magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thin Clients / MagicJack / Future Upgrades?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bneuman
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:09 am    Post subject: Thin Clients / MagicJack / Future Upgrades? Reply with quote

What's your opinion(s) on thin clients and future upgrades from MJ? Currently I believe thin client users are running version 1.73.4153.2910 and (host file edit) while the newest upgrade is version 1.80.4411.3084. If you run the current version you run into "audio devices not found". I guess what I'm asking is do you think the TC will ever be able to run the newest software version MJ puts out? Are we stuck because of hardware limitations?

Right now I'm totally happy with the performance of (2) t5700 and (1) t5720 running an older version of the software. I just thought I'd throw out the questions because I know a few people are on the fence about buying thin clients...

bill
stroths

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: Thin Clients / MagicJack / Future Upgrades? Reply with quote

bneuman wrote:
What's your opinion(s) on thin clients and future upgrades from MJ? Currently I believe thin client users are running version 1.73.4153.2910 and (host file edit) while the newest upgrade is version 1.80.4411.3084. If you run the current version you run into "audio devices not found". I guess what I'm asking is do you think the TC will ever be able to run the newest software version MJ puts out? Are we stuck because of hardware limitations?

Right now I'm totally happy with the performance of (2) t5700 and (1) t5720 running an older version of the software. I just thought I'd throw out the questions because I know a few people are on the fence about buying thin clients...

bill

It's really hard to say. I don't think the hardware on the thin clients was the problem previously. I think it had something to do with one of the differences between Windows XP and Windows XPe. I am am running regular XP on my 5710 and it doesn't have any issues with the upgrade. MJ probably took a shortcut somewhere and the new code was looking for a component, driver, registry setting, etc that wasn't present on XPe, so it thought there was no sound device. If this is the case, it would simply be a matter of someone figuring out what the MJ was looking for and copy it over from regular XP.
mozerd
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: Thin Clients / MagicJack / Future Upgrades? Reply with quote

stroths wrote:
It's really hard to say. I don't think the hardware on the thin clients was the problem previously. I think it had something to do with one of the differences between Windows XP and Windows XPe. I am am running regular XP on my 5710 and it doesn't have any issues with the upgrade. MJ probably took a shortcut somewhere and the new code was looking for a component, driver, registry setting, etc that wasn't present on XPe, so it thought there was no sound device. If this is the case, it would simply be a matter of someone figuring out what the MJ was looking for and copy it over from regular XP.

To get the latest upgrade to work I suspect that the Altiris XPe Add-On (DirectX) needs to be installed. I currently do not have enough memory on my TC [5710 800Mhz 256/256] to confirm my suspicion [requires 512/512] -- I've asked HolmanGT to try this out but so far he has not had the time to do so.
bneuman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: Thin Clients / MagicJack / Future Upgrades? Reply with quote

mozerd wrote:
To get the latest upgrade to work I suspect that the Altiris XPe Add-On (DirectX) needs to be installed. I currently do not have enough memory on my TC [5710 800Mhz 256/256] to confirm my suspicion [requires 512/512] -- I've asked HolmanGT to try this out but so far he has not had the time to do so.

I will try this after work today on a t5700 1gb/512 and post my results....

Exclamation oops just noticed this is for a t5710.....can't seem to find DirectX for a t5700.

thanks

bill
jwryahoo
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

In reference to the above posts.... I'm running the TC t5710 512/256. The newest upgrade has installed --- I don't worry abut the "audio device not found" concern because I use a regular phone attached to the mj.

However, the problem I am having is that the TC only runs for about 1 week and then needs to be rebooted. Apparently there is a memory leak that ends us disabling the MJ.

Presently, I have only the bare essential software running on this machine. Much of the not needed software has been deleted --- in accordance with another post that explains how to set up the TC and remove un wanted software.

Does anyone have any suggestions/help regarding the memory leak and the need to continually reboot?

This need to reboot is becoming a pain.

Blessings

jwr
Poo619
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remembering to reboot I can see becomes a pain. I don't have a "fix" for you but simply a suggestion to band aide it. Look into setting up a scheduled task to reboot your PC every couple days. I'm sure you can find the proper info on how to do so with a simple Google search. I had my pc's set up to shut down at a certain time daily in scheduled tasks and it worked beautifully.
jwryahoo
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Poo619,

Thank you for your suggestion. I'll look into that.

Blessings

jwr
bneuman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jwryahoo wrote:
The newest upgrade has installed --- I don't worry abut the "audio device not found" concern because I use a regular phone attached to the mj.

I don't use the softphone either... so your using the latest update on your t5710 with no problems? If I remember correctly when my MJ updated and got the "no audio devices found" error my MJ didn't have a dialtone. Question I may be wrong...

bill
mozerd
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Thin Clients / MagicJack / Future Upgrades? Reply with quote

bneuman wrote:
oops just noticed this is for a t5710.....can't seem to find DirectX for a t5700.
Unfortunately the T5700 -- Altiris does not provide the DirectX Add-on. Perhaps the hardware on the T5700 is very different than the newer models.
Nytefire
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Thin Clients / MagicJack / Future Upgrades? Reply with quote

bneuman wrote:
mozerd wrote:

I will try this after work today on a t5700 1gb/512 and post my results....

Exclamation oops just noticed this is for a t5710.....can't seem to find DirectX for a t5700.

I just tried this on my T5710 and ... IT WORKS!

You'll need a near empty 64MB ram drive & the DirectX install requires 512MB ram / 512MB flash to install.
mozerd
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Thin Clients / MagicJack / Future Upgrades? Reply with quote

Nytefire wrote:
mozerd wrote:

You'll need a near empty 64MB ram drive & the DirectX install requires 512MB ram / 512MB flash to install.
Thank you for confirming my suspicion -- very glad this solution works. Apparently the MJ engineers are being very creative in exploiting the DirectX API. From my perspective it means that MJ have very good tech people doing good stuff.
bneuman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Thin Clients / MagicJack / Future Upgrades? Reply with quote

Nytefire wrote:

Good news for t5710 owners, now lets work on the T5700's! I've read that its possible to install DirectX 9.0c on a t5700 512/512 but can't find the stripped down version... Sad

bill
laserjobs
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this help?
http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?admit=109447626+1213993322419+28353475&threadId=530174
bneuman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laserjobs,

Thanks, but no. The links are outdated (2004).

bill
stroths

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That makes sense. I thought it was something that was left out of XPe that's standard in regular XP.

Here's a direct link to the 9.0C Rev. B (28 Feb 2008) file ~17mb

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp36501-37000/sp36531.exe

EDIT: Apparently this is hardware specific, so it's for the t5710, t5720, t5730...no love for the t5700.

Last edited by stroths on Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:44 am; edited 1 time in total
bneuman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stroths wrote:
That makes sense. I thought it was something that was left out of XPe that's standard in regular XP.

Installed it
committed
rebooted
commented out "no upgrade edit" hosts file
ran magicfix
saved upgrade
ran upgrade
"no audio devices found"....crap!
commtted
rebooted
"no audio devices found"....no dialtone...non working MJ Sad
dims24
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the sp 36531 didnt work for me. I'm still getting the no audio popup and I'm stuck on head phones.

What I did was:
1.Load the update on to my flash drive.
2.Stuck it into the TC.
3.closed MJ.
4.Ran the 36531 file.
5.went to the Altirus folder in program files.
6.Went into the rip folder and started the install.(looked like it installed ok)
7.Right clicked the green lock and did a commit.
8.Restarted and still have the problem

Am I missing something? I have a 5710 and never did the old fix(old upgrade and edit...the host thingie)
Thanks, Mike
mozerd
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dims24 wrote:
Well the sp 36531 didnt work for me. Am I missing something? I have a 5710 and never did the old fix(old upgrade and edit...the host thingie)
Yes you are missing something a very important something -- The DirectX API is hardware specific and you have to install the API based on the exact model of hardware it was designed for, sp 36531 will not work on the T5710 nor will it work on the 5700. I do not believe that the 5700 is hardware capable insofar as the DirectX API is concerned -- because Altiris would have produced that install if that hardware was capable.

On the T5710 Yo must install the DirectX version that I posted in my original message earlier on. However, because you went ahead and installed the 36531 I have no idea how that may have messed things up on your TC -- what you may have to do is to re-flash and start from scratch.
mozerd
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dims24 wrote:
Well the sp 36531 didnt work for me. Am I missing something? I have a 5710 and never did the old fix(old upgrade and edit...the host thingie)
Yes you are missing something a very important something -- The DirectX API is hardware specific and you have to install the API based on the exact model of hardware it was designed for, sp 36531 will not work on the T5710 nor will it work on the 5700. I do not believe that the 5700 is hardware capable insofar as the DirectX API is concerned -- because Altiris would have produced that install if that hardware was capable.

On the T5710 You must install the DirectX version that I posted in my original message earlier on. However, because you went ahead and installed the 36531 I have no idea how that may have messed things up on your TC -- what you may have to do is to re-flash and start from scratch.
mozerd
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dims24 wrote:

On the T5710 You must install the DirectX version that I posted in my original message earlier on. However, because you went ahead and installed the 36531 I have no idea how that may have messed things up on your TC -- what you may have to do is to re-flash and start from scratch.
HolmanGT
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To all,

I have done the DirectX install and still have the problem. Is there some special procedure I need to follow? I am starting to think this is a personal thing between me and the thin client or me verses the thin client and MagicJack (two to one that's not fair).

HELP. I have to be doing something wrong but I am pretty sure I press the enter key the same as you guys. Crying or Very sad
lymon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bneuman wrote:
stroths wrote:

Installed it
committed
rebooted
commented out "no upgrade edit" hosts file
ran magicfix
saved upgrade
ran upgrade
"no audio devices found"....crap!
commtted
rebooted
"no audio devices found"....no dialtone...non working MJ Sad

The release notes for that that update say that it is only for t5710, 5720, 5730. Has someone actually installed this on a 5700?

I'm in the same boat and looking for a solution also.
mozerd
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HolmanGT wrote:
I have done the DirectX install and still have the problem. Is there some special procedure I need to follow? I am starting to think this is a personal thing between me and the thin client or me verses the thin client and MagicJack (two to one that's not fair). HELP. I have to be doing something wrong but I am pretty sure I press the enter key the same as you guys. Crying or Very sad
Are you installing on a 5710 and have you freed your RAM disk so that you have 64K available?

If want to install on a T5720 then the following is the correct DirectX download:

Altiris XPe Add-On (DirectX)
HolmanGT
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mozerd wrote:
HolmanGT wrote:
I have done the DirectX install and still have the problem. Is there some special procedure I need to follow? I am starting to think this is a personal thing between me and the thin client or me verses the thin client and MagicJack (two to one that's not fair). HELP. I have to be doing something wrong but I am pretty sure I press the enter key the same as you guys. Crying or Very sad
Are you installing on a 5710 and have you freed your RAM disk so that you have 64K available?

If want to install on a T5720 then the following is the correct DirectX download:

Altiris XPe Add-On (DirectX)

David,

I was so excited that there was a fix available (I know I should have listened to you days ago) but the thing is fighting me. I tried a 10 and a T20 and still get the message now audio devices. now as far as the Z drive I have been changing the environment variables to point to my thumb drive a scratch tablet, and have not received any error messages. I am now going to see if I can botch another T5710 512/512. The others were 1GB/1GB which I naturally thought would make it a snap - Wrong.

Oh and I tried both flavors of MJ the pre march 8th and the later models no joy either way. But I sure as hell have a lot of dead soldiers on the floor by my desk. Embarassed
jwryahoo
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

In light of this post -- I made an interesting discovery.

When I use my TC -- when the MJ upgrades I can make the first call no problem using a regular phone. When I hang up the MJ screen disappears and it begins its upgrade -- after that I get the "No audio" dialog box. When I am finally able to get rid of the dialog box what I find is that there is no longer a selection of telephone devices under "volume control" --- it only lists the softfone and will not recognize my regular phone which is still attached to the MJ.

When I plug the MJ into my desktop machine it runs and upgrades with no problems.

Do you have any suggestions as to a fix for this TC that will still make it run? One of the posts it describes installing the latest Direct X--- however I would need to upgrade my TC to 512/512.

I gues my question is --- before I spend more money on this phone system -- has anyone else tried this Direct X solution and it works for them also?

Thanks in advance.

Blessings

jwr
jwryahoo
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

When I use my TC -- when the MJ upgrades I can make the first call no problem using a regular phone. When I hang up the MJ screen disappears and it begins its upgrade -- after that I get the "No audio" dialog box. When I am finally able to get rid of the dialog box what I find is that there is no longer a selection of telephone devices under "volume control" --- it only lists the softfone and will not recognize my regular phone which is still attached to the MJ.

When I plug the MJ into my desktop machine it runs and upgrades with no problems.

Do you have any suggestions as to a fix for this TC that will still make it run? One of the posts it describes installing the latest Direct X--- however I would need to upgrade my TC to 512/512.

I gues my question is --- before I spend more money on this phone system -- has anyone else tried this Direct X solution and it works for them also?

Thanks in advance.

Blessings

jwr
HolmanGT
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jwryahoo wrote:
Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Blessings

jwr

Don't leap out and buy anything just yet, I know there are several people claiming this fixed their problem. I tried it and it did not work on sever different machines. I don't understand why it would do anything for a couple of folks and not the rest of us. I would sure hope this is not some kind of practical joke, not very funny.

Also I thought DirectX was mostly a video enhancement so I am not sure what it would have to do with a program not finding my Audio card and MagicFIX has always said that my DirectX was the correct version.

I am sure there are several people beating on this problem and hopefully someone will come up with an answer. But this DirectX thing does not seem to be it and by the way the Down Load for the T5710 and the T5720 are identical files. I am not sure about Davids claim that is hardware specific.
lymon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HolmanGT wrote:

...and by the way the Down Load for the T5710 and the T5720 are identical files. I am not sure about Davids claim that is hardware specific.

Yep, plus one on identical files. The release notes specify T5710, T5720, T5730 for the same update.
laserjobs
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you guys look at this post?
http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/r20436570-magicJack-Hewlett-Packard-T5710-Thin-Client

Quote:
Microsoft's Remote Desktop Client (RDC) has settings for how the client machine interacts with host machine I/O. The RDC I was using was configured (by default) to try and use the client's audio devices for host (T5710) audio I/O. I reconfigured the RDC to leave audio I/O on the host computer.

After I changed the RDC configuration and reconnected to the T5710, the T5710 behaved as though magicJack had not been installed. So, I reconnected the magicJack and went through the installation all over again. This time it functioned perfectly!
dims24
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So where are these settings? I don't see anything in control panel....
Can you please help us "slower" types out? Smile
Thanks, Mike
HolmanGT
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laserjob,

Thanks I am looking into that on right after I hit the send key on this. I sure hope that solves it. At the moment finding a solution is not looking real good. I got all excited about the DirectX thing so I am hold back the emotions until i test this one.

But I say this what the guy is saying sound like it could be a for real fix. I know I have run into the same problem when using two different IM packages.

I will let you know how this one works out laser.

Regards,
dims24
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok,
I found the Remote client settings.... but when I set it to "leave at remote computer"....I don't see a way to save the change. There is a connect button....
How do you save the settings?
Thanks, Mike

UPDATE! For other slow folks like me Smile

Just go to Start/All programs....and there you will see "Remote Desktop Connection"

Click on that and then select "options" then "local resources"

Open the drop down window and select "Leave at remote computer"

Now select the tab "General" and the save as....

Just click save as and it will write over the current rdp file.

Dont forget to "commit"

Now to go see if I'm fixed!
mozerd
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dims24 wrote:
I found the Remote client settings.... but when I set it to "leave at remote computer"....I don't see a way to save the change. There is a connect button....
How do you save the settings?
for those that would like to see the steps visually on a TC I made a video conversation that shows what you need to do insofar as the Remote Desktop Connection Audio settings is concerned. Make sure that your sound system is on to hear the commentary.

RDC Audio settings

Last edited by mozerd on Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:02 am; edited 2 times in total
bneuman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dims24 wrote:

Now to go see if I'm fixed!

Did it?
Nytefire
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HolmanGT wrote:
Don't leap out and buy anything just yet, I know there are several people claiming this fixed their problem. I tried it and it did not work on sever different machines. I don't understand why it would do anything for a couple of folks and not the rest of us. I would sure hope this is not some kind of practical joke, not very funny.

I'm not joking. I have an HPT5710 that I flashed myself (I didn't use any of the provided images from the other threads, I started with the "stock" download from HP) and then went through the entire set up process following yours and strathos (and others recomendations). The "latest" upgrade did not work until I put on the Dx9.0c patch as recommended here - after that it started working for both inbound and outbound calls. I can make as may calls as I want, run magic fix, etc, etc, etc and it keeps working.

My TC and MJ works just fine with the upgraded version... Dunno what you'd want to see as "proof" that this isn't a "joke"...
dims24
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope!
Remote Desktop didn't work for me....
I had to use the the downgrade tip.

Mike
Nytefire
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nytefire wrote:
My TC and MJ works just fine with the upgraded version... Dunno what you'd want to see as "proof" that this isn't a "joke"...

A screen shot of my TC desktop w/ MJ & the file version... HERE
bneuman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can confirm that installing DirectX 9.0C and the latest update on my t5700 made no difference. Still get "no audio device found"
Tried the Remote Desktop Connection audio settings too, same results... back to downgrade 1.73.4153.2910.

bill
Nytefire
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder what the differences between the 5700 and the 5710 could be...
HolmanGT
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone but Nytefire tried the DirectX thing and have it fix the Thin Client to work with the latest update?

I tried it and no Joy.

Also installing it seemed to break my JAVA install but that could be coincidental, all I really know for sure is the JAVA will not run the MagicFIX anymore.

I sure need to find a fix for this, down grade does fix it and locking out the upgrades keeps it from coming back but not staying updated is not my idea of a real good solution.
mozerd
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:54 am    Post subject: My TC and MJ works just fine with the upgraded version Reply with quote

Nytefire wrote:
I have an HPT5710 that I flashed myself (I didn't use any of the provided images from the other threads, I started with the "stock" download from HP) and then went through the entire set up process following yours and strathos (and others recomendations). The "latest" upgrade did not work until I put on the Dx9.0c patch as recommended here - after that it started working for both inbound and outbound calls. I can make as may calls as I want, run magic fix, etc, etc, etc and it keeps working.

My TC and MJ works just fine with the upgraded version

Nytefire, could you please detail what exactly you un-installed after you flashed and detail what you added plus any other configuration changes you made to get you to your current state? This may help us to determine 'the differences' and perhaps get at the correct solution. The HP Thin Clients are IMO very 'thin' so the smallest detail can have significant impacts all depending on how 'software[apps]/hardware[rom/ram/peripherals] are configured.

It may also be helpful to see screen shots of your Device Manager inventory with specific emphasis on Network Adapters, Sound video and game controller. Please do not disable majicJack for this exercise.
HolmanGT
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nytefire wrote:
Nytefire wrote:

A screen shot of my TC desktop w/ MJ & the file version... HERE

Nytefire,

I can get to that point also but can you select the telephone or or you locked in headset mode?
tarheelbuc
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see a lot of people using these HP units and having the same issue with the "no audio devices found"

It is not isolated to just these systems. I am running an older Dell Optiplex GX150 with nothing but XP SP2 and MJ running.

I have the same, exact issues. Downgrading works sometimes, and sometimes RD settings work.

I followed several different threads off of this issue and unless I missed something, there is no "end all" fix for this..is there?

Someone, somewhere has to know WTH is going on with that upgrade and I guess "older units"

It is a shame too. Not everyone wants to keep their main desktop running 24/7

Sure would be nice to see a little better support for the MJ. This COULD BE a very nice piece of hardware with some minimal tweaking IMHO.
bneuman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tarheelbuc wrote:
I see a lot of people using these HP units and having the same issue with the "no audio devices found"

It is not isolated to just these systems. I am running an older Dell Optiplex GX150 with nothing but XP SP2 and MJ running.

I have the same, exact issues. Downgrading works sometimes, and sometimes RD settings work.

I followed several different threads off of this issue and unless I missed something, there is no "end all" fix for this..is there?

Someone, somewhere has to know WTH is going on with that upgrade and I guess "older units"

It is a shame too. Not everyone wants to keep their main desktop running 24/7

Sure would be nice to see a little better support for the MJ. This COULD BE a very nice piece of hardware with some minimal tweaking IMHO.

Are you running DirectX on your Dell Optiplex? Installing DirectX on the thin clients resolved the "no audio devices found" error. I'm running 3 with the latest version of MJ, all working fine.

bill
PTravel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="bneuman"]
tarheelbuc wrote:
Are you running DirectX on your Dell Optiplex? Installing DirectX on the thin clients resolved the "no audio devices found" error. I'm running 3 with the latest version of MJ, all working fine.

bill
Didn't work for me. The only thing that got it going on my t5720 was downgrading the Magicjack firmware.
GuyOnTheAir

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have any idea why I can downgrade on my T5700 and it keeps coming back? Yes, I have made the hosts file edit, and no, there are you lingering upgrade files that I can find anywhere. Sad

Frustrating.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: