magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

thin client flashing?? t5700

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
decadude
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: thin client flashing?? t5700 Reply with quote

I want to flash my thin client but i am out of disk space in being able to copy the flash to my t5700

i downloaded teh flash i heard there is a way to make a bootable usb thumb drive and set bios settings to boot from thumb drive first

any help would be greatly appreciative
stroths
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at the stickies or follow the link in my signature.
decadude
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:26 am    Post subject: question Reply with quote

when i boot and try to flash it states that there is not enough space i have got the image on the usb drive i did the format usb option

then put in thin client and verified boot settings were to boot from usb first

i get that error that there is not enough space
decadude
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:40 am    Post subject: found out Reply with quote

i found out my amount of flash memory is 192mb and that is not enough for this flash

is there a flash with sp2 that is lower than the newest flash??

does anyone know a work around on this?

thanks
stroths

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone created a walkthrough for the 192mb version in THIS THREAD but I don't remember on what page, so you will have to look through it.
decadude
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:44 am    Post subject: many props bro Reply with quote

thanks found it!

to anyone else looking for a flash on these here is a link

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=12454&prodSeriesId=339208&prodNameId=379363&swEnvOID=1058&swLang=13&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=PSG_I22056-106343
decadude
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: for those looking Reply with quote

for those looking for the post it is here

http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/hp-thin-client-and-magic-jack-t685-60.html

refer to guyontheair post

only problem is that flash he recommends is windows xp embeded with service pack 1 and the part in control panel that has hp logon manager to logon as administrator i do not have this option. i downloaded teh recommended addons that remove stuff. I simply do not see how the guy got this working ???

i plug in the magicjack and i dont get jack, lol

bumpin' my post
decadude
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:04 am    Post subject: wow amazing got it working Reply with quote

you have to run the addons he talks about to a thumb drive and run them from there then go to c:\program files\altris\
(basically) find the rips folder and run the extract files from there.

the big thing is you have to hold shift down and hit logoff keep holding shift the entire time during logoff in order to login as administrator

by default i see no hp logon manager for standard user now staying logged in as admin upon boot i have yet to figure out b/c it logs in as user each time
decadude
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:10 am    Post subject: oh but Reply with quote

confirmed magic jack will in fact work on a t5700 that has 192mb flash memory

Smile

hope my post added something to the original persons
bneuman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: oh but Reply with quote

decadude wrote:
confirmed magic jack will in fact work on a t5700 that has 192mb flash memory

Smile

hope my post added something to the original persons

Way to stick with it! Very Happy Isn't learning fun!
decadude
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: it is Reply with quote

the thing about it is i keep having a dang problem with receiving calls.....my old number would not receive calls for nothing when people called in they would get fax like tones

magic jack forced me to use my one time number change then viola it worked now today i can not receive calls again they always constantly say they are upgrading the network is the reason for this, lol its almost comedy in its fullest

i refuse to do the chat anymore they tell me the same things make sure do not disturb is checked they will tell you this first then they will say unplug wait 15 secons plug back in....then when they get tired of chatting with you its a computer reboot or reset your modem

lol

pretty upset b/c today i can not receive calls for the first time on the new line....people call in says network busy... has anyone else encountered this
maine-iac

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have read on here somewhere that sometimes a phone number change may take a day or two to straighten itself out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: