magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The "REAL" Minimum System Requirements for MJ???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flybeech
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:06 am    Post subject: The "REAL" Minimum System Requirements for MJ??? Reply with quote

From what I can find, XP Embedded SP2 has the following system requirements and recommendations.

CPU: Computer with 300 megahertz or higher processor clock speed recommended; Pentium II 233 MHz minimum required (single or dual processor system);* Intel Pentium/Celeron family, or AMD K6/Athlon/Duron family, or compatible processor recommended.

RAM: 128 MB megabytes (MB) of RAM or higher (256 megabytes recommended) (64 MB minimum supported; may limit performance and some features)

Flash: 200 megabytes or more of available storage space

Video: Super VGA (800 � 600) or higher-resolution video adapter and monitor.

User Interface: Keyboard and Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device.

For quality magicJack telephony over a thin client, what is the REAL minimum, assuming the only job the thin client has is magicJack telephony? Where does the law of diminishing returns begin for each item in the system? How "thin" can a thin client be, before quality begins to degrade? Is having a fast processor and a gig of RAM and Flash in the latest HP t5730 really going to give you any better call quality?
lockmaster
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: minium tc/mj requirements Reply with quote

If you will research this forum you will discover the answer to the question(s) you posed. Some forum members have MJ working on the tc5700 with as little as 256 mb ram and 500 mb on board flash. This seems to be the bare minimum for mj; and in most cases even this configuration is on the thrusthold. Most of the experienced tc users recommend 500 mb ram and 1 meg on board flash for tc 57XX models. I have a tc 5700 (1 Ghz) with 1 mb flash and 500 mb ram and the quality is as good as my land line. My tc is dedicated to mj and runs 24/7 unattended with no keyboard or mouse. I use teem viewer on my laptop to reboot the tc and mj as required
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: