Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Next Generation Internet ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagicJackLover101
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: The Next Generation Internet ?

I read sometime ago, there is a new generation of Internet coming out soon in 2008 or 2009.

It's called: (The Grid).

Has anybody out here heard anymore about it ?
Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Idea
strndedinalska
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject:

Haven't heard of that one. I've heard of dozens of new technologies that the Internet Gods have been playing with for the future such as the Broadband over powerlines, etc.
MagicJackLover101
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject:

strndedinalska wrote:
Haven't heard of that one. I've heard of dozens of new technologies that the Internet Gods have been playing with for the future such as the Broadband over powerlines, etc.

This is a partial summary of the last thing i read about it:

'The Grid' Could Soon Make the Internet Obsolete

Monday , April 07, 2008

The Internet could soon be made obsolete. The scientists who pioneered it have now built a lightning-fast replacement capable of downloading entire feature films within seconds. At speeds about 10,000 times faster than a typical broadband connection, “the grid” will be able to send the entire Rolling Stones back catalogue from Britain to Japan in less than two seconds. (That's Zooooooooming Dude)... Laughing and so cool. Idea

The latest spin-off from Cern, the particle physics centre that created the web, the grid could also provide the kind of power needed to transmit holographic images; allow instant online gaming with hundreds of thousands of players; and offer high-definition video telephony for the price of a local call.

David Britton, professor of physics at Glasgow University and a leading figure in the grid project, believes grid technologies could “revolutionise” society. “With this kind of computing power, future generations will have the ability to collaborate and communicate in ways older people like me cannot even imagine,” he said.

“Projects like the grid will bring huge changes in business and society as well as science,” Doyle said.

“Holographic video conferencing is not that far away. Online gaming could evolve to include many thousands of people, and social networking could become the main way we communicate.

“The history of the internet shows you cannot predict its real impacts but we know they will be huge.”

Check this link out:
The Internet on Steroids
Darkman90808
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:28 pm    Post subject:

We are Borg. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile
HendersonMike

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject:

Ain't heard Al Whore (Gore) say anything yet about inventing another internet so it must be a rumor.
MagicJackLover101
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject:

HendersonMike wrote:
Ain't heard Al Whore (Gore) say anything yet about inventing another internet so it must be a rumor.

Danggggggggggg, HendersonMike, I C you are really in love with Al Gore.. Crying or Very sad Sad Surprised , oh well leaving that alone.

check this out: http://www.wired.com/science/discoveries/news/2001/03/42230
JohnnyFreightTRAIN

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:11 am    Post subject:

Al Gore did not invent the Internet.
But he did invent Global Warming...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: