Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
This is how MJ stands behind their product!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isleblue65
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:27 am    Post subject: This is how MJ stands behind their product!!

Shortly after the recent "Lucky You" upgrade, my Magic Jack dongle completely died. I have had it exactly 40 days when it died. I spent 4 hours chatting with 4 tech agents over the last 48 hours to verify it was dead and another hour tonight trying to get a replacement.

Tonight's chat was very enlightening as to how this business sets it's policies:

Steph: I'm afraid say this Craig but due to the fact that you did not purchase that product to us we cannot release you a replacement. Please contact Ebay regarding that
Steph: They have there own rules and policies regarding replacement
Craig: The ebay seller is factory authorized and the unit carries full warranty. He says warranty claims should be made through the manufacturer of Magic Jack
Steph: Craig, did you placed your order online or through phone?
Craig: online, and I have my wife's payment print out with seller information available.
Steph: May I have the email address that you used to order?
Craig: Yes, let me get it.
Steph: Sure
Craig: I found the name and e-mail of the ebay seller: [email protected] Txxx Mxxx
Craig: His address: xxxx xxxx garden grove, CA 92846 United States
Steph: Craig, how long have you been using the magicjack?
Craig: I received it November 14, 2008 and started using it the same day.
Steph: I see
Steph: Craig, it is stated on our Terms of Service that there is no warranty for the magicjack. we only process refunds and replacement if and only if you are still on the 30 day trial,
Craig: So I will have to purchase a new Magic Jack after mine stopped working 40 days after first using it?
Craig: That seems a little inflexible and unreasonable??
Steph: Craig, I'm very sorry but that will be our last option.... this time, I suggest to please order online by going to this site: www.magicjack.com
Steph: Thank you for chatting, Craig, Goodbye

Just amazing that this company treats its customers this way. Looks like I'm going to order a Skype phone or something. What a complete letdown by Magicjack, and I still have nearly 11 months of service remaining.

Craig
schaw
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:31 am    Post subject: LOL

You dont want me to post my 5 hour chat its even better...lol
az2008
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: This is how MJ stands behind their product!!

isleblue65 wrote:
Steph: Craig, it is stated on our Terms of Service that there is no warranty for the magicjack. we only process refunds and replacement if and only if you are still on the 30 day trial,

That's true. But, it's inconsistent. Best Buy advertises MJ having a 1-year parts and labor warranty. And, some MJ users have successfully received replacements, even after using it for 7 months (unlike your one or two months). See:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r21588658-MagicJack-replacement-not-received

Mark
emiliomcol
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:43 pm    Post subject:

i think you should try contact your seller because the tech chat people they are some king of lost...
docooo
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject:

ALWAYS have a back up --

I have Skype out and a WiFi phone - so when MJ takes a dump
I just use my Skype .. the wifi phones were on sale for abt 100
bucks and I can bring it with me on my travels and log into
any wifi and make calls - WITH OUT a computer ..

Sorry to hear how MJ Support is -- I would get in touch with
the seller and have him send in for a new one and replace yours
and hope you payed with Paypal ..

Doc
isleblue65
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject:

Thanks guys. I have contacted the seller but have not heard back yet. Somehow I doubt I will get anywhere because he said in an e-mail reply to my question about warranty before the auction ended that I would send it back to Magic Jack directly if I needed a warranty replacement.

I did pay with Paypal!

I have Skype, but not a phone. Maybe time to get one!
tloe
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject:

I'm sorry to hear about your problem, but it's not the seller's fault your dongle died. Paypal will not do anything since the item was delivered successfully. I'm not being an apologist, but that really isn't the correct route to go.
isleblue65
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:16 am    Post subject:

tloe wrote:
I'm sorry to hear about your problem, but it's not the seller's fault your dongle died. Paypal will not do anything since the item was delivered successfully. I'm not being an apologist, but that really isn't the correct route to go.

I agree that it is not the seller's fault. I asked Magic Jack to take care of me by replacing the dongle and they wouldn't. I even e-mailed Dan Borislow directly, but have not heard back. This is the worst customer service I've ever experienced, and absolutely zero product backing by MagicJack.

I sent the ebay seller a nice e-mail asking him if he had the ability to send defective units back, and told him I would greatly appreciate it if he had that ability, to take mine back & replace it. No pressure, no threats, just a request because I see this as my last option. If he can't, then all of my hard feelings are toward MJ.

The end.

Craig
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: