Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Tring to register MJ again after task reboot, what gives?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nighthawks
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:00 pm    Post subject: Tring to register MJ again after task reboot, what gives?

I just found my MJ not running, on the TC was a security popup telling me this web page (in the background) was a secure connection. Then the box don't show me this page in the future which I just checked.

The web page window was the registration screen for MJ, it was running, waiting for me to register, now my question is why.

Been running MJ for 5 months now what would cause MJ to pull up the reg. screen, it would be like plugging the MJ in for the first time, makes no sense.

The TC was running fine, mouse/mon/key, nothing was locked up on it.
It was MJ itself.

After I cleared the security screen I closed the reg. web page and MJ was running, after 5 min. I had to reboot, MJ was waiting for the registration

After the reboot everything came up like normal, what gives?
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:03 pm    Post subject:

Maybe the forced "Lucky You" update in Feb had something to do with it.

Joe Sica
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nighthawks
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:13 am    Post subject:

bitstopjoe wrote:
Maybe the forced "Lucky You" update in Feb had something to do with it.

I have no idea, I'll see if I can find any log files to look at.

Regards
John
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:30 am    Post subject:

Just check your version # and if it is 1.92.530.5 date 02/26/2010. Then yes you got the update about 2 weeks ago, give or take..
It seems some people after this update were forced to register again. So this seems to fit your situation, BUT not being a TC user I can not say for sure.

Joe Sica
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nighthawks
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:53 am    Post subject:

bitstopjoe wrote:
Just check your version # and if it is 1.92.530.5 date 02/26/2010. Then yes you got the update about 2 weeks ago, give or take..
It seems some people after this update were forced to register again. So this seems to fit your situation, BUT not being a TC user I can not say for sure.

Yes on the version # and date. I didn't re-register, I just rebooted the TC and it came up working fine, I donno, maybe it was a one time thing.

That's why I was looking for a program that could watch the MJ (or any program) as long as the TC doesn't lock-up, you could config. it to restart the MJ if MJ has a problem. The task I have setup just shuts down MJ and reboots the TC. Be nice to have a program to watch MJ when I can't.

Thanks
John
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:57 am    Post subject:

Well at least now you know why it happened.... "gots" to love them random Lucky You updates.

Joe Sica
nighthawks
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:57 pm    Post subject:

nighthawks wrote:
bitstopjoe wrote:

Yes on the version # and date. I didn't re-register, I just rebooted the TC and it came up working fine, I donno, maybe it was a one time thing.

That's why I was looking for a program that could watch the MJ (or any program) as long as the TC doesn't lock-up, you could config. it to restart the MJ if MJ has a problem. The task I have setup just shuts down MJ and reboots the TC. Be nice to have a program to watch MJ when I can't.

Thanks
John

Ok, this is starting to piss me off, going to stop the task from rebooting the TC, again I'm getting the (NEW REGISTERING) screen and the serial number fails, so I close the screen and it pops up again, again and again, then I just have to click start and just do a shut down and restart.

After I do this it comes up fine, what is this thing doing, is it my task as this ?

C:\windows\system32\shutdown.exe -f -r -t 3 -c "MagicJack is Restarting"
This task came config. when I got the TC, I'll have to research this command line to understand the strings.
Any ideas?
Regards,
John
Thunder
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:19 pm    Post subject:

This is what I use on my TC and never had any issues. C:\windows\system32\shutdown.exe -r -t 00
Alpman
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:44 pm    Post subject:

The command line string switches are as follows:

C:\windows\system32\shutdown.exe -f(force quit apps) -r(restart) -t(time) 03(seconds) -c(comment) "MagicJack is Restarting"(text box message)

You can change -t to whatever you time you wish (-t 00 is immediate, no delay) and -c to any text string, or delete -c for no message in the text box. -f is required to kill any proces that would prevent the restart, -r is needed to restart, otherwise it would just shutdown without restarting.
nighthawks
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:01 pm    Post subject:

Thunder wrote:
This is what I use on my TC and never had any issues. C:\windows\system32\shutdown.exe -r -t 00

Ok on the switches, I went and found them so now I know what they do.

The question is why is it doing this?

"getting the (NEW REGISTERING) screen and it fails to load the serial number". Did this two times after the task does the shutdown/reboot.

I have to do a reboot to restart the TC and MJ and MJ comes up fine, so why does this happen only with the task, and when I reboot I don't get it, loads fine. go figure.

Thanks John
slceso
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:49 pm    Post subject:

this also was happening to me when I was running it on my main box (vista ult32). I had been having problems with it going straight to VM, so I would periodically check to see if there was a dialtone. a restart or reboot would reveal no issues, then shortly after, no dialtone.

Initially, I got the register for a new account screen, but somehow I was able to x out of that and just get a 'verify your account' page. after each reboot/restart, The softphone would work for a short time and then give me a "please connect to the internet and click here (Error 03)" and then the registration screen would come up after that, or sometimes just a page with nothing in it. there was one day that it was happening about every 15 mins.

I did a MJ uninstall, reinstalled, updated and back to the same thing. Luckily I got my TC running that day and swapped it over without issue, so I have to think that there was something screwed on my main box. they both connect to the same router with cables, so I don't think it was my ISP.

sorry, no solution from me.. only semi-corroberation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: