magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The number you dialed is not in service, please check the...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fair
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject: The number you dialed is not in service, please check the... Reply with quote

Hi, I am new to this Forum, registered because of what happened yeaterday. When you call my magic jack number you get a recording that says: "The number you dialed is not in service, please check the number and dial again." Sad Rolling Eyes

I opened up a support ticket with magic jack and just found out a few minutes ago that this is a wide spread problem among magic jack users - I am not the only person with this recording on their number - when someone tries to call them.

Anyone here's magic jack number affected by this? Allegedly their engineers are working on it.
cooldude929
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem; I've spent more than an hour with Tech Chat yesterday...
Fair
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject: The number you dialed is not in service, please check the... Reply with quote

My daughter's magic jack is affected - apparently they were doing an update to the system - to add more features - and I guess something went wrong. They knocked out thousands of numbers.

Their engineers are working on it. At 4 PM they told me it would be fixed in 3-5 hours - and it's not with our numbers.
cooldude929
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only new york is affected ? I called from my cell phone..it errors out.. but I dialed from another cell phone with boson number and it worked.
Fair
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am beginning to think that this is the case.

Someone called me today and got through - so it must have something to do with some carriers - suddenly not being able to recognize the magic jack numbers - with this update they attempted on Friday.

This update wiped out the recognition they already had established and they are scrambling to put it back to the way it was.
pikotski
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The number you dialed is not in service, please check the number and dial again."

Please click on the link to download and run the upgrade: http://upgrades.magicJack.com/upgrade/upgrade.exe
Fair
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:32 am    Post subject: You're a little late.... Reply with quote

This was corrected on August 22nd, you are way late to respond. Evil or Very Mad
jeffreytp
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject: Not in service Reply with quote

I am having the same problem, it is not resolved. 3 #'s affected beginning with 914-363-xxxx. What is the solution. Been on chat and email with them for hours and they don't know what they are doing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: