Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
travelling outside the US with Magicjack

View previous topic :: View next topic  
drh3177
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: travelling outside the US with Magicjack

We will be out of the country, and I bought magicjack to use with a notebook while we are traveling. Could anyone who has traveled with magicjack tell me if there is any danger in letting the device go through the airport security Xray machines?
lonestarmagic
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject:

I used to travel weekly and carry my laptop with me. Never had any issues with the airport x-ray causing any probs with my notebook. Same is true with other electronic devices. So, I doubt you would have any prob with your MJ going thru their x-ray machines.
drh3177
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Many thanks

Appreciate the prompt response....have you, (or has anyone out there) had any experience with magic jack reloading itself more than once or twice after a reboot...and, if so, does anyone know a magicfix for this glitch?
AlaninKY

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject:

I had that problem on one computer. The fix for my situation was to have less programs run on startup. It's best just to run what really does need to run on startup like virus scanner, Zone Alarm, magicJack, etc. Lot of other programs don't need to run on startup.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
testing123
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: travelling outside the US with Magicjack

drh3177 wrote:
We will be out of the country, and I bought magicjack to use with a notebook while we are traveling. Could anyone who has traveled with magicjack tell me if there is any danger in letting the device go through the airport security Xray machines?

No issues with xrays -- my MJs have been through many, many xrays without a problem.
norml jack

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: travelling outside the US with Magicjack

drh3177 wrote:

Just make sure you remove the film first.
PTravel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject:

I just traveled from LA to Edmonton, Alberta yesterday. Not the least problem with MagicJack which works very well in my Edmonton hotel room -- I don't have to pay roaming charges on my cell phone! Yay!
dildog
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject:

PTravel wrote:
I just traveled from LA to Edmonton, Alberta yesterday. Not the least problem with MagicJack which works very well in my Edmonton hotel room -- I don't have to pay roaming charges on my cell phone! Yay!

There was an xray machine in your Hotel room?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: