magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

trouble setting up MJ plus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sisymay
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: trouble setting up MJ plus Reply with quote

I'm trying to use magic jack plus without computer. I follow the directions exactly -
I plug one end of the ethernet cord into the 'internet' port on the magic jack plus box, then plug the other end into the modem.
I then plug in the phone plug into the 'phone' port on the magic jack box. Then I plug the box into the power adapter and plug the adapter into the power outlet.
It won't work because it says I have to be connected to the internet. But I can't get the internet to come on.
When I use magic jack 'with' the computer, it's fine unless I am talking on the phone while the internet is on. The calls break up and I can't hear the person talking.
Any help? Thanks!!
Pilot
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

your power adapter could be at fault...... does your MJ+ show any lights when using power adapter... which colours ???
sisymay
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a blue light on top that doesn't blink.
There is a green and orange light at the 'internet' port. The green one is solid and the orange one keeps blinking. It is steady blinking.

I tried using MJ with the 'no computer' option again. I can use the phone, but not the internet.

I then tried the 'with computer' option and the internet works and I can use the phone. But, the calls are horrible. Very low sound and breaking up.

I was hoping to use MJ+ with the 'no computer' option to see if the calls will be clearer.

Just now I put a phone filter on the phone wire, and use the 'with computer' option, and see how that goes.

Then in a little while I'll use the phone filter using the 'no computer' option.
max2198
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what type of internet connection you have Eg. Cable, DSL?
You may need a router to hook both of them up the same time.
sisymay
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSL. The phone worked most of the day without breaking up, but it did start back.
greenman
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sisymay wrote:
DSL. The phone worked most of the day without breaking up, but it did start back.
What speed is your DSL?
max2198
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you have a router if your modem has one ethernet port you might need a router for the magicjack plus to work
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: