95 sh and 25% discount code for the first year. It is about $0.03/day more - It will cost me more in medication if I keep trying to fix MJ.

DUO connects to ur router so there is no issue with leaving ur computer on. It can also connect to ur computer if u happen to be using it away from home. u can configure QOS so computers on the router will have less priority and u won't get choppy voice because ur computer is downloading/uploading.

MagicJack has no problems on Win7 64 bit, As for there customer service now thats a ISSUE in itself Exclamation , Don't praise Duo just because it works does'nt mean it will for a long time. It is a cheap piece of shit and just hope you receive one that works flawless without quality control for that matter. I own them all and then some and have custom ATA services running too Exclamation , I know shit when it comes to devices componets when i see it. If your Duo takes a dump next time your service will be on is when a replacement arrives 6 weeks to 2+ months later.

BTW: I would not pay no $69.95 or whatever you said above for a netTalk Duo, I paid $9.95 with next day shipping thats the ONLY reason it's worth it to me. The Duo has design flaws in the device itself even if it works WONDERS in your world until that world comes to a end you'll see what others are seeing. You will need SERIOUS MEDICATION if you have to return the device for a REPLACEMENT. The device for your information is not unlimited "5000 mins", The design FLAWS are Poor cheap shit power supplys, Weak mini USB female connector in device. Cheap USB to mini USB cable, Cheap internal RJ45 connector. Depending on the poor bastard putting this device together good luck and i'll be the 1st or 2nd one to welcome you to netTalk Exclamation Also the netTalk doesnt require ANY QOS of the router period to make it flawless sounding unless your on a $3.99 a month IP, 5 VoIP devices on the same router with a switch so i can go above 4 LAN ports and NO QOS used or a Broadband Booster either and can be on all services at one time and no break ups or other VoIP BS that can occur. Yes my Upload speed Maxs out around 14.85 Mbps. Again hope your China man took pride in his Duo workmanship on your device. Besides put a temp probe on the device it runs hotter then your CPU, Heat - Short life span unless you don't make calls that are long in mins. All this BS netTalk is aware of and there answer is " Where getting to it or making changes". When is the answer you don't get!.
ruggb
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:15 pm    Post subject:

thanks for the info gashliquor.

u could have told me about the price before i bought it!!
I did get 25% off.

Sounds like a 'made in China' device. I have a couple of card readers with the same USB connector issues.

On my system I may need QOS implemented. I have the std 384kbps upload speed and when downloading at 8mbps a lot of upload traffic is generated.
gashliquor
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:40 pm    Post subject:

ruggb wrote:
thanks for the info gashliquor.

u could have told me about the price before i bought it!!
I did get 25% off.

Sounds like a 'made in China' device. I have a couple of card readers with the same USB connector issues.

On my system I may need QOS implemented. I have the std 384kbps upload speed and when downloading at 8mbps a lot of upload traffic is generated.

If you paid like $44.xx plus shipping of 9.95 thats still insane, My NetTalk is no longer under warranty as i just don't accept junk hardware here. My netTalk has been removed from there black shell and put into a aluminum case with a heat sink and is 3x the size of the nornal netTalk now. The power connector and power suppy is NOT netTalks junk as i DO NOT use USB. I added two more LEDS ( Light Emitting Diodes ) for offline and online status with a power switch on unit that it can be disabled without pulling the plug from the wall outlet. Also RJ11 connectors x2 have been added for easy dual phone but same number and internal is a small cooling muffin fan silent you don't hear as added cooling. One foot stomp or drop on a factory device = Trash can, Step on mine = pain in foot, Mini USB to device to supply the 5v is cheap and causes alot of problems in other electronics aka Cameras etc. The RJ45 has been replaced with a non Hong Kong Foowee type.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: