magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

They're here !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul777
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:56 pm    Post subject: They're here ! Reply with quote

Well finally ...

My order for MJ Plus (2 of them) finally arrived (ordered September 25th). It took a lot of chatting, follow up, and threats to cancel... but the first order was lost. Then they had to "re-ship" another two.

Some issue with setup as I have two MJ numbers. During registration it asks what email address I used for ordering. This only brings up one MJ number. If you have another MJ number you want to register it to, don't use the email address you used for ordering, use the email address of the phone# you actually want to register it to. Make sense?

So far.. no beeps no issues. Can dial in, dial out, no problems. As for the 50% promo that is apparently floating around, I will not be able to see the dial pad window since MJ Plus does not require a computer. Sad Keep watching for it. Hopefully if someone sees it they will post for all of us to grab the deal. Make a great Christmas gift ! Order more than one !

Have fun everyone.
Matt9876
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Luck hope they work good for you. Smile

I think the 50% off sale is an urban legion.
scotty200

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i totally agree with u Matt9876 when have they ever give there customer's anything. but grief ! Laughing
kleeb
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard Dan say on the radio that they would offer the $35 price on the soft phone sometime this month. If it's an urban legend, he fell for it too.
thealien
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: They're here ! Reply with quote

Paul777 wrote:
Well finally ...

My order for MJ Plus (2 of them) finally arrived (ordered September 25th)...

I'm in Canada too, the Montreal Quebec region, and my MJ+ has never worked properly for more than a few minutes at a time, except when it's connected to my computer (as a regular MJ) where it's flawless.

I hope for you, that yours work better than mine...

And no, it's not a router issue. It's not working well even when connected directly to my cable modem. But it works flawlessly when connected to my Mac, which is accessing the internet via a wireless router!

Let us know if they both work flawlessly on their own all the time...
scotty200

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi thealien
just was wondering what router do u have ?also have u tried a different Ethernet cable if u hooked it directly to your modem and it did not work my be u need to get them to send u a new mjp it my be defective ?

also my be your modem is not compatible . is it just a modem or a combo ?

have a good one
Paul777

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh... this is interesting...

So when my thin client crapped out, I had no way of running my two magicjacks on one computer. So I enabled call forwarding on one of them so if anyone called it would at least be forwrded to my cell phone.

All was good. Then when my MagicJack Plus arrived (two of them) I registered as normal (followed prompts) and registered each one to respective phone#.

Here's where it get interesting... when people call the number where I had forwarded to my cell phone, my magicJack Plus rings and my cell phone rings !! I know this is temporary unless I pay for future years on my old magicjack or my magic jack plus. Might just be worth keeping two MJ's running on one number ?

Last edited by Paul777 on Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Matt9876
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul777 wrote:
Oh... this is interesting.. Might just be worth keeping two MJ's running on one number ?

Just add one more year if it's a feature you like.

My wife just completed four crystal clear MJ+ phone calls from TN to her family in MI, My MJ+ works great. Very Happy
Paul777

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes... I like. One would hope MagicJack would eventually have simultaneous ring or call hunt, but if not this might be a way to get it (albeit it a paid version).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: