magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trixbox MJ caller ID spoofing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MST
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Trixbox MJ caller ID spoofing Reply with quote

I am working on spoofing outgoing mj number using Trixbox.
So far no luck. Any advices, links, etc .....

Thank You
crackerjack
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Trixbox MJ caller ID spoofing Reply with quote

MST wrote:
I am working on spoofing outgoing mj number using Trixbox.
So far no luck. Any advices, links, etc .....

Thank You

Quit wasting your time. This function ceased to work about 18 months ago when YMAX nooped it on the server side.

Realistic options?????

Do you need to spoof a single number, try thr MJ-Googlevoice tricks detailed in these pages. If you need to regularly masquerade your caller-id on an variable basis, you may want to try spoofcard.com or their ilk, use one of the many paygo service providers who permit you to control your outbound caller-id or configure a google voice account to work in conjunction with your MJ account credentials.
IOW, it cannot be done strictly using a MJ acct, you will need some other resources

Good luck

Crackerjack
MST
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You crackerjack!

I requested MJ to port my 15 years AT&T number but they said At the moment was not possible .... that option would be available soon, BUT that soon I heard from one year Sad so this make me to do something about my outgoing caller id number

I will what is possible to make it working.

Thank You again.

Happy New Year !!!!!
crackerjack
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MST wrote:
Thank You crackerjack!

I requested MJ to port my 15 years AT&T number but they said At the moment was not possible .... that option would be available soon, BUT that soon I heard from one year Sad so this make me to do something about my outgoing caller id number

I will what is possible to make it working.

Thank You again.

Happy New Year !!!!!

I would likely post my entire personal profile across the internet than trust my phone number to Magicjack/YMAX.
FWIW, doesn't look like that will be a possibility in this lifetime Laughing Laughing
Esquared
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a strange thing happen with my magicjack that allowed me to basically do what you're talking about... Found this out completely by accident when I was setting up a backup internet option using my Motorola Q as a modem. Once I was connected via that MotoQ through AT&T my wife placed a call to her friend. Her friend answered the call asking her when she had her cell reconnected. Confused as to why she asked that she prompted for more information from the friend, who told her the caller ID showed up with my wife's name (magicjack is registered under my name). This still didn't make much sense to me until we realized that in my cell phone the magicjack number in my contact list is my wife's name. I changed the name for her contact to my wife's friend's name and called her again. This time it displayed her friend's name.

Very odd, but oh so much fun... rename a contact and call whoever I want and it show up with that as the caller ID name...

Oh yeah, it displays the name only, not the phone number when you do this.
crackerjack
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esquared wrote:
I had a strange thing happen with my magicjack that allowed me to basically do what you're talking about... Found this out completely by accident when I was setting up a backup internet option using my Motorola Q as a modem. Once I was connected via that MotoQ through AT&T my wife placed a call to her friend. Her friend answered the call asking her when she had her cell reconnected. Confused as to why she asked that she prompted for more information from the friend, who told her the caller ID showed up with my wife's name (magicjack is registered under my name). This still didn't make much sense to me until we realized that in my cell phone the magicjack number in my contact list is my wife's name. I changed the name for her contact to my wife's friend's name and called her again. This time it displayed her friend's name.

Very odd, but oh so much fun... rename a contact and call whoever I want and it show up with that as the caller ID name...

Oh yeah, it displays the name only, not the phone number when you do this.

I seriously doubt that you will find this unusual situation to operate across the entire range of outgoing calls made with this setup.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: