Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
This email address already has been claimed by another user.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trailblazer
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: This email address already has been claimed by another user.

I'm trying to add my email address to my account in my.magicjack.com, however I receive the message "This email address already has been claimed by another user." I want notifications of new voicemail messages to be sent to my main email address.

I associated the email address I want to use with a different magicJack device that I sent back to magicJack several months ago. MJ tech support said they can't help me and I will need to get a new email address.

I've even tried logging into my.magicjack.com with the old account infomation and deleted my email address, however, that does not help.

Any other suggestions?
testing123
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject:

Good luck with that.

One of the many people I convinced to get an MJ had that issue -- same inane response from Tech Support ... 5 different Tech Chat sessions. They were absolutely 0 help. The kicker is that the MJ registration system screwed up b/c the Email address is *NOT* in use by someone else; but it is convinced that it is ...

Once the Email address is in their database associated w/ an MJ, it would probably take an act of God to get it out of there.
Jibu
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject:

I had this same problem and wasted my time talking to MJ tech support. If the only thing you want to do is have the old email back in order to receive voicemail notifications (which is why I wanted it), you could have the email forwarded. Many email providers provide this, I know gmail does. I just created a separate magicjack email address on gmail, then put THAT email address into my.magicjack.com under my current account. And then, I had all email sent to this magicjack gmail address forwarded to the email address that I want. I tested it out and it works so far... anyway, hope this helps...
testing123
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject:

Jibu wrote:
I had this same problem and wasted my time talking to MJ tech support. If the only thing you want to do is have the old email back in order to receive voicemail notifications (which is why I wanted it), you could have the email forwarded. Many email providers provide this, I know gmail does. I just created a separate magicjack email address on gmail, then put THAT email address into my.magicjack.com under my current account. And then, I had all email sent to this magicjack gmail address forwarded to the email address that I want. I tested it out and it works so far... anyway, hope this helps...

Yes, this was the ONLY way I could help them resolve this issue via an Email redirection ... I don't know which free providers actually do this.

Just make sure you choose that initial Email address you use for MJ Registration very carefully!

MJ ought to stop pretending they are providing Tech Support and put the $$$ into Features/Area Codes etc. Technology they can do; Tech Support (so far) they can't ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: