Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Tool to make MagicJack run as a Windows Service
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
etvaugha
MagicJack Expert


Joined: 02 Jan 2010
Posts: 91

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:04 pm    Post subject:

synchron wrote:
Hi, I received an mj 'lucky you' recently but your service tool never broke. It just behaves slower; that is, I plug in dongle, softphone will eventually say, 'Ready to call'. I close softphone and no dialtone. I run your service (under services.msc) and now it takes up to 1 minute for the dialtone to occur. Prior to 'lucky you' this was pretty much instant from when I started the service.

Will your 1.4 fix this?

Thanks,

Synchron Cool


I don't know if it will help or not. You can always download and run 1.4 and see what happens.

You shouldn't connect the device and launch the softphone while you also have the Windows service installed and running. Doing so will launch two instances of MagicJack.exe (one service and one desktop) and could lead to the sluggish behavior you're experiencing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mothemak
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 12 Mar 2010
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:56 pm    Post subject: MJ HardwarevNot Detected

Hi, I tried installing v1.4, but am getting the hardware not detected error. I changed USB ports & then the hardware was detected & the service said it was installed, but after that it can't make or receive calls, so, I used the MSCtool to remove MJ from service & I MJ reinstalled normally. My computer is one that lists the Tigerjet as a "USB Audio Device"

I really would like to get this to work.

Any help???
Thanks!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jthomas5150
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 14 Mar 2010
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:18 am    Post subject:

Installed great on Win7. Thanks for the hard work!

However, I am getting the constant dial tone until the call is placed. Any fix or ideas on that?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
etvaugha
MagicJack Expert


Joined: 02 Jan 2010
Posts: 91

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:25 am    Post subject:

jthomas5150 wrote:
Installed great on Win7. Thanks for the hard work!

However, I am getting the constant dial tone until the call is placed. Any fix or ideas on that?



I've actually invested quite a bit of time in trying to fix this, with no success. My setup behaves the same way. It doesn't seem to bother most people (myself included), as usually a person does not hold the phone to their ear when they dial so the tone is not even noticable.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me


Joined: 13 Oct 2009
Posts: 501

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:24 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Installed great on Win7. Thanks for the hard work!

However, I am getting the constant dial tone until the call is placed. Any fix or ideas on that?


The only alternative to fix the dialtone issue you are having and still stop the popups is to install the magicJack normally and use the free Magicsilence plugin tool at http://tools.pcphonesoft.com .

It also works with the older magicJack USB dongles that come up as USB Audio Device.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
etvaugha
MagicJack Expert


Joined: 02 Jan 2010
Posts: 91

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:38 pm    Post subject:

redpepper wrote:
Quote:
Installed great on Win7. Thanks for the hard work!

However, I am getting the constant dial tone until the call is placed. Any fix or ideas on that?


The only alternative to fix the dialtone issue you are having and still stop the popups is to install the magicJack normally and use the free Magicsilence plugin tool at http://tools.pcphonesoft.com .

It also works with the older magicJack USB dongles that come up as USB Audio Device.


The problem with "Magicsilence" is that it does not allow MagicJack to work under all user accounts, or when the user is logged off. You also loose the resource priority advantage you get when running the application as a service. And, if I'm not mistaken, Magicsilence has to run in the background and consumes memory and additional resources.

Thanks for the second post though. Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
luigi2009
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 02 Jul 2009
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:09 pm    Post subject:

etvaugha wrote:
Version 1.4 released.

This version is able to operate even if the MagicJack drives are unavailable. It has been released in response to the recent MagicJack update that hides/disables the two MagicJack drives and caused problems for version 1.3.

Download at www.evanvaughan.com/magicjack.aspx

As always, let me know if you encounter any issues. You can post here or send email to evan@evanvaughan.com


Evan, if I use the tool to start MJ as a service, I cannot make an international call (011852localnumber) using my telephone. It comes back with a dial tone after I dialed the number and the call won't go through. If I remove the service and I dial the same number, it goes through fine. Is there a fix for this problem? Thanks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
synchron
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me


Joined: 15 May 2008
Posts: 230

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject:

Darn, I just got the Lucky You upgrade and the icons went away. Running as service won't work o I downloaded your 1.4 but it won't detect the dongle anymore no matter what USB port I put it in.

Any clues?

Synchron Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
etvaugha
MagicJack Expert


Joined: 02 Jan 2010
Posts: 91

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:29 pm    Post subject:

synchron wrote:
Darn, I just got the Lucky You upgrade and the icons went away. Running as service won't work o I downloaded your 1.4 but it won't detect the dongle anymore no matter what USB port I put it in.

Any clues?

Synchron Cool


I have a fix in the works for the few people who have experienced the non-detection issue after the latest update was pushed. I will release it within the next few days.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
synchron
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me


Joined: 15 May 2008
Posts: 230

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject:

etvaugha wrote:


I have a fix in the works for the few people who have experienced the non-detection issue after the latest update was pushed. I will release it within the next few days.


Thanks for your support! Not sure why the Late Feb upgrade took so long for me to happen but it's logical that since my unit is from mid 2008, they are probably catering and updating newer ones and then dealing with older ones later.

Synchron Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO


Joined: 13 Sep 2008
Posts: 2844
Location: North East Pennsylvania

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject:

My unit is from Aug 2008 and I got my update March 2nd..


Joe Sica
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
packee
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 23 Mar 2010
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject:

I just ran the service tool that I DL'd from your site today. It works great however, I recently tried to call when the GF was surfing the net I tried to call and I got busy type signal when I called. When she stopped using the web and I called all was good. This wasnt the case before I installed the MJ as a windows service.

Is this something that I did or have to to correct this?

I could run many IE pages and Youtube vid's yesterday and all was fine with MJ? any suggest's??
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
etvaugha
MagicJack Expert


Joined: 02 Jan 2010
Posts: 91

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:13 pm    Post subject:

Version 1.5 released. It should fix the non-detection issue that some people have been experiencing.

http://www.evanvaughan.com/magicjack.aspx
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
surfzombie
MagicJack User


Joined: 14 Feb 2010
Posts: 45

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:50 pm    Post subject:

Are there any updates as to if this will work with the magicFeatures plugin installed at the same time? I saw where it was talked about but what ever happened about it?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
synchron
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me


Joined: 15 May 2008
Posts: 230

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:17 am    Post subject:

etvaugha wrote:
Version 1.5 released. It should fix the non-detection issue that some people have been experiencing.

http://www.evanvaughan.com/magicjack.aspx


Thanks, this fixed it and the service works again for me.

Great support!

Synchron Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
etvaugha
MagicJack Expert


Joined: 02 Jan 2010
Posts: 91

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:01 pm    Post subject:

packee wrote:
I just ran the service tool that I DL'd from your site today. It works great however, I recently tried to call when the GF was surfing the net I tried to call and I got busy type signal when I called. When she stopped using the web and I called all was good. This wasnt the case before I installed the MJ as a windows service.

Is this something that I did or have to to correct this?

I could run many IE pages and Youtube vid's yesterday and all was fine with MJ? any suggest's??


Does everything work now? Maybe you just had a one-off period of reduced bandwidth and the inturruption had nothing to do with the service.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
paul51948
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 19 Mar 2010
Posts: 1
Location: Toronto.Canada

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:52 pm    Post subject: Background Task works

Thanks for your solution.
No need for other items to suppress the pop up.
I'm on Windows 7.
You have excellent knowledge of magicjack.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
joefayez77
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 12 Feb 2009
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: it works but

Hello,

i have using the magicjack as a service done by your program with very good success, but there is only one problem, that when i try to dial a number, the dial tone never cut down after i hit the first number , meanwhile the call go through after i dial the whole number , but during the dialing the tone is still on (no silance after i dial the first digit).

I hope there is a solve for this issue ????

thank youu
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
etvaugha
MagicJack Expert


Joined: 02 Jan 2010
Posts: 91

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: it works but

joefayez77 wrote:
Hello,

i have using the magicjack as a service done by your program with very good success, but there is only one problem, that when i try to dial a number, the dial tone never cut down after i hit the first number , meanwhile the call go through after i dial the whole number , but during the dialing the tone is still on (no silance after i dial the first digit).

I hope there is a solve for this issue ????

thank youu


As previously discussed, this is a known issue. I have spent quite a bit of time on it with no success. It is a non issue for most people as they don't hold the phone to their ear when they dial and therefore don't even notice the tone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
packee
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 23 Mar 2010
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Just tried the 1.5 and I am having the same issues....When I run it as a service and ppl try to call, they get 2 beeps and cant call...But everything wrks fine when I uninstall. It might be a mem issue on this PC. I am gonna upgrade to a more recent PC and see if that solves the issue. I will keep u posted

Packee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jpersons
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 23 Mar 2010
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:13 pm    Post subject:

First of all, thank you Evan for all the work that has gone into this tool. Two questions:

1. (I'm pretty sure the answer to this one is no...) Is there a way to disable Magic Jack voice mail when it is running as a service, or a way to enable the MagicRingForever plug-in?

2. I am running Windows XP and I can't figure out how to prevent Magic Jack from installing as an application every time the dongle is plugged in. I tried setting Autoplay on drive J: to "Take no action." I also ran gpedit.msc and changed the computer configuration to "Turn off Autoplay on: All drives." Magic Jack still installs automatically. Any suggestions?

Thanks again!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
etvaugha
MagicJack Expert


Joined: 02 Jan 2010
Posts: 91

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject:

jpersons wrote:
First of all, thank you Evan for all the work that has gone into this tool. Two questions:

1. (I'm pretty sure the answer to this one is no...) Is there a way to disable Magic Jack voice mail when it is running as a service, or a way to enable the MagicRingForever plug-in?

2. I am running Windows XP and I can't figure out how to prevent Magic Jack from installing as an application every time the dongle is plugged in. I tried setting Autoplay on drive J: to "Take no action." I also ran gpedit.msc and changed the computer configuration to "Turn off Autoplay on: All drives." Magic Jack still installs automatically. Any suggestions?

Thanks again!


There is currently no easy way to disable voicemail when you run MagicJack as a service, however I am working on a utility that will allow you to do so. I plan to release it within the next few weeks. I actually spent a little time working on it today.

As far as the Autorun issue on your machine, that would be a question for a Windows guru. There's got to be a way to turn it off (as it's off by default) but I don't know where that is. A Google search might turn up some answers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
jpersons
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 23 Mar 2010
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Thanks, Evan. I finally got Autoplay stopped using TweakUI.exe. I don't know why the other methods didn't work.

Please let us know if you solve the voice mail issue. (I'm sure you will!)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
packee
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 23 Mar 2010
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Issue solved...Works Great now as a service, I have no issues. I found it was a mem issue at my end. I upgraded to a much faster PC and everything is running great..

Thanks again, and looking forward to ur updates as they come
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
etvaugha
MagicJack Expert


Joined: 02 Jan 2010
Posts: 91

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:07 pm    Post subject:

In case anyone is wondering why my download counter suddenly dropped by several hundred downloads...I found a defect in the counter and repaired it. There is still a bug which causes the jpeg counter displayed on this thread to get one download out of sync with the text counter on my site. I'm not going to worry about that though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kaveh
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 29 Apr 2010
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:33 am    Post subject: Running MagicJack as a Service

Hi. I tried downloading Evan Vaughan's "run magicjack as a service' but couldn't get to his web site at www.evanvaughan.com/magicjack.aspx. Does anyone know how to get that? Thanks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
etvaugha
MagicJack Expert


Joined: 02 Jan 2010
Posts: 91

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:34 pm    Post subject:

Link should work fine...you have a period at the end of your link above, which is not a valid URL.

www.evanvaughan.com/magicjack.aspx
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kaveh
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 29 Apr 2010
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:59 am    Post subject:

Thanks. I finally found out why I couldn't connect. I have a VPN connection that was blocking this URL. But I finally got in.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BamaPanda
magicJack Apprentice


Joined: 21 Mar 2010
Posts: 10

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 11:44 am    Post subject: Run as a service ??

Just a quick ? or two (or few). Smile

What advantage would I have running MJ as a service?
Is it more stable this way?
Would it help in NOT having to unplug and replug the MJ so often?
Does it work well in Win7?

Thanks ..from a noobie MJ user, but fairly seasoned PC tinkerer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
etvaugha
MagicJack Expert


Joined: 02 Jan 2010
Posts: 91

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Run as a service ??

BamaPanda wrote:
Just a quick ? or two (or few). Smile

What advantage would I have running MJ as a service?
Is it more stable this way?
Would it help in NOT having to unplug and replug the MJ so often?
Does it work well in Win7?

Thanks ..from a noobie MJ user, but fairly seasoned PC tinkerer.


The advantages of running MJ as a service are listed on the first post, and on my MagicJack page.

I don't think the service is any more stable, although it can receive higher resource priority which might make it so.

I don't think this will help you with your plug/unplug problem. That should never happen and something else is going on there. My MJ has been running non-stop for almost a year.

It works great with Win 7. That's what I am running myself, and I've heard good things from others who are running 7.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
lucas
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 04 May 2010
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 8:29 pm    Post subject: CAnt break Dial tone

I install the service Creator 1.5 and When I install it I cant Break Dialtone n MJ Help
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
etvaugha
MagicJack Expert


Joined: 02 Jan 2010
Posts: 91

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 11:11 pm    Post subject: Re: CAnt break Dial tone

lucas wrote:
I install the service Creator 1.5 and When I install it I cant Break Dialtone n MJ Help


The dialtone should stop once you enter a complete number. If you're still bothered by it, you can just remove the service and you'll be back to your original configuration.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Msradell
magicJack Apprentice


Joined: 21 Aug 2008
Posts: 13
Location: Louisville, KY

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 12:40 pm    Post subject: Problem installing

When I tried to install the software it could not detect the MagicJack hardware. I went and looked and I can see the E and F drives but they have no names in when I try to look at them they show they have 0 bytes used and 0 bytes available. How can I get MagicJack to install as a service with this problem or how can I correct the problem?

I'm running Windows 7x64.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
etvaugha
MagicJack Expert


Joined: 02 Jan 2010
Posts: 91

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem installing

Msradell wrote:
When I tried to install the software it could not detect the MagicJack hardware. I went and looked and I can see the E and F drives but they have no names in when I try to look at them they show they have 0 bytes used and 0 bytes available. How can I get MagicJack to install as a service with this problem or how can I correct the problem?

I'm running Windows 7x64.


Send me an email at evan@evanvaughan and I can help you out. My detection function does not work with some USB controllers and I made a special build for those people.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
overseer
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 24 May 2010
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 9:53 am    Post subject:

I can't seem to get this to work. The install didn't work, still get the pop-ups and icon on the desktop. Now I'm trying to uninstall and it says that it IS install, and the uninstall isn't working. How can I fix this?





How should I proceed?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
overseer
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 24 May 2010
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 12:45 pm    Post subject:

...and I tried completely uninstalling magicJack and reinstalling it then running the Service Creator program. Got the same result as the screenshots above. Mad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
etvaugha
MagicJack Expert


Joined: 02 Jan 2010
Posts: 91

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject:

overseer wrote:
...and I tried completely uninstalling magicJack and reinstalling it then running the Service Creator program. Got the same result as the screenshots above. Mad


Click on start, and go to Run. Type "services.msc" and hit enter. Right click on the magicJack service, and click Properties. Stop the service if it's started. Also set the startup type to disabled.

After you've done this, unplug the magicJack and plug it back in. Click "Start magicJack" when prompted.

This should get you back to your normal setup. I don't know why the tool doesn't work for you. Every now and then it encounters a setup it doesn't like. Until I upgrade the logging I can't diagnose most of these problems.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
IanY-MJ
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 25 May 2010
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 10:43 pm    Post subject: No Dial Tone - Sometimes

My MJ works well, except, sometimes when I pick up my handset, press talk, there is no dial tone. I hang up, press talk again and I am good to go.

Will running as a service fix this? Any other ideas?

Thx.
Ian
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
etvaugha
MagicJack Expert


Joined: 02 Jan 2010
Posts: 91

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 11:41 pm    Post subject: Re: No Dial Tone - Sometimes

IanY-MJ wrote:
My MJ works well, except, sometimes when I pick up my handset, press talk, there is no dial tone. I hang up, press talk again and I am good to go.

Will running as a service fix this? Any other ideas?

Thx.
Ian


It probably wouldn't fix your problem, but it never hurts to try...

Almost sounds like something is going to sleep, or maybe faulty hardware.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
IanY-MJ
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 25 May 2010
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 12:32 am    Post subject:

So I could try it without hurting things?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
overseer
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 24 May 2010
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 9:31 am    Post subject:

etvaugha wrote:
Click on start, and go to Run. Type "services.msc" and hit enter. Right click on the magicJack service, and click Properties. Stop the service if it's started. Also set the startup type to disabled.

After you've done this, unplug the magicJack and plug it back in. Click "Start magicJack" when prompted.

This should get you back to your normal setup. I don't know why the tool doesn't work for you. Every now and then it encounters a setup it doesn't like. Until I upgrade the logging I can't diagnose most of these problems


Thanks, however it did not work. Same problem is occurring, same results as the screenshots.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
etvaugha
MagicJack Expert


Joined: 02 Jan 2010
Posts: 91

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 2:50 pm    Post subject:

overseer wrote:
etvaugha wrote:
Click on start, and go to Run. Type "services.msc" and hit enter. Right click on the magicJack service, and click Properties. Stop the service if it's started. Also set the startup type to disabled.

After you've done this, unplug the magicJack and plug it back in. Click "Start magicJack" when prompted.

This should get you back to your normal setup. I don't know why the tool doesn't work for you. Every now and then it encounters a setup it doesn't like. Until I upgrade the logging I can't diagnose most of these problems


Thanks, however it did not work. Same problem is occurring, same results as the screenshots.


You mean you still can't get the tool to work, right? The steps I gave you should get your magicJack back to an operational "stock" setup.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
etvaugha
MagicJack Expert


Joined: 02 Jan 2010
Posts: 91

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 2:53 pm    Post subject:

IanY-MJ wrote:
So I could try it without hurting things?


Any time you install any software program there is a slight risk of messing your computer up. So I'm not going to promise you that nothing will be hurt, but I can say that thousands of people have used this tool with excellent results, and that it's a very safe tool.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
overseer
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 24 May 2010
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:59 pm    Post subject:

etvaugha wrote:
overseer wrote:
etvaugha wrote:
Click on start, and go to Run. Type "services.msc" and hit enter. Right click on the magicJack service, and click Properties. Stop the service if it's started. Also set the startup type to disabled.

After you've done this, unplug the magicJack and plug it back in. Click "Start magicJack" when prompted.

This should get you back to your normal setup. I don't know why the tool doesn't work for you. Every now and then it encounters a setup it doesn't like. Until I upgrade the logging I can't diagnose most of these problems


Thanks, however it did not work. Same problem is occurring, same results as the screenshots.


You mean you still can't get the tool to work, right? The steps I gave you should get your magicJack back to an operational "stock" setup.


magicJack is running fine right now. Just like I did the first time I ever put it in.
I still want to get this to work and get rid of the pop-ups and desktop icon but when I run the MSC15 application file I still get the results that it's current installed (see screenshot I posted previously).
So I figure I'll try uninstalling and installing again but I get the error message saying it can't uninstall. Confused
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bluefall
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 01 Jun 2010
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:31 pm    Post subject:

can I run this tool when MJ UI is running ? Or should I stop MJ UI first and then run it?

Thanks!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
etvaugha
MagicJack Expert


Joined: 02 Jan 2010
Posts: 91

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject:

bluefall wrote:
can I run this tool when MJ UI is running ? Or should I stop MJ UI first and then run it?

Thanks!


The tool is designed to be used while MJ is running. It will stop the UI for you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
bluefall
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 01 Jun 2010
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:12 pm    Post subject:

etvaugha wrote:
bluefall wrote:
can I run this tool when MJ UI is running ? Or should I stop MJ UI first and then run it?

Thanks!


The tool is designed to be used while MJ is running. It will stop the UI for you.


Thank you etvaugha.

I just run your tool and it works fine except a small bug:

When I dial a number, there is still dial tone between every keys what I pressed.

But if I use MJ as a regular program, When I dial a number, there is quite between every keys what I pressed.

My OS is Windows 7 32bit

Did you meet the same problem? How to fix it?

Thanks!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
etvaugha
MagicJack Expert


Joined: 02 Jan 2010
Posts: 91

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:57 am    Post subject:

bluefall wrote:
etvaugha wrote:
bluefall wrote:
can I run this tool when MJ UI is running ? Or should I stop MJ UI first and then run it?

Thanks!


The tool is designed to be used while MJ is running. It will stop the UI for you.


Thank you etvaugha.

I just run your tool and it works fine except a small bug:

When I dial a number, there is still dial tone between every keys what I pressed.

But if I use MJ as a regular program, When I dial a number, there is quite between every keys what I pressed.

My OS is Windows 7 32bit

Did you meet the same problem? How to fix it?

Thanks!


Despite spending a lot of time trying, I have not been able to fix this bug. It's like this on my setup as well. It doesn't bother me though as I don't hold the phone to my ear when I dial a number...so I don't even notice it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
overseer
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 24 May 2010
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:21 pm    Post subject:

Is there no way to uninstall this?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
etvaugha
MagicJack Expert


Joined: 02 Jan 2010
Posts: 91

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:37 pm    Post subject:

overseer wrote:
Is there no way to uninstall this?


Uninstall what? This tool doesn't install itself on your machine. The only thing it does is set up a standard Windows service. If my tool can't remove that service for some reason, then the service can be manually disabled from the services control panel, or deleted using the steps to delete a Windows service. ("sc delete magicJack" from the run-as-administrator command line)

http://www.theeldergeek.com/add_a_service_in_windows_xp.htm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Powered by phpBB Ultra Turbo Extended Edition Live © 2001-9999, phpBB Group
magicJack and magicJack Plus are trademarks of magicJack LLP. This website is in no way affiliated, endorsed, or sponsored by magicJack LLP, and is an unofficial forum for consumers to openly communicate regarding their experiences with the magicJack products.