Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Time to find alternatives to utilize your ATA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shipingli
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: Time to find alternatives to utilize your ATA

I ordered my PAP2 last week and got it yesterday. As you all know, I am not able to use it anymore with MJ. Sigh.

So I looked around and try not to waste my money on the PAP2. Here is what I got:

1. Voipdiscount:

It is easy to setup and indeed it worked on my PAP2. I made a few free call and it was not bad.

I have not find a way to receive call yet. Someone mentioned GV+ipKall+voipdiscount may work.

Cost: $10 to make free call within some countries for 120 days. There are some limitation though.

2. Gizmo5 + GV

Also easy to setup. I made several 1-800 calls to verify call quality. Not bad.

The good thing is GV (Google Voice) can forward calls to Gizmo5 number. So I can receive calls with same phone.

In summery: I place call through Gizmo5, and receive call from GV number. All my friends knew my GV number anyway.

Cost: I think $0.019 to call anywhere within USA and similar rate to some other countries.

Maybe we can collect and share such information so we do not have to reply on Dan's mood to make VOIP calls freely. Some says it is the second time Dan decided to take ATA away. Who knows when is the 3rd, 4th time even we may find workaround this time?

I will return my MJ tomorrow since it is still in trial period.
testing123
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject:

VOIP Alternatives Thread
shipingli
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Thanks

Thanks testing123 for the link. New to this world though Embarassed
testing123
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks

shipingli wrote:
Thanks testing123 for the link. New to this world though Embarassed

No prob ... I am trying to get everyone to post it in one thread; I am going to go back and update the 1st post with all the suggestions that folks make.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: