magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tmobile @ home ... anyone use it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> The Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
testing123
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:28 am    Post subject: Tmobile @ home ... anyone use it? Reply with quote

Just curious if anyone has any opinion/experience about the $10/mo Tmobile @ home service:

google.com/search?q=what+is+tmobile+%40+home%3F

Not an Ad, I have no affiliation with them and have not used them. Thanks
norml jack
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like a good deal if that includes local dial tone.

I personally don't care for the company, however. A couple of years ago they overcharged me, and after admitting their mistake (wasting much of my time in the process) only offered to remove half of the overcharged billing.

Like Michael Corleone in the Godfather part 2, I told them my offer is this; nothing, not even the fee for the legitimately billed charges.
Bendle

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife has TmO @HOME and a basic Samsung flip phone with Wifi on it. I like it - its pretty automated so you dont have to be a techie to operate it... some basic training and thats it.

When she is at home it detects and connects to my wifi, we program our friends wifi info in her phone as we go along so when she is at their house the minutes are free... Starbucks is free.... any open wifi is free. We put the default SSID all in there just in case she is in range of a DLINK, LINKSYS, DEFAULT, etc and it picks up. I dont know how many different networks you can save, but havent filled it up yet. It has really saved on minutes. I think her average usage on wifi is about 25% of her total minutes every month.

I know they are going to allow it to be used at home soon if you add one of their routers (I think thats how it works) and then a home phone system can be plugged in to it like a MJ..... and its all for the same $10 I think.
msiam

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I use the T Mo@Home with my cell. I have a Blackberry 8320 that kicks ass.. I use the linksys wrt54gs wireless router and also have the defaults set up as Bendle does.. I go to about 4 different restaurants that somewhere in the vicinity has one of these routers set up, I get the signal automatically.. I am very happy with the set up.. Now I believe that T Mo is offering voip with their service which ties in with mobile to mobile on the cell.. it just keeps getting better, another advantage is the the 5 favs and Grand Central, damn, all that takes care of about 90 % of my air time..That adds up to a big pile of free minutes, I haven't burned more than 50 minutes a month of their minutes in 8 months. And, the entire time in the hot spots, the incoming and outgoing calls are free.. What a deal.. I am not a T MO affiliate.. I'm actually a retired Verizon Tech.. What does that tell ya?? Another trick is the RingBranch, they are now offering new sign ups. that gives you 1000 minutes a month as a fav, you might have to listen to about 10 seconds of ads before each call, but hey it makes it free, even if you get a call back on the same number ( you would have to choose to have callbacks marked as the RB number) its all cool..I give a big Thumbs up to the T MO @home service...But, hey, I know.. sometimes you cant give some people something free, How many people you tell about Magicjack that seem like they want to make a change?? they all look at you like you lost your rabbit headed mind. Shocked Shocked , that or they aren't listening and look like you're keeping them awake Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: