Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The VOIP gods have answered my prayers - changes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr_Dasher
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: The VOIP gods have answered my prayers - changes

After spending a bit over a month setting up my MJ and countless hours on the CHAT line I can finally say that my MJ now works.. To be honest with you I can't believe how great it is working. Granted it's been just over a week and who knows what tomorrow will bring but for now I'll enjoy it. :0)

I've notice a few improvements that I'd like to note. Though I don't live in NYC my number is from there. My connection use to suffer from extremely poor quality in the evenings. Though my proxy has stayed the same I've now noticed that the number of VMS servers has increased to at least 5 (all in the same IP range). The VMS servers my calls are directed through seem to change on a ongoing basis and on the rare occasion sometimes my call will roll over to a VMS server that is in an other area code. The roll over happens flawlessly and there is no delay. I wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't been an effort to monitor. There is also the increase in the number of ports which I guess means being able to handle even more calls (a port per call I think??).

I'll give it another week and who knows I may buy the 5 year plan. I just have to find people to call and leave poor MovieFon alone.

Later,

Mr_D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: