Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Top Request - eliminate bootup image, 3 way calling, record

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Features coming to Magic Jack
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Denver Dave
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Top Request - eliminate bootup image, 3 way calling, record

I've had my Magic Jack for a year now and I'm wondering whether to renew.

On the good side:
- Call quality is good for me
- works consistently
- this discussion forum

On the bad site
- the initial bootup image is rude and has led me to not leaving my MJ plugged in, so I forget that I have it, haven't used for a couple of months
- No 3 way calling - a must for business use
- Call recording should be built in

I see that there is a deal to get 5 years for the price of 3. I may renew for one more year, sure wish some tool would address the bad side above, with an annual cost, even if it cost more.

Dave
tony
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Top Request - eliminate bootup image, 3 way calling, rec

Denver Dave wrote:
On the bad site
- the initial bootup image is rude and has led me to not leaving my MJ plugged in, so I forget that I have it, haven't used for a couple of months
- No 3 way calling - a must for business use
- Call recording should be built in

Dave

Hi,
Some work-arounds, but not built-in which I suspect you're wanting.

For 3-way, get another MJ and plug into a spare computer. Get a 2-line phone to do the conferencing. I have an ATT 993 desk set and I can initiate conferencing by initiating the calls. Works great (landline is line 1, MJ is line 2, but you can have 2 MJ's connected). By the way, MJ does do 3-way calling as one of it's current features but your callers have to call your MJ number.

For avoiding the bootup image, dig up one of your company's old computers or laptops. Set one up to run the MJ solely and you don't have to look at the popup. Or better yet, check out the Thin Client options discussed elsewhere on this forum.
Denver Dave
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:57 am    Post subject:

Thanks for the information Tony. I the work-arounds are worth knowing until MJ listens to its customer base needs or a competitor's product is available.

If it wasn't for this discussion forum, I probably would not renew - thank you.
sbw07
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:32 am    Post subject: Avoid boot-up image

To get rid of the boot-up image (One minute of patience...) see my post here http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/post4997.html#4997
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Features coming to Magic Jack All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: