magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The simple way I got contacts to load

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spokes
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:16 pm    Post subject: The simple way I got contacts to load Reply with quote

open browser\tools\Internet options\@ top click Advanced\securty section-click "allow active content to run in files on My Computer"\apply\ok
Unplug MJ, Plug back in, may need to run update http://upgrades.magicjack.com/upgrade/upgrade.exe
This worked for me, it opened up AddressBook and allowed it to install
newtoncd
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: The simple way I got contacts to load Reply with quote

spokes wrote:
open browser\tools\Internet options\@ top click Advanced\securty section-click "allow active content to run in files on My Computer"\apply\ok
Unplug MJ, Plug back in, may need to run update http://upgrades.magicjack.com/upgrade/upgrade.exe
This worked for me, it opened up AddressBook and allowed it to install

To follow-up with another option, I got mine to download by opening IE and then selecting: Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced -> Security -> Reset All Zones to Default Level.
spokes
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats really odd now I don't see, CD-Rom magicJack drive, MJ the removable drive, but it loaded and works fine.
MorkeuM
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if you are aware of this, but there's a fix on the MJ website for the contact list issue. I just applied it and got my contact list back as well as my call log.

http://www.magicjack.com/9/fixes.asp
spokes
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes to post above:

http://upgrades.magicjack.com/upgrade/upgrade.exe and http://www.magicjack.com/9/fixes.asp will get you version 1.92.5305.3709 upgrade
donschjr
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MorkeuM wrote:
Don't know if you are aware of this, but there's a fix on the MJ website for the contact list issue. I just applied it and got my contact list back as well as my call log.

Lucky me got the Lucky You update today and lost my contacts, the fix at the link was no help.
spokes
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

donschjr wrote:
MorkeuM wrote:

Lucky me got the Lucky You update today and lost my contacts, the fix at the link was no help.

Did you try resetting internet options as mentioned above? There are two options, the first one worked for me, I have tried it with not allowing and allowing active content to run in files on My Computer, only works when I click "allow" and there is the Default setting mentioned.
donschjr
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't change my internet options and I won't be changing them. My TC runs with no virus software and I can't allow things to install whenever they want. The point is moot now anyhow, I've decided I've wasted enough time and money trying to get decent service from my MJ. I've ordered a TK6000 to try and if it has the same problems I'll go back to a regular phone.
sabresfan
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

donschjr wrote:
I didn't change my internet options and I won't be changing them. My TC runs with no virus software and I can't allow things to install whenever they want. The point is moot now anyhow, I've decided I've wasted enough time and money trying to get decent service from my MJ. I've ordered a TK6000 to try and if it has the same problems I'll go back to a regular phone.
Let us know how the tk6000 works for you. When I get the extra cash I wouldn't mind trying one out.
spokes
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

donschjr wrote:

After you allow active content to run in files on My Computer, you can plug MJ in, run update, then un-click it and MJ will run with contacts loaded, but you may have to do this everytime you restart your computer. The reason AddressBook wont load is result of loading SP2, As for no virus protection, you could try Malicious Software Removal Tool, it is a malware remover, better then none @ all.
P.S. Let us know about the TK6000, I am always interested in a better product if I can scrape up the cash as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: