Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
They change the password, guys with ATA's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
somenon3
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: They change the password, guys with ATA's

People using the ATA hacks:
Most everyone may know this, but I found it out the hard way.
If you are using an ATA, and haven't used your MJ in a while:
If you use your MJ after rebooting your computer (maybe) or on a new computer (definately), when MJ gets a new provisioning file, YOUR SIP PASSWORD CHANGES!
Anyway, if you already know how to get the password, it's not a big deal, but it is kinda a pain. Your ATA will most likely throw an error like "Could not connect to registration server". Mine said that for a while, it just so happens I recorded my password, and just to check, re-got my password, and they were different.

Just thougth I'd throw those 2 cents in, I've ready pretty much every article in here about how to get an ATA to work, and hadn't seen that issue before.

-Some
SpamBox
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:55 am    Post subject:

Umm if you were using an ATA why did you plug your Mj back in?
I'm pretty sure it's been mentioned time and time again, if you are able to get an ATA up and running on MJ, to lock away just so this sort of thing doesn't happen!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: