Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Tip: Don't type in your username on connection problems...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GuyOnTheAir
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Tip: Don't type in your username on connection problems...

Have you gotten that dreaded "error 3", Please connect to the Internet, and double click here"?

Well, don't waste time double-clicking, typing in your username and password, and waiting for all that.

Just double-click where it suggests, then hit the cancel area on the window that pops up.

No need to wait for the full window to load. Just hit cancel. Your MJ softphone will look for that connection again, and make all right!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
veleshta1
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject:

i had the same problem that makes me nervous, always when i turn on my pc and MJ actived i should do that..
GuyOnTheAir

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:12 pm    Post subject:

Once your mJ is activated, you rarely need to key in the information again. It is possible after a software upgrade, or upon moving your mJ to another computer that you will have to type in your info.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
veleshta1
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:34 am    Post subject:

i should do that everyday every time when i turn on my pc. that makes me nervous. i dont know how to save that email and password..
GuyOnTheAir

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject:

Sounds like there might be a problem with your mJ saving the informatin properly. You shouldn't have to "choose" to save it. It should just do it for you, except on rare occasions when it updates or something.

If this is your only problem with mJ, then it might be good to leave well-enough alone. However, if you're having other problems or inconsistencies, you might consider using the "recover" utility that you can download from magicJack.com to completely wipe all the files on your mJ, and reload them.

If you do this, you'll lose your phone numbers and such unless you've backed them up first. I could explain how to do that, but it's explained elsewhere in these forums.
kumar
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:37 pm    Post subject:

Even the magicjack chat people tell you to hit cancel if that thing comes up. I have no freaking clue why they still have that stupid window pop up for every single error it has.

Kumar
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: