Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
toll-free numbers in Canada 1-888

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
couch-potato
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: toll-free numbers in Canada 1-888

I want to call a number that is toll-free in Canada.

The call is not going through. I think it is because the owner of the phone line has restricted incoming calls to originating in Canada only. Or else all 1-888 numbers are Canadian, but I'm not sure about that.

I have no problem calling any other Canadian number.

In order to get this call to go through, I need to have the caller ID spoofer set to a Canadian number.

My caller ID spoofer has not been working for about a week.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get this to work?

I tried the *67 trick and that didn't help.

Does anyone have the caller ID spoofer working?
Stewart
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject:

Please post or PM the number and I'll look for ways to call it.
couch-potato
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject:

My bad.

I forgot that I am not supposed to be able to spoof caller ID on toll-free calls. So this might be harder than I originally thought - or impossible.

I tried two caller ID test lines:
When I called *67 254 634 3145 *** they identified my spoofed number (Canadian area code 306)
When I called *67 800 444 3333 *** they identified a number that I do not recognize at all. It is not my MJ number (area code 224) and it is not my spoofed number (area code 306). It said that I was calling from 585 698 1375. When I looked that up on reverse directory it was identified as a cell phone from Rochester New York. What's up with that?!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: