Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
THE TRUTH ABOUT MAGIC JACK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saxman
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:19 pm    Post subject: THE TRUTH ABOUT MAGIC JACK

i have had mine for over a year and I have told alot of people how great they are. I think we all do that when we first get them. It's so much fun to brag about how much we save. It's great watching a friends face when you tell them about it and the cost. They call you a liar or a bs er.So for a year I been a good customer and probably helped to get alot of these sold. On my other forums I talk on, we talk tech stuf and I told alot of people a few times all about them. So I probably sold alot of these.Well, after a year with this thing, the truth is, they have problems still and I see no end in sight. With all the new money coming in , how come there is still days when I can't call out or the line has echo or delay or I get no dial tone at all or some numbers just won't dial out.After a year this should not still be going on. I told myself that I would give it a year to work out the kinks.Then I would go back to a landline if the problems were still there. So, now I am real close to going back.I have put up with alot of bad calls in the last year. People have said it sounded like I was calling from Mexico-wow a 3rd world phone for 20 bucks a year. So, just how cheap am I anyway?

I haven't made up my mind yet but will soon. First I want to ask the boss about it. I want to see if they are really working on the audio quality STILL!-

But as time goes by I have a problem with doing that. I keep having small problems with mine and I thought that after this long all the problems would be ironed out but last week I was unable to dial out to call anywhere for a few hours. This is unacceptable with a primary phone. After this long I thouht they would be running with alot less problems then they are.. I have spent extra money to get a clean sound. I have the HBB1 Hawking Broadband Booster as well as a new modem with a much faster connection. I went from 1.5 mbps to 12 mbps and I still have ocassional problems. So, will this phone get better? I think it has improved some but it still has problems and I want them gone and so does everyone else. The tech support department is another sore subject and seems to have gotten worse instead of better. I haven't used then for a real long time as I have the email address of some of the tech people as well as Dan the Boss-I have offered these address to people if they have tried the tech support and gotten dick for their trouble. It's all I ever got.I may write Dan tonight and tell him he needs to do something with tech support.Get real tech support people that know what the hell their doing or hire people to man a bank of phones all night. I can't recommend this phone to any more people until it's fixed.

If you want the email address for the boss or a few tech support people write me at [email protected]-

I'm not a really good techi but I do know a few things and I know how to ask for help when I'm over my head. Most of us are over are heads with this fine piece of technology so shoot some emails to the support people directly and get one on one attention to your problem-Hey-It may only be 20 bucks but it's supposed to work right? Don't give up. It will work.-Rob

Last edited by saxman on Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:55 am; edited 2 times in total
az2008
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:21 pm    Post subject:

This should have been posted in the "reviews" or "rants and raves" forum. Not tech support.

Mark
saxman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:37 am    Post subject: It's a Review with tech support help

Well I suppose but then I'm providing the address's for people to contact the tech support people and do a one on one support session with the head of that department or email Dan for help..I've already let thm know about it and it's fine. They just don't need to be swamped-The rest of the post is more of a personel review more then a rant. Just a discussion about the service.. and I wanted to add the address' so people can get better tech help and this is the place people look for help

. There is a big backup of people with problems with the phone and the Live Support is not able to keep up. As this service grows they need to add alot more tech help. People with training. To hear that a MJ customer was told he would have to buy another unit because of it's bad audio quality is not right. He needs to talk to Dan about that and alot of people don't know gow to contact him.
hsweiss
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject:

I've sent email to "Dan" in the past regarding the continuing echo problems. I'd gotten responses - never from Dan himself but from a few different of his tech support guys (e.g., Marvin). Everyone (including chat tech support) that the problem will be cleared up in a day, week, month, etc and that its been submitted to the engineers to solve. Has it been solved - heck NO! I (and others on this forum) still get horrible echo when calling within the same area code as the MJ. *67 dialing gets rid of it and honestly, for $20/year I can live with that (especially since I can program the numbers that I usually call into the phone or the softphone contact list). My beef, just like yours is that after 6 months this should have been cleared up or at least something should have been posted to the "official" FAQ to tell people about this. Communications from MJ is horrible - the last couple of times I've sent something to "Dan" its gone into the bit bucket. No response what-so-ever. I've given up dealing with them. Every night I make a call to an automated attendant in the 718 area code to see if the echo has cleared up. So far, 100% of the calls still have echo. Something changed because the echo was NOT there when I first got MJ back in Feb. And its not my machine since I've used my MJ on several other machines from several other locations - all with the same result.

But I have not been "brave" enough to rely on MJ as my landline replacement and won't for the forseeable future.
canyon
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: Have had MJ for a couple of weeks now...

and it is hit and miss. It mostly works, but we've experienced the occasional echo, low voice, dial to dial tone issue, etc. I really don't need a land line at all. I had Vonage but decided $40/month was a waste. I only purchased the MJ for use with international calling.
Mark
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject:

I've been using magicJack exclusively (as I canceled my land line Verizon phone service) for about 4 months and I have no bad things to say, particularly when I consider the cost savings. True, with a high speed DSL/Cable phone, the phone won't work if the high speed service isn't working. I'm using my magicJack with a wirless AT&T phone and all works fine.

Anyone who loves magicJack one minute then hates it the next needs to be fair about why suddenly magicJack has fallen out of your good graces. To have everything working one minute and then not working usually indicates a computer/software problem. That's not the fault of magicJack. I'm not a sales person for magicJack but I see a lot of criticisms coming from people who badmouth magicJack once something goes wrong without due regard to whether the problem has to do with magicJack or something else.
SpamBox

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:50 am    Post subject:

As someone who has been using MJ for getting close to a year, I'll be the first to admit it does sometime have issues. For the past couple of months though the problems are usually my fault (have too many torrents running typically). For the typical user, MJ should run just fine on a high-speed connection.

FYI - my issues are usually fixed just by pausing my torrents and powercycling my router.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: