Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Total MJ messup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jerrynyc
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:30 pm    Post subject: Total MJ messup

I am VERY computer ignorant..have had MJ for over a year and a half..mostly happy with it.
I have to often use the fowarding feature..so to make it easier I bought that 19.95, 20 extra feature thing to make fowarding easier by just dialing 72/73..bought it last June and been very happy with the convinience..
Two days ago my whole system went haywire and I can't undue the fowarding..the 72/73 thing doesn't work and I can't do anything I used to be able to do...tried unplugging MJ and replugging...nothing works..
I don't want to go through the hassle of trying the MJ customer service chat....besides the people in this forum know more than the MJ people anyway..
Any suggestions...???
Thanks...
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Total MJ messup

Jerrynyc wrote:
I am VERY computer ignorant..have had MJ for over a year and a half..mostly happy with it.
I have to often use the fowarding feature..so to make it easier I bought that 19.95, 20 extra feature thing to make fowarding easier by just dialing 72/73..bought it last June and been very happy with the convinience..
Two days ago my whole system went haywire and I can't undue the fowarding..the 72/73 thing doesn't work and I can't do anything I used to be able to do...tried unplugging MJ and replugging...nothing works..
I don't want to go through the hassle of trying the MJ customer service chat....besides the people in this forum know more than the MJ people anyway..
Any suggestions...???
Thanks...

http://www.pcphonesoft.com/pcphonesoft/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=502

Joe Sica
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:23 pm    Post subject:

As you are probably aware, magicJack is currently forcing out a major new release of their magicJack dialer at the moment. A "heads up" announcement for such a major change would have been useful.

Unlike previous minor updates, this is indeed a major release (i.e. magicJack 1.x to magicJack 2.x). The changes to the magicJack dialer and also to the online account management facility at http://my.magicjack.com are significant both internal and external.

MagicFeatures - Update in Progress (Also Xlitejack, Skyjack and MagicSilence)
In regards to MagicFeatures Plugin, an update is already underway to support the major release changes. The same is true for the Skyjack, Xlitejack and MagicSilence Plugins that were all originally developed from scratch. The updates should hopefully be available in the next few days; however they may take longer depending on the number of changes required. Patience will be required and is definitely appreciated.
Xkahn
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:03 am    Post subject:

Well I know this much, the new 'upgrade' is definitely XP unfriendly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: