magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This morning, ALL outbound long distance calls are "bus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
City Builder
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:09 pm    Post subject: This morning, ALL outbound long distance calls are "bus Reply with quote

Good Morning,

This morning we've been trying to telephone our L.A. office but all we get is busy signals.

I've tried a huge amount of telephone numbers of friends, family and colleagues, and all of them are "busy", which I know is not right, but rather a problem wit the Magic Jack telephone service.

If I try to call my home locally, and don't use the area code, I get the message from MJ saying, please dial 1 followed by the area code and then the numbe (even though it's a local call from the area code and prefix for the number that MJ assigned to me), and so if I dial up the , so I then dial the 1 plus the area code and then the local home telephone number and Im greeted by a busy signal.

This has been going on for several hours at this point and I went to the MJ official website to talk to a live customer service but nobody ever comes nto the chat. Is MJ even still in business.

How often is this going to happen? I don't make a lot of calls but when I need to make some calls, I actually need to make some calls.

Thanks,

P.S It doesn't matter if I dial the calls through a handset here or through the softphone, if I dial 1 plus areacode plus numbe, it's a constant busy signal this morning.
City Builder
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And trying now, the result has changed. Now when I dial an outbound number, I get the initial dialtone, then dial the number on the handset, then wait for about 30 seconds to 1 minute and no busy signal is heard, instead it drops me back to a dialtone again.

However if I call to a tollfree 800 telephone number then it goes through okay.

Somethings screwy with Magic Jack service this morning and Im not pleased.
saxman
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't make any calls out today either-I just sent an email to three of the top tech support people and I'll let you know what I find out. It's 9:30 am-pst-CB-I'm in Wa. state so it could be a West Coast problem. I'm trying to make local calls and I get a dial tone but it's not dialing-They should email me soon I hope.Sure glad I have a cell for backup-
saxman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's working again here in Washington
City Builder
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still out here in Southern California (Palm Springs, Desert area). I've read through that change the hosts file and if it continues into the Noon hour, then I'll try that, but that's too much work to do only to find out that the service comes back 10 minutes later.

Hopefully they will have us back up and running again soon.. If it's true that we can still receive during these outbound disruptions, then Im only half worried, I left my cell phone at the theater the other night, so I can't test it right now, but I'll have it for the next time.

Thanks,
saxman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I just called my daughter in San Diego so it's working down there going in. If your not up and running in a while let me know and I'll give you some people to email for help.
City Builder
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it just came back up about 2 minutes ago here too.

Faxes are now on their way out, better late than never.
saxman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great-just another MJ glitch
dougweiser
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Working with an MJ engineer on a different problem and mentioned that I couldnt' make a call this morning. He said "we had some call routing problems that should all be resolved now."

So - there was definitely a problem. It just depends on who you talk to whether they a) know it, and b) are willing to admit it.

Doug
saxman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea-there was definetly an outage. It was down for an hour or so at least.
enandpogs
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saxman wrote:
great-just another MJ glitch

all my outgoing calls drops for three days now, no error message. i tried several troubleshooting with the help of operator in online support but still doesnt work... anyone with same experience?? Rolling Eyes
az2008
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

enandpogs wrote:
all my outgoing calls drops for three days now, no error message.

You can determine if it's something wrong with the proxy you're using. You can find the proxy you're using, and change to a different one. It's a little convoluted. You have to find the hostname of the proxy you use, then add an entry in your hosts file to have that hostname resolve to the ip address of a different proxy. For example, map Los Angeles to Las Vegas.

It's described here:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r20951179-How-to-find-and-change-which-proxy-you-are-using

Mark
saxman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ-check your pm's I just sent you one-before making any changes -try this-
enandpogs
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

still my calls cuts off.. anyone with the same problem? im using area code 611
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: