magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

THOUGHTS ON A CLASS ACTION SUIT?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acatastrophe
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:41 pm    Post subject: THOUGHTS ON A CLASS ACTION SUIT? Reply with quote

I personally consider this a bought virus. How can a company be allowed to sell something that has no uninstall? There is no telephone number on the website. Live chat didn't chat!!!! Does anybody have a thought on bringing a lawsuit?
hsweiss
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many of us think that we get great return on investment from MJ for the $1.66/month we are paying for the service. Also, it doesn't run if you don't insert the dongle in a USB port (unless you've set it up to run w/o the dongle). And finally, if you want to remove all vestiges, just remove the mjusbsp folder and search this forum for the particular registry entries to delete. Certainly its not as convenient as an uninstall script but its not a class-action suite offense.
acatastrophe
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is a dongle?
hsweiss
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The magicJack USB "thing"
acatastrophe
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Dongle "thing" & phone number request Reply with quote

Of course I have the dongle plugged in. It still sucks big time. I still want to know why this company is allowed to sell a program without an uninstall capability. Does anyone out there have a telephone number for these crooks? If you don't have anything to hide, why not give a telephone number. I don't think that's asking much.
mberlant
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You get what you pay for. And we choose to enjoy this rock bottom priced service, complete with all of its warts. You are well within your rights to return it within your first 30 days and get your money back.

I wouldn't expect you to be able put together a viable Class with members of this forum, though. Regular members here are intelligent enough to see the pony nestled in this pile of manure, and gladly put up with the smell for the pleasure of being able to ride him all we want for 5 1/2 cents per day.
az2008
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Dongle "thing" & phone number request Reply with quote

acatastrophe wrote:
I still want to know why this company is allowed to sell a program without an uninstall capability.

"Allowed?" Because dummies buy it without performing due diligence first? Lured by the sweet smell of $1.67 per-month phone service? Like a moth to a flame?

There's no law requiring anyone to provide an uninstall routine.

See the wiki FAQ for instructions on how to uninstall, and contact information if you have so much free time on your hands that you want to yell at someone at MJ.

Walk it off. Chalk it up as a learning experience.

Mark
mberlant
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Dongle "thing" & phone number request Reply with quote

az2008 wrote:
Because dummies buy it without performing due diligence first?
And because these same dummies then join a support forum and begin spewing complaints before investigating the contents of the forum.
hsweiss
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: Dongle "thing" & phone number request Reply with quote

acatastrophe wrote:
Of course I have the dongle plugged in. It still sucks big time. I still want to know why this company is allowed to sell a program without an uninstall capability. Does anyone out there have a telephone number for these crooks? If you don't have anything to hide, why not give a telephone number. I don't think that's asking much.

Like I said, unplug the dongle, remove msusbsp, clean the registry (see other posts or the Wiki) and its gone. No more MJ. You can even write a .bat file to do all of this and provide it to the community as the "uninstall" that MJ didn't give us that you're complaining about ! Smile Most of us just want to have a decent voice conversation for our pocket-emptying $1.67/month..... Laughing
Anne
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my view, the only way to exercise due diligence is to buy it and try it. I'm not a computer tech, but in my case it has worked as advertised; so I can only believe it isn't the mj unit, it's something about the computer.

I appreciate the information on this forum and check it every day.

Anne
acatastrophe
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate all your suggestions. I'm glad this device works for most of you. I'm hoping that when I do uninstall the program my original telephone system is again workable. I've learned a lesson I didn't know I needed and that is to fully investigate before buying. Thanks.
tony
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

acatastrophe wrote:
I'm hoping that when I do uninstall the program my original telephone system is again workable.

Greetings, ok now we're getting to some meat that forum members can address "I'm hoping that...my original telephone system is again workable".

Can you describe what is your "original telephone system" and what happened when you tried a MJ? Were you on VOIP before or are you talking about a plain old landline? Did you connect the MJ to your house phone system? What did you try and what were the results?
acatastrophe
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy I wish I was a geek!!!!!!!

I had a Charter Bundle. When I plugged the MJ into my computer and plugged my land line into the MJ, I lost all other service.
tony
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

acatastrophe wrote:
I had a Charter Bundle. When I plugged the MJ into my computer and plugged my land line into the MJ, I lost all other service.

I'm not familiar with a Charter bundle. Google brings me to http://www.charter.com/Visitors/landing.aspx and the description of the phone service in the bundle is

Charter Telephone�
The simple way to save on home phone service. Charter Telephone works like you�re used to, with the same phones and phone jacks.

Charter Telephone Unlimited Long Distance Package

* Unlimited local and long distance in the U.S. (excluding Alaska and Hawaii), Canada, and Puerto Rico

Try just plugging a regular phone (corded or cordless) into the MJ jack, keep it separate from your home phone system. See if that works. I don't think you can have your phone wiring plugged into two different phone services (Charter and MJ) at the same time.

If you want a second line (MJ) then get a cordless phone and put the handset(s) around the house. Plug the cordless phone into the MJ and don't connect the two phone systems (Charter and MJ) together.
acatastrophe
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The landline is plugged directly into the MJ and plugged into the computer, which is a laptop and nowhere else. The other phones simply stopped working at that time. They have no dial tone and say "no line."
acatastrophe
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In response to your earlier question, my telephone was through a cable system.
hsweiss
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok - let me try to understand this. You plugged the Charter Cable "land-line" into the MJ?? What's wrong with this picture??

First of all, the only thing you should have plugged into the MJ is a telephone - not a land-line (regardless of the fact that your so-called land-line is actually a line to a cable-provided VOIP service).

You have either: 1) blown out your MJ, or 2) blown out your Charter VOIP "thing", or 3) have blow them both.

Where did you come up with the idea of doing this? MJ is pretty simple: plug the USB dongle into the computer and let it do its thing (download and install). Then you plug a phone into the USB dongle. You pick up the phone and make phone calls. You do not connect it to a phone system of any sort.

If you had wanted to connect MJ to your house wiring you could have done that - but FIRST disconnected the house wiring from an active phone system such as your Charter Cable connection, a Verizon land-line, etc.

You're screaming about suing MJ when it seems like you've done yourself in by either not reading directions, not reading this forum, or simply doing dumb things.
msiam
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acatastrophe, You may want to read a little instrucion on connecting to your existing inside wiring go here
acatastrophe
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I followed the instructions as I understood them. I plugged in the dongle and installed per instructions. I plugged in a telephone that wasn't a landline, and it didn't work, so I plugged in the only other telephone I had. I didn't know I needed more computer knowledge than I have. I have been called dumb many times on this forum. I'm not dumb per se, just computer dumb and I didn't know it was going to be difficult. Thank you for your help anyway.
acatastrophe
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you msiam. That's kind of you. I'll look into it.
msiam
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are very welcome and Good Luck..
tony
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

acatastrophe wrote:
I plugged in a telephone that wasn't a landline

There may be a difference in how people use terms here. A "landline" is a service not a phone. For phones you can have:

- a corded phone which has a thin telephone cord that you plug into a phone jack on the wall.
- cordless phone has a base which plugs into AC power and has a thin cord with a plug at the end that you plug into the phone jack on the wall.

Landline is a telephone service provided by copper wires running to your house.

Can I ask, when you said you "plugged in a landline" to the MJ, did you mean you plugged in a phone that normally is plugged into the wall? That is, you used a corded phone and plugged that into your MJ? Was the MJ setup completely separate from your Charter phone system at all times?

If you were always plugging phones (corded or cordless) into your MJ, then there should be no way to cross-connect your MJ with your Charter system.
mberlant
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hsweiss wrote:
(regardless of the fact that your so-called land-line is actually a line to a cable-provided VOIP service)
Sorry, but there is a big difference between VoIP and a cable TV company's Digital Telephone service offering, and the pricing and performance show it.

Digital telephone is real CLEC telephone service that happens to ride on the cable company's fiber distribution system instead of the telephone company's. In each neighborhood the fiber is terminated in an active J-box. The TV fiber pair goes into an interface shelf and is converted into coax copper service for delivery to the neighborhood's homes. Likewise, the telephone fiber pair goes into an interface shelf and is converted into copper pairs for delivery to the neighborhood's homes.

One of the biggest advantages of this scheme over VoIP is that you see the same pair of copper coming into your home, complete with the cable company taking responsibility for maintaining power during an emergency. This is also why Digital Telephone is priced slightly lower than phone company pricing and is not priced low enough to be near VoIP pricing.
acatastrophe
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm almost afraid to speak, sounding dumber and dumber. Now that I have become more educated, thanks to you, it wasn't a landline, it was a corded phone. When I plugged it into the MJ, I lost service on my other phones. Can anyone explain that?
mberlant
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That information is both a relief and a letdown. It is a letdown because stupid problems are generally easier to correct than real ones. It is a relief because it means you are more sensible than your words conveyed.

So, onward... What kind of phone instrument are you using for this test? Who made it? What model is it? Does it have a real FCC Registration number (unlike MJ's misleading use of the FCC logo because the device promises not to spew harmonics into the air)? What is the phone's REN?
acatastrophe
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the risk of sounding . . . oh you know what I risk. Can you clarify REN? To give you a hint of myself, I'm a 60-something, retired woman living in the mountains. At the hint of any computer problem, I'm the first to run hysterically to my IT person, who usually (but not always) has the problem solved in a short time. Since retiring, I don't have the luxury of an IT person. I'm one of those people to be thrilled to use the computer in its most basic form. When I ordered this gem, I believed the commercial when it said it was easy "just plug it in" and voila.

Here's the breakdown:
When I received the package, I plugged the device into the USB port of my computer. I did my best to install per the instructions on the website. I plugged in my cordless phone to the "dongle" and it did nothing. I then plugged in my CORDED phone and went so far as to actually receive my telephone number. That's the best I've been able to do. I haven't been able to activate voicemail. The corded phone is connected to nothing but the device. My three other phones are dead as doorknobs.
mberlant
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the risk of making you sound more intelligent than the folks on the chat service, they don't know what REN is, either, and it is their business to know.

REN is Ringer Equivalence Number. All phones at rest put stress on the phone line listening for the phone to ring. From the 1930s to the 1970s, when "Ma Bell" was making the standards for the US, all phones used the same (electrically) electromechanical ringer. When you got phone service you were permitted to rent as many as 5 or 6 phones to spread around your house without having to pay extra for a beefier line. When the phone market was liberalized in 1974, Bell Laboratories quantified the amount of stress induced on a line by a telephone and declared that standard Bell phones had a stress value of 1.0, hence REN 1.0.

As electronic phones began to be developed, engineers figured out how to detect the ringing line while inducing less stress on it. Because of this, it became possible to have RENs less than 1.0. When you look at the bottom of any post-1974 phone you will see its REN value on the label. Phone company lines still can drive about 5 RENs without help, but other devices are not so strong.

While MJ will not commit to how many RENs its dongle can drive, someone here figured out that it is about 1.0. That means, in principle, you can connect as many phones as you wish to your MJ as long as they total up to less than 1.0 REN. I personally believe that, at least when powered by a USB hub, the TigerJet chip inside the MJ dongle can drive more than that.

Now for another question. Does your softphone say "Ready to Call"? If it does not, then you are not ready to troubleshoot the interface to the real telephone. Please let us know.
hsweiss
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

acatastrophe wrote:
At the risk of sounding . . . oh you know what I risk. Can you clarify REN? To give you a hint of myself, I'm a 60-something, retired woman living in the mountains. At the hint of any computer problem, I'm the first to run hysterically to my IT person, who usually (but not always) has the problem solved in a short time. Since retiring, I don't have the luxury of an IT person. I'm one of those people to be thrilled to use the computer in its most basic form. When I ordered this gem, I believed the commercial when it said it was easy "just plug it in" and voila.

Here's the breakdown:
When I received the package, I plugged the device into the USB port of my computer. I did my best to install per the instructions on the website. I plugged in my cordless phone to the "dongle" and it did nothing. I then plugged in my CORDED phone and went so far as to actually receive my telephone number. That's the best I've been able to do. I haven't been able to activate voicemail. The corded phone is connected to nothing but the device. My three other phones are dead as doorknobs.

I apologize for the tone in my previous rant. But it sure sounded like you plugged your Charter Cable phone system into the MJ dongle and blew them both out. Language and understanding are extremely important tools and we both messed up because you didn't mean what you said and I wrongly interpreted what you said.

Its truly a mystery to me why connecting one corded phone to MJ would kill your other phones. Unless you've done something else, I'd suggest you call Charter's customer service to have them take a look at them. Disconnecting a phone from a wall jack should have no effect on any other phones unless there is a short in the wall jack.

With MJ - you should not even have to have a phone plugged in - the soft phone on your computer screen should say 'ready to call' and with no phone connected, the soft phone should use the speakers for sound. You should be able to simple type in a phone number and hit the SEND button and hear the call being made and answered (obviously you won't be able to be heard unless you have a microphone connected). Personally, I like to use various Home Depot stores for test calls (just go to www.homedepot.com and obtain a store directory for any area you'd like to test). They always have an auto-attendant answer the call and you get to punch 1 or 2 or whatever to get various services like store hours, directions, etc.

If this doesn't work, its not your phone its either your MJ or you computer or both.
acatastrophe
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm starting to love you all. The corded phone is REN 1.0A and is FCC compliant. I sure didn't know about not having to plug in a real telephone. I'm going to check this possibility out. I know I have a mic, but have to "find" it and enable it.

I'm sure I'll be back.
tony
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Acatastrophe,
I'm not at all familiar with the Charter's services, can you confirm you have high speed Internet? Can you go to this site http://myvoipspeed.visualware.com/ and click on where it says "Start test" near the top of the graph. Can you report back on your test results on "jitter" "packet loss" and your "MOS" score. Let's ascertain your connection will handle the MJ.

For simplicity, can you deal with your MJ setup separately from your Charter phone service? In other words, put the corded phone back where it came from and get an inexpensive corded phone to plug into the MJ?
acatastrophe
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jitter: 1.2 ms, packet loss: 0, MOS 4.1. This was for Los Angeles, CA. I live in the mountains at an altitude of 4600 feet.
az2008
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

acatastrophe wrote:
Jitter: 1.2 ms, packet loss: 0, MOS 4.1. This was for Los Angeles, CA. I live in the mountains at an altitude of 4600 feet.

You should look for the link "detailed analysis" and post it here. It is a semi-permanent link.

Those summary values aren't very useful. It's the graphs in the detailed analysis that give a better picture. Ex: max delay could be high, but if it was just one spike among an average that was very low, it's not that bad. You can only see the average by looking at the graphs.

Mark
hsweiss
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, the MOS value is supposed to be an overall evaluation of how suited the broadband link is to supporting VOIP. If I recall, a value of 4 or above is quite good based on the stats collected which are then displayed by the graphs.
az2008
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hsweiss wrote:
Actually, the MOS value is supposed to be an overall evaluation of how suited the broadband link is to supporting VOIP. If I recall, a value of 4 or above is quite good based on the stats collected which are then displayed by the graphs.

I've seen high MOS scores with poor details. That's why I always recommend that the person asking for help interpreting the results post the link to the "detailed analysis."

Look at it this way: If they're going to go to the trouble of copying and pasting the summary, why not copy and paste the link? It contains the summary and the details (which shows a lot more than you get from "max" or "average" numbers).

Mark
tony
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

acatastrophe wrote:

Good, that establishes that your MJ should work. We can deal with call quality later, but you have the Internet capacity to handle the MJ.

Next step, can you tell us about your computer, what version of Windows (XP or Vista) you have, how old it is, processor speed etc. In your Windows desktop, if you right click on "My Computer" and click Properties, you should see a summary of your computer's specifications.

-Tony
acatastrophe
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windows XP
Media Center Version
Service Pak 3
Dell Inspiron 9400
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU
T5600 @ 1.893 GHz
1.83 GHz 2.00 GB of RAM
acatastrophe
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: VisualWare test. I was unable to obtain the detailed analysis without a username and password.
az2008
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

acatastrophe wrote:
Re: VisualWare test. I was unable to obtain the detailed analysis without a username and password.

I think the wrong URLs are being passed around. Per the wiki's how-to for diagnosing choppy voice, you should use: http://myspeed.visualware.com/voip/index.html

After the test completes, you will see a link for detailed analysis. For example, I just ran the test and it gave me this link: http://mvsord.visualware.com/myspeed/db/report?id=1019468

I did not have to register, or open ports on my router (which "testmyvoip" requires). It's very simple, with lots of good, detailed information.

Mark
tony
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

acatastrophe wrote:
Windows XP
Media Center Version
Service Pak 3
Dell Inspiron 9400
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU
T5600 @ 1.893 GHz
1.83 GHz 2.00 GB of RAM

OK, good. There's plenty of horsepower to run MJ.

Can you try starting from scratch and plug in your MJ dongle.
- Shut down your computer
- Restart it and wait for Windows to fully load
- As as check that you have an Internet connection, start up your web browser and check any website.
- Plug in your MJ dongle and describe what you see. The normal process should be something like this:

- Cursor turns to an hourglass, sign of something happening
- eventually you'll see an image that looks like your MJ dongle with the message something like "One minute of patience for a lifetime of savings" then "Tell your friends MagicJack". After which you should see the MJ phone dialer screen with some advertising on the left.

Can you tell us if you get to that point?
acatastrophe
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MySpeed Detail for Test #1019476
Summary
This report refers to a connection test carried out by IP address [hidden] on Feb 19, 2009 1:52:02 PM using the applet.

Download speed 714 Kbps (socket test)
Upload speed 487 Kbps (socket test)
Quality of service 0 %
Maximum delay 686 ms
Round trip time 71 ms
Upstream jitter 1.8 ms
Upstream packet loss 0 %
Upstream packet order 100 %
Upstream discards 0 %
Downstream jitter 3.8 ms
Downstream packet loss 0 %
Downstream packet order 100 %
Downstream discards 0 %

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bandwidth Test
The graphs below illustrate various properties of your Internet connection obtained during the test process. They show the throughput, data and service quality of your connection.

Download speed graph: This graph illustrates how your download speed fluctuates over time. You may notice that the maximum download speed shown on the graph is more than the connection speed rated by your ISP. This is usually due to how your connection is regulated. For example, an ISP may supply a 10 Mbit connection by allowing 100 Mbit for 10ms, and pause for 90ms.
The higher the download speed, the better, but a quality connection will also demonstrate very little fluctuation in download speeds. If the graph below shows a rapidly changing speed then this indicates that the data is impacted and the quality of service degraded. Whilst this does not necessarily affect applications such as email it will definitely affect multimedia applications such as video or voice.

TCP pause graph: Data is sent across the Internet in "blocks". Usually a connection will send a block of data and pause before sending the next. (This pause is known as the TCP pause.) The graph illustrates the TCP pause between receiving subsequent blocks of data. If the pauses become excessive it means that the connection throughput is being degraded.
A good connection will have both a low TCP pause (less than 20 ms), and also demonstrate very little fluctuation in the TCP pause values. This in essence defines a quality of data as it defines how much of the test time was spent actually transmitting data versus being idle waiting for data to arrive.
The - - - - - line shows the maximum TCP pause recorded. If you see many TCP pauses exceeding 80-100ms then it is likely that the connection test is spending more time waiting for data than moving data. If the TCP pause pattern looks very symmetrical and regular then it may indicate that there is a throttling process managing/restricting the data flow. If the TCP pause pattern is more erratic and variable then it would indicate network delays as a result of congestion or other network problems.

You can download the raw data used to produce these graphs.
Download data in Text Excel format

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VoIP Quality Test
The graph below shows the variance of UDP jitter over time. For voice-over-IP application, this variance must be kept to a minimum otherwise call quality will be degraded.
Packet loss is shown in red. High packet loss (for example more than 5% sustained over a short period) will result in broken sound during calls.

Upstream results (client-to-server)

Download this data in Text Excel format

Downstream results (server-to-client)

Download this data in Text Excel format

Route Test
The route test identifies the connection quality by measuring the packet loss and latency for each hop end-to-end. This data is only provided by MySpeed Server Remote Testing Agent (NOC Edition) or Remote Support Agent (Support Edition).

Environment Test
The environment test provides information on the computer that ran this test, including information on its network environment. This data is only provided by MySpeed Server Remote Support Agent (Support Edition).

Client Headers
Your security settings prevent you from viewing the client headers

MySpeed Server Copyright � 2004-2007 Visualware, Inc. | MySpeed Homepage
acatastrophe
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leaving the house and will return in approx. 3 hrs.
az2008
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

acatastrophe wrote:
MySpeed Detail for Test #1019476

Why didn't you post the link? That's the only way to see the graphs, which is the important information contained in the detailed analysis. The graphs show how volatile the average or high numbers may be.

Mark
ruh8n2
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: THOUGHTS ON A CLASS ACTION SUIT? Reply with quote

acatastrophe wrote:
I personally consider this a bought virus. How can a company be allowed to sell something that has no uninstall? There is no telephone number on the website. Live chat didn't chat!!!! Does anybody have a thought on bringing a lawsuit?

I can named another product that would be in the same boat.

Google Chrome. Not only that but the updater for this program sends globalware information back to the google servers and then they sell it away.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: