Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Transferring old mj phone number to new mj. Help!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gaylfeb1
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject: Transferring old mj phone number to new mj. Help!!!!

I've been through 7 "higher level of support" techs in the last 2 days with no progress (Evert, Michaela, Nigel, Lalie, Paul, MaryKate, Jeanille). My old mj kept cutting on and off so I asked for a replacement. I want to keep my mj phone number so I've been chatting with mj tech support to help transfer this to my new mj.

They have had me do all kinds of steps that don't work in the end. All I get is the dialpad with all zeros for the phone number, a msg on the dialpad that tells me to "fill out the form" (there is no form and you can't click on anything on the dialpad) and a "2008 Product of the Year" popup window that says the new mj is "already registered" and has a "back" button. Clicking on the back button yields another msg that says "no serial number passed"

I've given them the serial number, done the upgrade at least 5 times, changed the disk drive designator for mj, changed the port, changed the browser websites allowed, erased everything, reinstalled everything, plug, unplug, shut down, startup, reboot the modem, worked on the device manager, etc. They've set the number transfer up on their end, supposedly to update in a few hours, with no change.

3 times they've said they would have "the engineers" work on it and contact me. They don't.

If I plug back in the old mj it says the old mj has been deactivated but the dialpad shows the phone number I want to transfer. But no function can be clicked on. It's all locked.

Both my husband and I are looking for jobs and this phone number is on our resumes. Now no one can contact us. Help!
Nobody beats the Whiz!
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: Transferring old mj phone number to new mj. Help!!!!

gaylfeb1 wrote:
I've been through 7 "higher level of support" techs in the last 2 days with no progress (Evert, Michaela, Nigel, Lalie, Paul, MaryKate, Jeanille). My old mj kept cutting on and off so I asked for a replacement. I want to keep my mj phone number so I've been chatting with mj tech support to help transfer this to my new mj.

They have had me do all kinds of steps that don't work in the end. All I get is the dialpad with all zeros for the phone number, a msg on the dialpad that tells me to "fill out the form" (there is no form and you can't click on anything on the dialpad) and a "2008 Product of the Year" popup window that says the new mj is "already registered" and has a "back" button. Clicking on the back button yields another msg that says "no serial number passed"

I've given them the serial number, done the upgrade at least 5 times, changed the disk drive designator for mj, changed the port, changed the browser websites allowed, erased everything, reinstalled everything, plug, unplug, shut down, startup, reboot the modem, worked on the device manager, etc. They've set the number transfer up on their end, supposedly to update in a few hours, with no change.

3 times they've said they would have "the engineers" work on it and contact me. They don't.

If I plug back in the old mj it says the old mj has been deactivated but the dialpad shows the phone number I want to transfer. But no function can be clicked on. It's all locked.

Both my husband and I are looking for jobs and this phone number is on our resumes. Now no one can contact us. Help!

I can't help with the MJ hardware. However, you may still be able to log-in to your my.magicjack.com page. If so, you can forward your MJ number to another phone (maybe a cheap prepaid cell), to ensure you don't miss any job calls.

Also, how about returning your new MJ to where you purchased it, and trying again? Return it as defective. In your case, it certainly sounds accurate.

The key is (and you don't specify either way) to contact chat support BEFORE you plug in your replacement MJ.
gaylfeb1
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:41 am    Post subject: I did chat before installation...

I did chat before installation, following their lead.....that's how I got to this point. Both mj's were purchased online.
Nobody beats the Whiz!
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: I did chat before installation...

gaylfeb1 wrote:
I did chat before installation, following their lead.....that's how I got to this point. Both mj's were purchased online.

In that case, they should replace your new MJ for free. If you get no love, email Dan.
boar
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject:

did you paid for shipping when you returned the old MJ ?
What if you do not want your old number back, do you get to choose a new number with the new MJ you recevied ?

i am wondering because i have an MJ with a US number but i live in canada so i need a replacement so i can activate a new number and forget about the old one.

any ideas ? thanks.
Nobody beats the Whiz!
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject:

boar wrote:
did you paid for shipping when you returned the old MJ ?
What if you do not want your old number back, do you get to choose a new number with the new MJ you recevied ?

i am wondering because i have an MJ with a US number but i live in canada so i need a replacement so i can activate a new number and forget about the old one.

any ideas ? thanks.

If you buy a new Magic Jack, and register it straight out of the box, it can be as if you never owned a Magic Jack before. There are options to tie in a new MJ to your existing account, but that is up to you.

If one wants to put their old number on a new MJ, they need to contact the chat support BEFORE plugging in their new MJ.
boar
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject:

what about a replacement ? sent from the company.

i do not want to put the old number back.
Nobody beats the Whiz!
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:02 pm    Post subject:

boar wrote:
what about a replacement ? sent from the company.

i do not want to put the old number back.

Just order another MJ (or get your defective one replaced). You can register it with a completely new number. There have been many Canadian posts here, stating that they can get Canadian numbers.

They posted an 800 number you could call, as well, to order a new MJ.
jz
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:48 am    Post subject:

You can try to email Henok, he is one of the engineers of mj.

And, I also tried to ask about the Number porting from landline to the magicJack device, it's still impossible as to what they have told me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: