Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Trouble logging in remotely

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve49
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Trouble logging in remotely

I cannot seem to login to my account. It does not recognize either my hpone number or password. Both are correct, but cannot get logged in. Anybody else have that problem, or a solution?
Zydecoman
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject:

I'm having this same problem. I try to login and get the "wrong password" message. So I put in my email address and select "forgot Password"
I get a reply sent to my email with the correct password which is exactly what I was using. I try again to login and get the "wrong password" message again.

I am a net admin. When people call me with password problems, I log into AD and fix it in just a few seconds.

I can't seem to find a number to call with Magic Jack.
SteveHC
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject:

If the problem still exists, start a "live help chat" with them and report the problem (this is an issue they should actually be able to deal with Wink
eye2020
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: while they fix it...

I think MJ people know the problem. I noted it many months ago.
Until they fix it, log in as below. don't think they'll do it sooner though.
1. Plug in the MJ dongle into USB.
2. On the dialpad screen, Menu-Advanced users-My MagicJack.

You can get into all the MJ account from there.
SteveHC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject:

I haven't had ANY problem logging in directly through the mj accounts website; may be something's up with your browser/browser settings? I've occasionally (very rarely) experienced that sort of problem with one or 2 OTHER websites, and found that the only solution seemed to be to delete stuff like history, cache, cookies, etc, close out & restart browser & start from scratch.
eye2020
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:06 am    Post subject:

I could login from My magicjack login page directly, when I tried after reading SteveHC's reply. but I still couldn't find the reason why I couldn't have logged into with all 3 pcs for many months. Anyway, thank you SteveHC.
SteveHC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject:

eye2020 wrote:
I could login from My magicjack login page directly, when I tried after reading SteveHC's reply. but I still couldn't find the reason why I couldn't have logged into with all 3 pcs for many months. Anyway, thank you SteveHC.

You're welcome.

*I'd* suspect a virus or malware of some sort, but it of course could've been caused by some other type of file corruption of some sort. If you haven't done so recently, you might want to run thorough anti-virus/malware scans with up-to-date virus/malware definitions etc. on each of your LAN-connected pc's (for Windows I recommend Microsoft Security Essentials or Windows Defender, depending on the version of Windows you're using, ALONG WITH the MICROSOFT MALWARE REMOVAL TOOL - which is NOT always built-into Windows, so you might want to search for it on the Microsoft website). And if you have Java installed on your systems, be SURE to keep BROWSER-based Java turned OFF... when the Dept. of Homeland Security makes such a recommendation - which it has - you can be sure the problem with Java is VERY serious (search Google News for "Java" for details).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: