Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
There we go!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
randyored
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject: There we go!!!!

It is starting. Just checked my answering machine attached to my MJ. telemarketer!!!

I have only shared my MJ number with my friend and my 2 kids. No one is a risk.

So, only MJ could have spread my number.
az2008
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: There we go!!!!

randyored wrote:
So, only MJ could have spread my number.

Blocks of numbers assigned to MJ are public domain. The wiki explains how to discover them.

I received a couple robo calls. I went to the "do-not-call registry," registered my number, and haven't received another for 6-8 months.

Mark
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:00 am    Post subject: Re: There we go!!!!

[quote="
Quote:
I went to the "do-not-call registry," registered my number, and haven't received another for 6-8 months.

Mark
[/quote]
Do not call registry is a lame duck. It worked great in the beginning, but now nobody cares about it. Interestingly, I receive near zero junk calls on my MJ line, even less than on my cell.
az2008
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: There we go!!!!

cell14 wrote:
Do not call registry is a lame duck. It worked great in the beginning, but now nobody cares about it.

"Nobody" is a strong and obviously incorrect term.

You're correct that "some" ignore it. I receive occasional telemarketing calls on my cell phone (and used to on my landline before disconnecting it).

But, I've had *far* fewer after registering (despite the fact that I have a few now).

Mark
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: There we go!!!!

az2008 wrote:
cell14 wrote:
Do not call registry is a lame duck. It worked great in the beginning, but now nobody cares about it.

"Nobody" is a strong and obviously incorrect term.

You're correct that "some" ignore it. I receive occasional telemarketing calls on my cell phone (and used to on my landline before disconnecting it).

But, I've had *far* fewer after registering (despite the fact that I have a few now).

Mark

The number of "classic" telemarketing calls went down by 75%. However, the number of robo calls trippled, the number of junk faxes doubled, the number of "market research" calls doubled, the number of calls from certain aggressive "charities" ( like the notorious 'fraternal order of police'" remained the same. Landline thus. The number of junk calls to my cellphones increased four fold, allthough remained tolerable (about 2 per month on one and one per month on the other). Text spam to cellphones increased so dramatically that I completely disabled the feature on both of them. The junk calls and faxes at 3.a.m. were part of the consideration of getting rid off the land line.
Magic Jack : Not one junk call ever ( since nov. 2008). Knocking on the wood.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: