Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Thread Removed By Author. Moderator Please Delete.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack related items For Sale / Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:12 pm    Post subject: Thread Removed By Author. Moderator Please Delete.

Moderator please remove this thread as it is no longer valid.

Last edited by redpepper on Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
slceso
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:02 am    Post subject:

Red,

I'm big fan of your work and a paying customer. This new tool will fix my biggest hardspot with the design of (or limitation imposed by) my MJ service.

Can you talk about what it actually does to kill the VM? I don't want to compromise whatever you've developed, just curious. I have an unfounded theory that Big Brother MJ trolls this site and incorporates kills for third party work arounds and bug-fixes into their updates.

In that vein, will an update pushed my MJ cause me to have to reuse the tool? Is it absolutely required to hard cycle the dongle? I would like to automate this tool to run along with a daily restart of MJ on my thinclient in case an update gets pushed and I don't catch it (my hope is that that my MJ doesn't need more babysitting than my two toddlers).

Thanks and keep up the good work!
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:46 am    Post subject:

TOOL SYNOPSIS
MagicRingForever creatively allows you to enable/disable the standard voice mail timeout that occurs after 24 seconds to allow continuous ringing. This is accomplished by setting up a call forwarding infinite loop. This allows your phone to ring continuously by re-forwarding it back to itself instead of forwarding to voice mail.

NOTES
This particular tool is provided on an "as is" FREE courtesy "no expectations / no disappointments" basis only. While our plugin products and plugin tools have been intentionally designed from scratch to be within our control, MagicRingForever is completely different in that it is a separate standalone tool that makes use of "hidden" capabilities inside the magicJack dialer. You can now enjoy this popular "hack" as similarly used by other 3rd party software for FREE as long as magicJack continue to support these "hidden" capabilities in the magicJack dialer that make it possible.

STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
For clarification, here are the exact steps you need to follow to use the MagicRingForever tool:

1. Download and Install it.

2. Run it. The MagicRingForever window will open.

3. You will see the prompt "Do you want to ENABLE or DISABLE the MJ Voice Mail Timeout? [E/D]?". Type E for enable and hit the enter/return key.

4. You will then see the prompt "Enter your 10 digit MJ phone number (i.e. 2125551212):". Type your 10 digit MJ phone number in the form xxxxxxxxxx without any spaces or special characters and hit the enter/return key.

5. You will then see the statement "FINISHED. UNPLUG YOUR MJ AND PLUG IT BACK IN AGAIN (TO RESTART THE MJ DIALER)". Follow those instructions and unplug your MJ dongle and plug it back it again.

6. You are now finished !!! Close the MagicRingForever tool window.
FunkyBoss
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:47 pm    Post subject:

Instead of physically unplugging the MJ, can I reboot the machine, or restart the MJ dialer service to get this to work?

I have my thin client buried under a desk and it's a little hard to get at.
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:38 am    Post subject:

The initial release of MagicRingForever ONLY supports Windows XP/Vista/7.

Support for XPe (XP Embedded) for thin clients will be provided in the next release. I will be able to give you an accurate answer to your question about unplugging and plugging back in the dongle when the next release that also supports XPe is available.

Last edited by redpepper on Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:45 am    Post subject:

Release 1.01 of MagicRingForever that includes support for thin clients running XPe (XP Embedded) is now ready for download at http://tools.pcphonesoft.com .

When the tool has finished, just unplug magicJack dongle and plug it back in again (or simply restart the magicJack dialer).
tsmith
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:31 pm    Post subject:

redpepper, good job. It works flawlessly.
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:23 pm    Post subject:

Thanks. Your encouragement is appreciated.
joevv

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:13 pm    Post subject:

will this solution log a a missed call for every 4 rings? e.g. phone rings 12 times call log will show 3 missed calls from that number.
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:03 pm    Post subject:

Yes - of course it will since your phone is re-forwarding back to itself every 3-4 rings instead of forwarding to voice mail. Every re-forward represents a new incoming call arriving. I know you are pretty familiar with the solution used.

MagicRingForever is just a very simple tool put together to help out a few Google Voice fans that requested it. There are definitely no plans to enhance it in any way especially since we cannot control it's destiny as it uses "hidden" magicJack dialer features.
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject:

Release 1.04 has been released and is posted at http://tools.pcphonesoft.com or http://www.magicsilence.com .

When you see the initial user prompt "Do you want to Enable or Disable continuous ringing?" Double check and make sure you enter "E" or "Enable". When the tool has finished running, be sure to unplug your magicJack USB dongle and then plug it back in again.

If you run into any challenges, unplug your magicJack USB dongle and then run the MagicRingForever tool. Plug the magicJack USB dongle back in when the tool has finished.
tsmith

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:09 am    Post subject:

redpepper, there is an alternate procedure mentioned in that same line, that you could just restart MJ (from the desktop) instead of physically unplugging the dongle. Is that still viable?
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:39 am    Post subject:

tsmith wrote:
redpepper, there is an alternate procedure mentioned in that same line, that you could just restart MJ (from the desktop) instead of physically unplugging the dongle. Is that still viable?

The answer to your question is yes.
FunkyBoss
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:16 am    Post subject:

I initially didn't install this because I was getting lucky that my MJ voicemail wasn't picking up, and instead Google Voice was when missing calls. But about a month or so ago, I started getting more and more calls falling into MJ voicemil before GV. So I decided to give it a try.

Happy to say over the last couple weeks, I have no longer had any calls go to my MJ voicemail. All have gone through GV. Bravo redpepper! Smile

P.S. I am also a MagicFeatures customer and it works fine with that installed too. All running on one of Alpman's thin clients.
judgeandjury
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject: Free Solution for Turning Off Your MagicJack's Voicemail

MagicRingForever is a free solution for turning off your MagicJack's voicemail. I have been using this application for about 2 months now and it has performed flawlessly. By having ability to turn off MagicJack's voicemail I have decided to buy another year of MagicJack service. Turning off MagicJack's voicemail using MagicRingForever is great! http://tools.pcphonesoft.com

This developer also sells a great MagicJack application called MagicfeaturesPlugin which has several awesome features that MagicJack forgot. http://www.pcphonesoft.com
pjwlk
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:29 pm    Post subject:

redpepper et al, I'm currently running MagicJack as a service. When I run MagicRingForever from my desktop it brings up a new instance of MagicJack and the ring forever function works fine but when the computer is rebooted the Ring Forever reverts back to normal. Do any of you know of any way to to prevent this from happening when running as a service or how I can automate the MagicRingForever process on bootup?

Thanks in advance
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:04 pm    Post subject:

The only alternatives to running your magicJack as a service that I know that would work with the MagicRingForever tool are as follows:

1. Run your magicJack normally and use the free Magicsilence tool available from http://tools.pcphonesoft.com to keep the magicJack dialer from popping up and keep your work focused.

2. Set up a completely separate user account on your computer to run your magicJack .
pjwlk
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:13 am    Post subject:

Thanks redpepper, that's what I've done now. The only issue I have is that I need the desktop to log on automatically if the computer reboots due to updates etc. I'm currently trying TweakUI from Microsoft to facilitate that need, but for some reason it doesn't seem to continue the auto log on after the first reboot.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:33 am    Post subject:

There are some pretty smart people that contribute to this forum so perhaps somebody else can help you figure out how to do an auto login on reboots.

A number of people have simply moved to thin client solutions that are not very expensive.
Davidchsw
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:17 pm    Post subject:

I am a Google Voice user and wanted to say thanks for magicringforever. I've had MJ for a couple of years, but haven't used it fully in part because of the voice mail. This works great.

David
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for your feedback. It is very much appreciated.
Diggs

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:30 pm    Post subject:

Will Magicringforever enable the use of a local answering machine again? Meaning now MJ voicemail picks up just before our conventional answering machine but with Magicringforever the phone will continue to ring until answering machine answers? (Yes, we can set the answering machine to pick up in two rings, but that is way too short of time. We prefer six rings or so.)
lychy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:41 pm    Post subject:

Diggs wrote:
Will Magicringforever enable the use of a local answering machine again? Meaning now MJ voicemail picks up just before our conventional answering machine but with Magicringforever the phone will continue to ring until answering machine answers? (Yes, we can set the answering machine to pick up in two rings, but that is way too short of time. We prefer six rings or so.)

Yes, that's exactly what it does.
I have a cordless phone system with answering machine built-in and I have it set to pickup in 30 seconds (and if it's a fax, my fax machine will pickup from there).
Magicringforever will just ring forever unless someone or something picks up.
Diggs

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:39 pm    Post subject:

lychy wrote:

Excellent. Nice addition to Magicfeatures.

From what I can tell, Magicringforever requires a manual start after every computer reboot? (My thin client is schedules to reboot itself once a week.)

@edit - From what I can tell I have to run the magicringforever tool with MJ unplugged so I guess that prohibits unattended reboots. Any other option?
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:15 am    Post subject:

I'm afraid I cannot put your comment in context.

For clarification, you only need to run the MagicRingForever tool one time when you want to either Enable or Disable continuous ringing. It does not need to continously run in the background or be run on restarts.

After you change the setting to either Enable or Disable continuous ringing, you close the window that MagicRingForever opens on you computer screen and that also exits the program itself.
lychy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:26 am    Post subject:

Diggs wrote:
lychy wrote:

Excellent. Nice addition to Magicfeatures.

From what I can tell, Magicringforever requires a manual start after every computer reboot? (My thin client is schedules to reboot itself once a week.)

@edit - From what I can tell I have to run the magicringforever tool with MJ unplugged so I guess that prohibits unattended reboots. Any other option?

No, it only runs once.
Nothing has to boot up with the system reboot or anything.
You either disable or enable to feature, type in your #, and restart the magicjack.
You never have to worry about it again unless you want to disable the feature.
Diggs

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:51 am    Post subject:

Perfect!

Thank you lychy.

Nicely done redpepper.
lychy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:55 am    Post subject:

Diggs wrote:
Perfect!

Thank you lychy.

Nicely done redpepper.

No problem (:
allen80602
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:44 pm    Post subject:

redpepper - I just tried this on my new MJ - v2.0.1. I can't get it to take. Picks up MJ vm after 4 rings every time. Any idea on this??
Darkman90808
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:03 pm    Post subject:

You might do a search in the other forums but it appears this is gone forever after the most recent "Lucky You" upgrade. redpepper addresses it here somewhere or on his site, so you may wish to go straight to the source.

http://www.pcphonesoft.com/pcphonesoft/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=487

I just found the link, so you can see for yourself.
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:54 pm    Post subject:

MagicRingForever as it existed is gone forever.

If you are just trying to get your external answering machine to pickup the calls, you can use the "Double Ringing" for external answering machine feature in the Magicfeatures Plugin. It does not however extend the time before voice mail picks up.
Davidchsw
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:46 am    Post subject:

Magicringforever was great while it lasted. I cannot understand why Magicjack forces me to use their voice mail. I am still subject to all the adds. I would think it would be cheaper on their end to allow this feature to be turned off. As an alternative I signed up for a pay as you go number with Callcentric.

David
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:22 am    Post subject:

Some things definitely defy common logic.
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject:

MAGICRINGFOREVER RELEASE 2.0 NEWSFLASH !!!

We have now started development of an upgrade replacement for the existing version of the free MagicRingForever tool.

Unlike our "paid for" plugins that were developed from scratch, it made use of hidden features in the magicJack dialer to create a call forwarding loop back to your own phone. The latter was removed in magicJack's new dialer offering directly disabling the free MagicRingForever tool.

The new replacement upgrade (MagicRingForever Release 2.0) is being developed from scratch against the following simple specification. It will continuously ring the phone until the phone connected to the magicJack USB dongle is physically taken offhook by a person or by an external answering machine.

MagicRingForever Release 2.0 is an a fast track development schedule and will be available in the next 2-3 weeks. It will be added to the range of retail plugins.

Last edited by redpepper on Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject:

Awesome, I am sure you will make a LOT of people happy, especially the daily' HEY MY RINGFOREVER IS NOT WORKING, WHY!!??, people.

Now if you can only add a fix for the new MJ release messing with the screensaver/power off monitor setting!!

Joe Sica
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:35 pm    Post subject:

It sounds like an intentional (but perhaps unnecessary) change they need to answer for.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:46 pm    Post subject:

redpepper wrote:
It sounds like an intentional (but perhaps unnecessary) change they need to answer for.

Oh I am POSITIVE it was intentional. To me it seems since they are going to use the same softphone for magictalk they want to keep the screen "active" for us to see the , without a doubt, ads...So since it is the same softphone as MJ uses I think ads are on their way here as well.
Of course the brainiacs at MJ seem to forget if you minimize the softphone you don't see any ads, I KNOW, MJ 3.0 will disable that too!!!
And to all those spouting GREEN THIS AND GREEN THAT, please give me a break, ok? Sure disabling the screensaver stinks, but if you for one minute think that has ANY effect on the Global Warming hype/myth?? Stop using your PC, TV, ANY power, and yes stop breathing out that damn CO2.. Damn sheep.

Joe Sica

Last edited by bitstopjoe on Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
millermoto
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:39 pm    Post subject:

Woohoo! Very Happy - Posted - 09/05/2010 : 13:07:17
MAGICRINGFOREVER RELEASE 2.0 NEWSFLASH !!!

We have now started development of an upgrade replacement for the existing version of the free MagicRingForever tool.

http://www.pcphonesoft.com/pcphonesoft/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=487
Davidchsw
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Thank you. I look forward to using magicringforever 2.0. I can deal with everything but the voice mail.

David
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack related items For Sale / Wanted All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: