Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
This web site is getting really slow!!!!!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagicJacked
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject: This web site is getting really slow!!!!!!!

I guess forum2u.org needs some upgrades.
testing123
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: This web site is getting really slow!!!!!!!

MagicJacked wrote:
I guess forum2u.org needs some upgrades.

There are > 9000 members (and growing every day)
+ no one has had to pay a penny for membership on information that MJ should have provided (but couldn't or wouldn't) ...
= it is bound to happen eventually.

So, I won't complain b/c it has been an invaluable source of the right information at the right time.

I am sure folks who are concerned about the performance can talk to the mods and see if they will let someone host a mirror or a new & improved site using different software or different hosts.

(Might not even be that complicated, maybe forum2u might just need to do DB maintenance ...)
HendersonMike
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:20 pm    Post subject:

kumar
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject:

Agreed. Ads would produce enough money to host this forum easily on our own hosts.... makeforum is prolly cashing out in ads anyway. I also agree with testing123, because this should be done by MJ (and MJ did have forums, but they shut it down). So not really anything we can do about it unless the admin agrees to move it, and i don think they want to. I talked to people in multiple chats, and on forums. I also talked to the makeforum people and asked what kinda servers they used. The people in all the chats and forums said nice shared hosting would be sufficient and a VPS would be to much. But, the makeforum people said that they use "high quality" servers. The did not share any specs, or details on the server. I do not get why the forums 404 on people when there are about 12 people on, on average. Some large forum (this is nothing in size) could be on the same server eating up resources. I love theses forums and all, but we all gotta send emails and annoy makeforum to give us some more resources or move us on a non-shit server or the Admin needs to step up and move this into a different host. All the current posts and users are transferable with some $$.

Peace
Kumar
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
HendersonMike

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject:

It took 5 times hitting the reply button to make this reply.. SHEESH!! Can only guess how many tries it's gonna take to post it and that is the only reason I took a step and made another forum at proboards. It even has it's own chatroom. http://unofficialmagicjack2.proboards104.com/index.cgi

Nothing at all to do with the operators of this forum, it's not their fault.

*** So far it has taken 6 hits on the submit button and you can see, I'm still stuck.....

**** Taken 8 more tries and still here.... sigh .......
AlaninKY

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject:

HendersonMike thanks for

http://unofficialmagicjack2.proboards104.com/index.cgi
Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HendersonMike

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject:

AlaninKY wrote:
HendersonMike thanks for

http://unofficialmagicjack2.proboards104.com/index.cgi
Very Happy

You are welcomed, alan... if it takes 2 boards to keep the MJ info highway going - so be it.
laserjobs
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Please post support issues at http://support.makeforum.org/ or send an email at http://makeforum.org/contact.php

If enough people report their problems with the forum, maybe we can get it fixed soon.

Last edited by laserjobs on Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
HendersonMike

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:17 pm    Post subject:

laserjobs wrote:
Please post support issues at http://support.makeforum.org/

If enough people report their problems with the forum, maybe we can get it fixed soon.

I tried to do as you suggested, but ya gotta join and I don't think I want join up on another forum2u at this time. Would have been nice if my login here was universal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: