magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thin Client no longer for sale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack related items For Sale / Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kevin8629
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: Thin Client no longer for sale Reply with quote

Sorry Changed my mind

Last edited by kevin8629 on Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alpman
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Kevin,

Did you try to adjust your fax machine settings? You should set your baud rate to 9600 or lower and make sure to disable error correction as well. If you can make these changes it should work with good reliability. I have a thin client 667Mhz with just 128mb memory running dedicated to my fax machine with 9 out of 10 or better successful transmissions. Not bad for a $20/yr fax line...give it a try before you decide to sell it.
telltom
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've discovered that faxing using voip is real iffy. I use MJ and when i fax in the morning it goes thru with no problems. Later in the day when traffic is great the recipient may get half a page or it may not go thru. I've tried it with other services and same results.
kevin8629
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alpman wrote:
Hey Kevin,

Did you try to adjust your fax machine settings? You should set your baud rate to 9600 or lower and make sure to disable error correction as well. If you can make these changes it should work with good reliability. I have a thin client 667Mhz with just 128mb memory running dedicated to my fax machine with 9 out of 10 or better successful transmissions. Not bad for a $20/yr fax line...give it a try before you decide to sell it.

Thanks Alpman, I will give it a try...I worked with it quite a bit yesterday, and although I have faxed several times with MagicJack and my Desktop. I just couldn't get it to play with the thin client. If anyone is interested...$50.00 includes shipping stand...awesome deal!!
Alpman
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad you got it to play nice with the fax machine and I'm glad you decided to keep it as well. Good luck...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack related items For Sale / Wanted All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: