Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Touch Pad Works... Phone does not

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rexless
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:24 am    Post subject: Touch Pad Works... Phone does not

Just recently happened. Telephone will make the outgoing phone, but will not connect, touch pad shows that it is active, making me believe it works.

Tried just using touch pad with just headset and that works perfectly, but phone is a no go.

Dongle is connected to USB connection via MJ provided cord. Computer is connected to router and router is connected to Internet Net box.

Please assist.
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:58 am    Post subject: Re: Touch Pad Works... Phone does not

rexless wrote:
Just recently happened. Telephone will make the outgoing phone, but will not connect, touch pad shows that it is active, making me believe it works.

Tried just using touch pad with just headset and that works perfectly, but phone is a no go.

Dongle is connected to USB connection via MJ provided cord. Computer is connected to router and router is connected to Internet Net box.

Please assist.

Having problems understanding your problem.

You say "Telephone will make the outgoing phone" does that mean the digits you enter on the telephone handset appear on the softphone on the screen as you type them?

When you say "will not connect" does that mean you never seeing the "trying" or "active" message on the softphone once all 10 digits of a phone number have been dialed?

Perhaps by "not connecting you mean you have no audio on the telephone handset after a call has been placed using the telephone handset. If that is the case open the menu and check the "Volume/Headset" audio setting for the telephone to make sure they are using :USB Internet Phone by TigerJet" and that their volume is set about 1/3 of the way from left to right.
rexless
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:04 am    Post subject:

Apologizes for not being clear.

For the first part, yes - I pickup the phone, dial the number, the number shows on the softphone and show active, while the phone makes the dialing sound, it does not show any sign of connecting, other than the screen of the softphone saying it is active.

second part - I mean, there seems to be a disconnect between the phone and the magicjack, because I can use the softphone fine (hear and speak with headset).

Volume is set.
hsweiss
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:31 am    Post subject:

Have you tried another phone?
rexless
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:43 am    Post subject:

I have tried another phone and it did not work, but I did try another computer and it worked fine on that one, but not on the computer I normally use.
hsweiss
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:37 am    Post subject:

Sounds like you've got a hosed up installation on your "normal" computer - or its got a virus or malware. You can try a full removal of MJ from your computer and reinstall. See http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/MagicJack/Support_Resources/How-To/Completely_Remove_MJ
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:20 am    Post subject:

rexless wrote:
Apologizes for not being clear.

For the first part, yes - I pickup the phone, dial the number, the number shows on the softphone and show active, while the phone makes the dialing sound, it does not show any sign of connecting, other than the screen of the softphone saying it is active.

second part - I mean, there seems to be a disconnect between the phone and the magicjack, because I can use the softphone fine (hear and speak with headset).

Volume is set.

I know you checked the Telephone level but can you confirm that all three (Speaker/earpiece, microphone and ringing) are all set to "USB Internet Phone by Tigerjet"?

This appears to be an audio issue on your computer. What happens if you place a call to your magicjack, can you answer the call on the telephone handset? If so does the audio work in that case?

Also try right clicking on My Computer from the start button and selecting "Manage" then open "Device Manager" from there and check that there are no yellow exclamation marks indicating a problem.

If you don't see any problems there then open control panel and navigate to "Sounds and Audio Devices" double click it to open the window and select the "Audio" tab. Check to se that "USB Phone by Tigerjet" is listed but NOT selected as the chosen device under both the "Default" and "Recording" device settings.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: