magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

There NO support from MJ

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
terryfox
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:19 pm    Post subject: There NO support from MJ Reply with quote

Hi ... There seem to be no phone number or live chat support any more ? I just try the live chat and there wasn't any . Where their phone number for support , Anyone know how to reach these people ?

Thanks
mberlant
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chat works just fine.

In the future, you might prefer to read the postings that others have made on this very topic before creating a new thread. Or, you can use the Search button to find answers.

Or, rather than posting a vague comment in a new thread (that happens not to be true), you might prefer in the future to seek out a thread that talks about the real problem you are experiencing. You will probably find the answer you seek, and if not you will be in the right place to add your specific symptoms and the remedies that failed you at the bottom of that thread.
az2008
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: There NO support from MJ Reply with quote

terryfox wrote:
Hi ... There seem to be no phone number or live chat support any more ? I just try the live chat and there wasn't any . Where their phone number for support , Anyone know how to reach these people ?

See the wiki page for "Requesting help." It describes the way MJ requires you to get into chat, and also refers to other contact methods.

Mark
terryfox
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I try it again and this time I notice the live chat box after entering the search section and was able to connect . Though it would be nice if they had a number to call to . Thanks
mberlant
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it would be nice to have a phone number, but that would necessarily lift the price higher than the $20 per year we pay now.

And, you would know this already if you would read the postings of others who have come before you.
hsweiss
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try:

Magic Jack Phone number: 281-404-1551
Billing Magic Jack number: 561-594-2140
acatastrophe
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why must one go through hoops trying to get technical help? Shouldn't the company provide answers and help? Where's the phone number? Why isn't it on the website? My chat also didn't work, just adding more frustration and fuel to my internal fire. I don't feel I should have to search for this help. It should automatically be provided.
az2008
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

acatastrophe wrote:
Why must one go through hoops trying to get technical help? Shouldn't the company provide answers and help?

It wouldn't be a $1.67 per month service if they provided real 'Mericans to speak to whenever you want.

It's a two-edged sword. When the service works, I'm glad to have an inexpensive service. I don't even mind having to put some effort into making it work (change proxies, etc.). But, when it doesn't work, I wouldn't mind spending $5 a month for a better service (with better support).

Mark
mberlant
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do both. I have "real" services in different countries to provide more reliable inbound and outbound service. But, they either charge by the minute or permit only one call at a time. By using MJ for outbound calls to the US and Canada I keep these other services available for use on calls where they are most cost effective.

Having an MJ for $1.67 per month means that I don't need to pay my "real" US service provider for another $20 line.

MJ has effectively carved out a third niche in the telephone world. I have been advising for years that "VoIP is a wonderful substitute for Long Distance, but a miserable substitute for POTS." Well, it seems now that "MJ is a wonderful substitute for VoIP Long Distance, but a miserable substitute for VoIP." I am at peace with that, and I believe that most other forum members are, as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: