magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

transferring number

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
starsong
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:48 am    Post subject: transferring number Reply with quote

Hey there,

I got a magic jack from a friend, who got it from a customer of his. it's already been registered under a number, and so tech support say they can't transfer my old number to the new one. The old box is kinda intermittent, since the port is sort of wonky. Is there a way to transfer my old number to the new box? we tried imaging it under linux but it didn't work. Help is appreciated, as all my doctors have that old number and they need to be able to reach me.
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: transferring number Reply with quote

starsong wrote:
Hey there,

I got a magic jack from a friend, who got it from a customer of his. it's already been registered under a number, and so tech support say they can't transfer my old number to the new one. The old box is kinda intermittent, since the port is sort of wonky. Is there a way to transfer my old number to the new box? we tried imaging it under linux but it didn't work. Help is appreciated, as all my doctors have that old number and they need to be able to reach me.

Unfortunately, you are SOL. If the old MJ number is that important to you, you will need to buy a new MJ for the $40, and have customer service walk you through transferring your old MJ number to your new MJ device BEFORE you register the new device, since part of registering is getting a number assigned, at least it once was.

You can do it on your own but this is one of the few things that customer service is good for. I would have them walk you through it (it took about 10 minutes for me a few months ago), and keep a copy of the chat session so that if it gets screwed up you can blame them.
jimmy87
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: