Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
the magicjack plus on ebay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scotty200
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:04 pm    Post subject: the magicjack plus on ebay

i just found a MJ+ on ebay starting bid is $100.00 to Pre-orders should ship June 15, 2011! is what it say dont know if i shod risk it just thot i wold let every one on here know have a good one

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-MAGICJACK-PLUS-NO-COMPUTER-THIN-CLIENT-REQUIRED-/130529437801?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e64292869
nostrodamus
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Well, at least it's more reasonable than the other e Bay listing where the fool is asking 10,000 for it. But it's still 100% markup over the markup Dan's already asking for it.

And the guy admits he doesn't have the inventory yet, so it sounds like he's taking Dan's word that pre-orders will ship by mid month. If they don't, then anyone who pays him is gonna be stuck, and whoever pays this guy on E bay is gonna be stuck twice as hard.

And while the ad copy this guy's using looks authentic enough, it's not from the magicjack.com website. They're still pushing the old version (and yes, if you type magicjackplus.com into your browser, you still get the old site) So who knows where this came from.
sabresfan
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:03 pm    Post subject:

He doesn't even have them in stock yet. I call SCAM on this one. MJ will probably have them in Walmart and Bestbuy by the end of August.
Darkman90808
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:39 pm    Post subject:

sabresfan... is this an educated guess or based on insider information? Enquiring minds want to know!!
sabresfan
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:35 am    Post subject:

Darkman90808 wrote:
sabresfan... is this an educated guess or based on insider information? Enquiring minds want to know!!
Educated guess on this one. Anyone that would give a $100 "preorder" for a MJ+ to someone on ebay would have to have rocks in their head. Besides I will see them where I work (in bigtime with wallyworld) before they hit store shelves.
Bill Smith

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:12 am    Post subject:

Somebody asked the seller about transferring time from MJ to MJ plus. Text follows:

Q: I currently have a regular Magicjack with 3 years remaining. You mentioned that it is possible to transfer the existing number to the new device. Will the time transfer as well? Jun-06-11

A: Dear 5east, I chatted with MagicJack technical support, and they claim that: 1. The MJ Plus isn't available yet (even though I've ordered three), and 2. It is currently not possible to transfer your time or license to a new device. My understanding is that the number transfer feature has to deal with transferring an existing LandLine or cell phone number to your magicJack, not referring to the transfer of one magicJack number to another. That will have to be handled directly by MagicJack tech support if or when it becomes available.. It seems quite strange to me that MagicJack is telling me that they aren't selling the MJ Plus units yet, while they have already started advertising and taking orders.
Darkman90808
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:33 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Besides I will see them where I work (in bigtime with wallyworld) before they hit store shelves.

XLNT! I'll be looking for your post. I'm really surprised MJ let themselves get so far behind the curve on this one. Isn't this the same basic idea as the Net Talk Duo? If so, what does MJ bring to the table to make me want one? Thanks....
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:44 am    Post subject:

Bill Smith wrote:
Somebody asked the seller about transferring time from MJ to MJ plus. Text follows:

Q: I currently have a regular Magicjack with 3 years remaining. You mentioned that it is possible to transfer the existing number to the new device. Will the time transfer as well? Jun-06-11

A: Dear 5east, I chatted with MagicJack technical support, and they claim that: 1. The MJ Plus isn't available yet (even though I've ordered three), and 2. It is currently not possible to transfer your time or license to a new device. My understanding is that the number transfer feature has to deal with transferring an existing LandLine or cell phone number to your magicJack, not referring to the transfer of one magicJack number to another. That will have to be handled directly by MagicJack tech support if or when it becomes available.. It seems quite strange to me that MagicJack is telling me that they aren't selling the MJ Plus units yet, while they have already started advertising and taking orders.

I have a feeling that this Ebay guy has been dealing with a MagicJack re-seller and not MagicJack. So I think he's way off base in posting that MJ is taking orders. And as far as I have seen MagicJack has done no advertising on MJPlus. There was an advertising insert that someone posted about earlier on here:

http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/magicjack-plus-advertisement-t10838.html

But that didn't appear to come from MJ either. I just called the phone number listed and it does connect you to "The Savings Shopping Network" that was mentioned on the insert. From what the other guy posted, they have a limit of 3 to order, so I'm betting that is where the Ebay guy placed his order of 3.

I do like his can-do spirit though. In that prior Q&A he justifies charging $100 for his pre-orders by bringing up the early scarcity of PS2 and PS3 when they came out. Somehow I just don't see customers banging on the doors of BestBuy demanding MagicJack Plus. Especially when it appears we can use his same source for his pre-orders, "The Savings Shopping Network", whatever the hell that is.
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:06 pm    Post subject:

Darkman90808 wrote:
Quote:
Besides I will see them where I work (in bigtime with wallyworld) before they hit store shelves.

XLNT! I'll be looking for your post. I'm really surprised MJ let themselves get so far behind the curve on this one. Isn't this the same basic idea as the Net Talk Duo? If so, what does MJ bring to the table to make me want one? Thanks....

I think they are counting on the retailer distribution they have in place for MJ to generate a lot of their sales for the Plus. I think NetTalk still can only be bought on-line, although WalMart will ship it to a store for you for free. So being able to see the Plus in a bunch of different retailers will give them an advantage, or disadvantage depending on your view of MJ.

I am curious though. The NetTalk is listed for $70 on WalMart. I wonder how long it will stay that high after the Plus comes out for $50?
scotty200

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject: the magicjack plus on ebay

look like some one did the pre order for MJ+ on ebay hope they get it lol Wink
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: the magicjack plus on ebay

scotty200 wrote:
look like some one did the pre order for MJ+ on ebay hope they get it lol Wink

Looks like he may have "sold" all 3. It's showing 3 bids and that the bidding has ended. Not that I'm a deep down mean person, but I would love to get a hold of the buyers emails and send them the 800 # where they can pre order for half what they just paid.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: