magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Truth About 4th Gen or So Called 2010 MagicJacks

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gashliquor
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:08 pm    Post subject: Truth About 4th Gen or So Called 2010 MagicJacks Reply with quote

I seen so much BS about 4th Gen MJ aka 2010 MJ's i thought i'd chime in on this post. How do you know if you REALLY have a 4th gen is easy. The sticker on the bottom of the MJ in 99.9% of the cases will be Orange. If it's white it's not 4th Gen. 4th Gen MJ's i have tested with other private ppl in different states. Even when used with a so called borrowed wifi signal as low as 1 bar out of 5 your calls are crystal clear and loud without any help. My conclusion about the 4th Gen MJ's with the newer chips is that they have a louder by far and clearer and cleaner audio and the unit requires less bandwidth to put out and receive a quality audio. Need one?. Just visit Radio Shack and turn the package over. If the sticker is orange then it's 4th gen and also you'll only see ONE extra drive under computer NOT TWO. Have a MJ for awhile well buy a 4th gen from RS and put a Yr insurance on it or not and return yours in pkg and there is your free 4th gen, Of course this post was for entertainment purposes only about the swap and return the MJ's part! Wink

P.S. MagicfeaturesPlugin is worth every penny, Its well worth running your MJ with it. The software is'nt 100% bug free but 99.8% and thats good enough for me as some features you'll never use anyway.
Nugrl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I think I am pretty much screwed, because I am not seeing any orange stickers on my mj. so let me get this straight, should I be looking on the mj dongle itself or the plastic packaging it came in for this orange sticker? just wanted to be sure.

and if mine has no orange sticker, and I do choose to return it, can I still retain the number that was given to me for this said mj dongle? also what exactly is this insurance you are talking about? Is it thru mj themselves or just a extended warranty you purchase from radio shack?
Nugrl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I called the local Radio Shack and I was told they don't have the "NEW" mj at their store. The girl there said they are the same ones that have been there for a while and they did not have an orange sticker on them. So... where can one of these "NEW" mj be had? any suggestions?
neo2121

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been looking for some on the wild for a few weeks now I check every Walmart that I go to. I haven't run across one yet.
Nugrl

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well the newest one I just bought was at the local Kmart, only because that was the store I was in at the time. It was the last one they had on he shelf, and the local Walmart only had one left too the last time I was there. So I grabbed the one from Kmart. I called Radio Shack though and the girl there said they didnt have any new ones either. How do some people always get so lucky and manage to get a new one, probably without even trying???? Confused
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been in there in a while but my local Best Buy had a crap load of units. I have no clue if they are "new" or not, but I assume with that much inventory, they probably have a bigger turnover of units.
Nugrl

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nailgunner wrote:
I haven't been in there in a while but my local Best Buy had a crap load of units. I have no clue if they are "new" or not, but I assume with that much inventory, they probably have a bigger turnover of units.

well thank you for the input! I will have to try there. I was just there the other day, of course after already purchasing my second one from Kmart.... so I didn't even look at Best Buy, and at the time anyway, I did not know there was a "NEW" mj out.....
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nugrl wrote:
nailgunner wrote:

well thank you for the input! I will have to try there. I was just there the other day, of course after already purchasing my second one from Kmart.... so I didn't even look at Best Buy, and at the time anyway, I did not know there was a "NEW" mj out.....

You're welcome. I was clueless about the new version too. I'm having a memory error that my MJ is causing, so since I'm "close" to my year being up, I'm probably gonna find a new version unit myself.
Nugrl

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nailgunner wrote:
Nugrl wrote:
nailgunner wrote:

You're welcome. I was clueless about the new version too. I'm having a memory error that my MJ is causing, so since I'm "close" to my year being up, I'm probably gonna find a new version unit myself.

ya, my year is about up too on my 1st mj that I bought. So I guess I should do the same and try and find a NEW mj, provided there are even any of them around here.... Confused

update: I just called the local Best Buy and the girl there said they do not have the "NEW" mj's. She also said that they have ALOT of the old version so they won't be getting any new ones in for a while. damn! I am running out of stores to check around here! Mad
I read somewhere on here or another forum, not sure, someone had posted a model # for the New 4th Gen. MJ. Does anyone here know what that is? Because I am looking at Office Max site right now and they have a model # listed for the mj's that they carry.
gashliquor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nugrl wrote:
well I called the local Radio Shack and I was told they don't have the "NEW" mj at their store. The girl there said they are the same ones that have been there for a while and they did not have an orange sticker on them. So... where can one of these "NEW" mj be had? any suggestions?

NEW MJ: If purchased from RS it comes in a clear package. On the front of the dongle it will read "MagicJack" Like all the other MJ's. But on the back of the dongle which you can see easy it has a ORANGE sticker. Again if its white its not right meaning usually Generation 3 instead of the Gen 4. If you can find them in walmart etc thats all good too but i been getting in radio shack and yes MY radio shack HAD a SHIT load of the white sticker ones which i did not take!. To tell you the truth don't CALL radio shack those people are dumb as MJ online tech support. Just go to RS and turn package over and if there is a Orange Sticker on back on dongle you got it. I seen them from NY to Florida no problem and the truth is they make the older ones sound like shit!. I purchased the 2 yr extended insurance for $10.99 or you can get 1 yr for $6.99 and yes i ported my number to my NEW MJ and i won't tell you want i did with my working 3rd gen Wink
gashliquor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nugrl wrote:
nailgunner wrote:
Nugrl wrote:
nailgunner wrote:

ya, my year is about up too on my 1st mj that I bought. So I guess I should do the same and try and find a NEW mj, provided there are even any of them around here.... Confused

update: I just called the local Best Buy and the girl there said they do not have the "NEW" mj's. She also said that they have ALOT of the old version so they won't be getting any new ones in for a while. damn! I am running out of stores to check around here! Mad
I read somewhere on here or another forum, not sure, someone had posted a model # for the New 4th Gen. MJ. Does anyone here know what that is? Because I am looking at Office Max site right now and they have a model # listed for the mj's that they carry.

Don't ask or call Best Buy, They don't no shit as MJ is'nt telling stores WELL WE ARE SHIPPING U NEWER MJ's. Go to the damn store and turn the package OVER AND IF it's a orange sticker on the back of the dongle its the NEW MJ. Plus FACT is package at Best Buy is same as radio shack except Best Buy only has 30 day return. Find a NEW MJ and return yours to them after you port your number to NEW MJ for free and get your $ back, That statement is for entertainment purposes only! Wink
KMNugent52

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nugrl wrote:

I read somewhere on here or another forum, not sure, someone had posted a model # for the New 4th Gen. MJ. Does anyone here know what that is?

Hi Nugrl,
I think the thread you're referring to is here:
http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/transferring-phone-from-one-magicjack-to-another-magicjack-t9790.html
The following information was provided by forum member crackerjack:
Does your mj dongle have an orange sticker on back?
Dous your softphone show serial # A9204xxx??
If either are true, you have the latest.....
HTH -Kevin N
gashliquor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KMNugent52 wrote:
Nugrl wrote:

I read somewhere on here or another forum, not sure, someone had posted a model # for the New 4th Gen. MJ. Does anyone here know what that is?

Hi Nugrl,
I think the thread you're referring to is here:
http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/transferring-phone-from-one-magicjack-to-another-magicjack-t9790.html
The following information was provided by forum member crackerjack:
Does your mj dongle have an orange sticker on back?
Dous your softphone show serial # A9204xxx??
If either are true, you have the latest.....
HTH -Kevin N

This is'nt totally true because i seen many Orange Sticker 4th Gen with # A9214xxxxxxxxx and i never seen ANY orange sticker 3rd Gen ever either.
Nugrl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gashliquor wrote:
Nugrl wrote:
nailgunner wrote:
Nugrl wrote:
nailgunner wrote:

Don't ask or call Best Buy, They don't no shit as MJ is'nt telling stores WELL WE ARE SHIPPING U NEWER MJ's. Go to the damn store and turn the package OVER AND IF it's a orange sticker on the back of the dongle its the NEW MJ. Plus FACT is package at Best Buy is same as radio shack except Best Buy only has 30 day return. Find a NEW MJ and return yours to them after you port your number to NEW MJ for free and get your $ back, That statement is for entertainment purposes only! Wink

I find you entertaining! One could learn alot from you. I mean for "entertainment purposes only". Wink
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gashliquor wrote:
Nugrl wrote:
nailgunner wrote:
Nugrl wrote:
nailgunner wrote:

So in other words STEAL IT right??
Just a wonderful thing to tell someone to do. I hope one day you never own a store and have that done to you. Thankfully most people are NOT that unethical, as you obviously are, "entertainment purposes or not"..

Joe Sica
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nugrl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, now wait a minute, who said anything about stealing? he said return the one I have, in order to get a new one. is that stealing? this is something I have already paid for. I am not trying to steal from anyone. I just feel like I just got ripped off, seeing as how I am one of the "UnLucky" ones to have just purchased a second mj only to find out the next day or two that there are better ones out there on the market. does mj themselves not have some kind of return policy? I bought mine at Kmart, and they give you 90days to return an item. so how is that stealing? Rolling Eyes all said and done I just want the "NEW" mj , thats all..... is that so wrong?

also, he said he has a "kick ass" set up for his mj, and I assumed he meant the older ones, so that is what I meant by one could learn alot from him. Confused
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nugrl wrote:
ok, now wait a minute, who said anything about stealing? he said return the one I have, in order to get a new one. is that stealing? this is something I have already paid for. I am not trying to steal from anyone. I just feel like I just got ripped off, seeing as how I am one of the "UnLucky" ones to have just purchased a second mj only to find out the next day or two that there are better ones out there on the market. does mj themselves not have some kind of return policy? I bought mine at Kmart, and they give you 90days to return an item. so how is that stealing? Rolling Eyes all said and done I just want the "NEW" mj , thats all..... is that so wrong?

also, he said he has a "kick ass" set up for his mj, and I assumed he meant the older ones, so that is what I meant by one could learn alot from him. Confused

If you go to a store and buy something new and then return a defective one in it's place, then yes that is stealing. Sorry......... My opinion of course.
I am curious as to what others think, heck we can even make a poll for that and see.

Joe Sica
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nugrl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitstopjoe wrote:
Nugrl wrote:

If you go to a store and buy something new and then return a defective one in it's place, then yes that is stealing. Sorry......... My opinion of course.
I am curious as to what others think, heck we can even make a poll for that and see.

Joe Sica

now you just hold on there, who said I was returning the one I have now in place of the new one. I have to keep the 2nd one, so I can activate the 3rd one, so I can transfer my number to it, and then I will return the 2nd one back to Kmart where I intially bought it, so how is that stealing, I ask you again? I know I read somewhere on here, or another forum that once you deactivate a mj dongle it then becomes totally useless. So why would I want to keep it?
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nugrl wrote:
bitstopjoe wrote:
Nugrl wrote:

Joe Sica

now you just hold on there, who said I was returning the one I have now in place of the new one. I have to keep the 2nd one, so I can activate the 3rd one, so I can transfer my number to it, and then I will return the 2nd one back to Kmart where I intially bought it, so how is that stealing, I ask you again? I know I read somewhere on here, or another forum that once you deactivate a mj dongle it then becomes totally useless. So why would I want to keep it?

I was replying to HIS post, not yours. HE suggested ( for enertainment purposes only) that one can buy a new one and return the defective one in it's place. If you re read my post you will see I replied to HIM, not to you the first time.

Joe Sica
gashliquor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitstopjoe wrote:
Nugrl wrote:
bitstopjoe wrote:
Nugrl wrote:

Joe Sica

I was replying to HIS post, not yours. HE suggested ( for enertainment purposes only) that one can buy a new one and return the defective one in it's place. If you re read my post you will see I replied to HIM, not to you the first time.

Joe Sica

Show me where "I" used the word DEFECTIVE anywhere! Rolling Eyes That word was made up by YOU Smile and only YOU and besides it's freedom of speech also, In your case if your a jesus freak etc hey all the power to ya but i will not comment on it either because that can be DEFECTIVE Laughing, iF YOU need me to SAY it again learn how to read or i can type in italian for YOU!. I used the word SWAP! Wink
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus freak?? WOW so now doing the right thing makes one a Jesus freak huh? Damn......... So that makes you a devil worshiper?? See how dumb that statement is?

Ok you didn't use the word defective, just that one returns their MJ for a new one and it doesnt cost them anything. One would "assume" one would return a defective unit, because who would return one that is working??
Call it what you like (swap) you are still advocating stealing no matter how you spin it. It is up to the individual if that is right or wrong. That is why in my orig post I said IN MY OPINION.
I have said my piece and not bother to comment anymore on this matter. If anyone else cares to chime in, please feel free as I would be interested in others opinion on this matter.

Joe Sica
gashliquor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitstopjoe wrote:
Jesus freak?? WOW so now doing the right thing makes one a Jesus freak huh? Damn......... So that makes you a devil worshiper?? See how dumb that statement is?

Ok you didn't use the word defective, just that one returns their MJ for a new one and it doesnt cost them anything. One would "assume" one would return a defective unit, because who would return one that is working??
Call it what you like (swap) you are still advocating stealing no matter how you spin it. It is up to the individual if that is right or wrong. That is why in my orig post I said IN MY OPINION.
I have said my piece and not bother to comment anymore on this matter. If anyone else cares to chime in, please feel free as I would be interested in others opinion on this matter.

Joe Sica

Now your talking correct in YOUR OPINION!, And you just admitted "DEFECTIVE" was never used. Info on the net can be used however another person wishes too. You can get plans for bombs, and other things. Info is free what you do with it or should i say what someone does with it is there business and thats one thing i learned long ago don't mind someone eles's business!. Have a nice day Joe and i hope the Amish don't read this because they will be selling MJ's soon! Laughing
gashliquor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitstopjoe wrote:

Joe Sica

Because the 4th gen chip makes the 3rd Gen MJ sound like shit! if u know even the min info about the dongle, The 4th Gen works well with alot less of needed bandwidth and the audio is out of this world. Dan should hire you for his security force, Take your winter clothes and goto a floridas salvation army and get some shorts a prepare for a PA to FL move. Im sure he pays as well as his tech support. We will all look for you on MJ's chat window, BTW if you decide to do this let us know your screen name as there all bogus name reps. May the liberty bell ring in florida for you hale hale 4th Gen, Get yours now! Laughing

BTW, Im at aprox 25 MBPS down and 2 MBPS Up and free, With a 2.4 GHZ Yagi Beam and a 5 watt indoor 2.4 GHZ amp i have at min 100 routers open. So for the $700.00 on commerical equipment i spent i have internet free for the past 3 yr and 5 months so far and no laws call it stealing either. BTW we are talking wifi so u understand. 20 mile range here but i stay within 5 miles Laughing Your wifi in 99.9% computers are 30 mw with a antenna gain of nothing because the wire inside your computer acts as a dipole without almost any gain so with 5 WATTS and a 19 dbi gain yagi thats like putting out 300 watts ERP which stands for effective Ratiated Power, But i assume your a communcations engneer too.

Im a programmer to maybe you can use my lastest program, Enjoy it if you can use it!.

http://rapidshare.com/files/420582424/DVDFab.8.0.1.5.Beta.Patch.Inc.FW.rar.html

or

http://rapidshare.com/files/420566429/AnyDVD.HD.6.6.9.0.Final.Patch.Inc-FW.zip.html

BTW Joe run my screen name through google and see what comes up and then you'll say im STEALING for sure. Thats the end of this chat and have a nice MJ day! Wink

Last edited by gashliquor on Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:25 pm; edited 5 times in total
Nugrl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked WHOA, What the hell just happened here? Shocked
Nobody beats the Whiz!
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bitstopjoe,

Don't worry, we understand where you are coming from. You were originally replying to the other guy, who was suggesting with a wink and a nod that people steal new MJ's from retailers.

When the freakout guy got his knickers in a twist, you tried to clarify your post, but accidentally used the word "defective" in your reply. You meant to say that if freakout guy's MJ is still within the retailer's return policy, then you have nothing against his actions, defective or not.

The freak out guy, if still covered under his return policy is justified in returning his MJ in order to get the latest "perfect" MJ hardware. There is no other reason for him to continue to freak out and resort to his zealotry.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody beats the Whiz! wrote:
Bitstopjoe,

Don't worry, we understand where you are coming from. You were originally replying to the other guy, who was suggesting with a wink and a nod that people steal new MJ's from retailers.

When the freakout guy got his knickers in a twist, you tried to clarify your post, but accidentally used the word "defective" in your reply. You meant to say that if freakout guy's MJ is still within the retailer's return policy, then you have nothing against his actions, defective or not.

The freak out guy, if still covered under his return policy is justified in returning his MJ in order to get the latest "perfect" MJ hardware. There is no other reason for him to continue to freak out and resort to his zealotry.

Exactly.. BUT the orig poster wasnt saying to just return your "old" MJ under the retailers return policy and then replace it with a 4th Gen. He was implying buy a new one, port your # over to the new unit and then return the old unit and get your money back. BIG difference. He says swap, I say steal..
His last comment I am just totally ignoring as you can't fix stupid.... Since I wasnt talking about the 4th gen at all, just the "swapping" aspect f it. Uh oh to many big words so I better stop Smile
Thanks Whiz as somehow I knew you would understand. Appreciate it.

Joe Sica
Nobody beats the Whiz!
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I mixed up my reply a bit (regarding who was who), but I am tracking with you.

I should clarify what I was trying to say, before.

1) If I recently bought a 3rd gen MJ, and then found out about 4th gen MJ's, I could buy a new 4th gen MJ, transfer my account from the 3rd gen to the 4th, and return the 3rd gen to the store without guilt. That presumes the 3rd gen still falls within the store's return time limit.

2) If I bought a new 4th gen MJ to replace my 2 year old 3rd gen, then returned the 3rd gen to the store as if it was the 4th gen, to get a "free upgrade," then I'm just a petty thief.

Sorry, but it just had to be wordy. Wink
Nugrl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody beats the Whiz! wrote:
Yes, I mixed up my reply a bit (regarding who was who), but I am tracking with you.

I should clarify what I was trying to say, before.

1) If I recently bought a 3rd gen MJ, and then found out about 4th gen MJ's, I could buy a new 4th gen MJ, transfer my account from the 3rd gen to the 4th, and return the 3rd gen to the store without guilt. That presumes the 3rd gen still falls within the store's return time limit.

2) If I bought a new 4th gen MJ to replace my 2 year old 3rd gen, then returned the 3rd gen to the store as if it was the 4th gen, to get a "free upgrade," then I'm just a petty thief.

Sorry, but it just had to be wordy. Wink

ok, I'm back and want to say to bitstopjoe and Nobody beats the Whiz!, that I fall under the #1) category.
I don't want to repeat myself, but I will... I bought a 2nd mj about a week ago, at this point, only to discover a day or two after that, that there was a "NEW" mj dongle out there on the market. I read about them on here and was quite disappointed in the fact that the one I had just bought was not the "NEW" mj 4th GEN dongle, but the 3rd GEN mj dongle. Now, if the 4th GEN does all that I have read it does, better call quality, louder audio, and uses less bandwith, then who in their right mind would question my reason for wanting to return the 2nd one that I just bought, and find one of the "NEW" 4th GEN dongles instead. I am not trying to "steal" from anyone, and I really don't feel that is what gashliquor was implying for me to do. I think he understood my frustration in the matter and was simply telling me to go out and buy one of the 4th GEN mj's and activate it with the number that I now have attached to this one I have here, (the one bought a week ago), and then to have that one deactivated and return it to the store that it was purchased at. All being within my 90 days that the store offers for a return on merchandise.

I am not trying to start any arguements here, or provoke any name calling. I thought that is what these forums are all about, people being able to share their experiences, and trying to help each other. sheesh.... If it was not for this forum, I would not have even known about the 4th GEN mj to begin with. Isn't that what everyone is here for? to keep each other informed?

Ok, I think I said enough for now.... my search for the 4th GEN mj will continue.......
sabresfan
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I've seen it all now an argument between a Sensei, A Whiz & a Gashliguor. Sounds like a cool flick from 1981. Laughing
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nugirl you are 100% correct and in the right... That is why I did not reply what wrote to you.. If I were in your situation and wanted a 4th gen I would do the same. BUT my MJ is over 2 years old and if I did what gashliquor was suggesting then I would be a thief...

You are fine. BUT again to each his own if he wants to do what was suggested. I choose not too as my MJ works just fine and if and when it craps out I WILL look for a gen 4 version and BUY it not trade my OLD MJ for it. But that is just me.

Joe Sica
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sabresfan wrote:
Wow I've seen it all now an argument between a Sensei, A Whiz & a Gashliguor. Sounds like a cool flick from 1981. Laughing

Now if we can only delay the typing and reading, it would look like an old Kung Foo movie Smile

Joe Sica
Nugrl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah..... and I now feel as though I am the young "Grasshopper", for I have not yet stolen the pebble from the Masters hand, and I the student have not yet surpassed the teacher....
That's kinda how I look at myself, as a student here, trying to absorb all the information that is provided by you all, being the "Masters" So one day I too can say,... " I am Caine, I will help you."
ya, I think I will change my name to "Grasshopper" Wink

wow this really dates me...... as I use the term "young" lightly Shocked
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nugrl wrote:
ah..... and I now feel as though I am the young "Grasshopper", for I have not yet stolen the pebble from the Masters hand, and I the student have not yet surpassed the teacher....
That's kinda how I look at myself, as a student here, trying to absorb all the information that is provided by you all, being the "Masters" So one day I too can say,... " I am Caine, I will help you."

I remember that show very well. Did you know it was promised to Bruce Lee initally? yep.. So it dates me even more!!
Just be sure you do not end up like "Caine" did in real life, in a closet doing you know what Smile

Joe Sica
Nugrl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitstopjoe wrote:
Nugrl wrote:

I remember that show very well. Did you know it was promised to Bruce Lee initally? yep.. So it dates me even more!!
Just be sure you do not end up like "Caine" did in real life, in a closet doing you know what Smile

Joe Sica

can I change my name on here? now that I think about it, I don't want to be Nugrl anymore.....
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nugrl wrote:
bitstopjoe wrote:
Nugrl wrote:

Joe Sica

can I change my name on here? now that I think about it, I don't want to be Nugrl anymore.....

I would send an email to the moderator and see if they can change it to oldgirl Smile JUST KIDDING.. I know I know grasshopper.

Joe Sica
Nugrl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Oldgirl" !?!? Crying or Very sad ok, lets get back on track here, sorta, now not to start another arguement, but,..... should I feel safe if I do manage to find a 4th GEN mj to replace the one I have, when I deactivate the one I have, after transferring that # over to the NEW one, that if I return that old one to Kmart and someone else buys it from Kmart, (if Kmart chooses to put it back out on the shelf) and that person activates it, could it somehow screw up my # that I just transferred off of it to the NEW one? does that make sense?
gashliquor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nugrl wrote:
"Oldgirl" !?!? Crying or Very sad ok, lets get back on track here, sorta, now not to start another arguement, but,..... should I feel safe if I do manage to find a 4th GEN mj to replace the one I have, when I deactivate the one I have, after transferring that # over to the NEW one, that if I return that old one to Kmart and someone else buys it from Kmart, (if Kmart chooses to put it back out on the shelf) and that person activates it, could it somehow screw up my # that I just transferred off of it to the NEW one? does that make sense?

Once the MJ is returned they DO NOT put returned MJ's that the package has been open on the shelf to re-sell. Except if someone lived in a redneck town gods only knows what happens. Usually the store sends it back to MJ

Last edited by gashliquor on Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nugrl wrote:

I was JOKING about oldgirl since it is the opposite of nugirl... Get it? Thats why I said grasshopper.
Well IF K-Mart pits back on the shelf I am pretty sure you are safe because they do not have access to the email you had registered the old MJ with let alone your password. I THINK the MJ# expires on that unit after 30 days. Anyone who buys your old MJ may have problems and they themselves will return it as well.

Joe Sica
Nugrl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gashliquor wrote:
Nugrl wrote:

Once the MJ is returned they DO NOT put returned MJ's that the package has been open on the shelf to re-sell. Except if someone lived in a redneck town gods only knows what happens. Usually the store sends it back to MJ

well I do live in kind of a redneck town, so you could say. and, ... I did work at that very same Kmart, mind you years ago, but I do know that they do put stuff back out on the shelves that I am pretty sure should have been returned to the manufacturer. so I just wanted to make sure I would be safe with transferring that number and then returning that mj.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There have been a few posts on here about people who have bought "used" MJ's from Wal-mart and MAYBE K-mart. One poor guy bought it and went out of town on business and was not able to return in within the 30 days. So I guess it depends on the store and store manager what they do with returned items. Of course YES they are supposed to return them to the MFG for credit. MOST do, some don't.

Joe Sica
Nugrl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitstopjoe wrote:
There have been a few posts on here about people who have bought "used" MJ's from Wal-mart and MAYBE K-mart. One poor guy bought it and went out of town on business and was not able to return in within the 30 days. So I guess it depends on the store and store manager what they do with returned items. Of course YES they are supposed to return them to the MFG for credit. MOST do, some don't.

Joe Sica

ok, then should I feel safe? and please dont' tell me to search this site, because if you say that, then you need to point me into the right direction, because I really suck at searches, and we are not going to start that arguement again....... Shocked

Last edited by Nugrl on Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
gashliquor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nugrl wrote:
gashliquor wrote:
Nugrl wrote:

well I do live in kind of a redneck town, so you could say. and, ... I did work at that very same Kmart, mind you years ago, but I do know that they do put stuff back out on the shelves that I am pretty sure should have been returned to the manufacturer. so I just wanted to make sure I would be safe with transferring that number and then returning that mj.

I got ya, Well in my OPINION if your going to buy a MJ from a retail store it would NOT be wise to purchase a already opened package as they come in that plastic seal. Before that when you purchased them direct from florida they came in just a orange card board box. I understand because Walmart pulls that shit here putting returns back on shelves. But the MJ package is such a BIG give away if it has been opened that you can't hide it!. Kmart in the state im in now they are no longer in business but i do remember them. But all Walmarts here are Super Walmarts and Sams Clubs.

Last edited by gashliquor on Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Nugrl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gashliquor wrote:
Nugrl wrote:
gashliquor wrote:
Nugrl wrote:

I got ya, Well in my OPINION if your going to buy a MJ from a retail store it would NOT be wise to purchase a already opened package as they come in that plastic seal. Before that when you purchased them direct from florida they came in just a orange card board box. I understand because Walmart pulls that shit here putting returns back on shelves. But the MJ package is such a BIG give away if it has been opened that you can't hide it!

well then, maybe I should cut the package all up so no one would even consider buying it! Wink
gashliquor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nugrl wrote:
gashliquor wrote:
Nugrl wrote:
gashliquor wrote:
Nugrl wrote:

I got ya, Well in my OPINION if your going to buy a MJ from a retail store it would NOT be wise to purchase a already opened package as they come in that plastic seal. Before that when you purchased them direct from florida they came in just a orange card board box. I understand because Walmart pulls that shit here putting returns back on shelves. But the MJ package is such a BIG give away if it has been opened that you can't hide it!

well then, maybe I should cut the package all up so no one would even consider buying it! Wink

I think at min you had to cut off the top seam to get the damn thing out of the package. There is no way to put that seam back. Butcher the package then if your under your return time still they must still take it back. But again all returned MJ's should go back to the MFG which is in china but MJ is located " The Company " just a few miles from me. Thats where the returns suppose to go. I also would like to add because no one else did if you port your number to a new MJ your not gonna get a year of service!. You will only get whats left on the MJ your shutting off.
notdeadyet

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up a 4th Gen at Tiger Direct here in Canada this week, and it had the nice BIG orange sticker on the back...came home, registered it, and all is GREAT...it really does seem to work better than my 3rd Gen, once you find the MJ volume control in W7 and turn it up Wink At first I could hardly hear anyone, but then when I clicked my usual volume control WHILE making a call, there was a new one for "handset", cranked it to full, and now I hear everyone fine.

There was ALOT of new things though registering it...they try and sell you more stuff, but the one I did like and bought was the 5yr extension for $69, but they also include a 5yr warranty if you bought it now, so why not...I would've next year anyway, and now if it craps out, I'm covered Smile

PS: I'm with Joe here...if I'd bought this one this week, and found it was a 3rd Gen, back it would go till I got a 4th Gen, but I have no plans to return my 3rd Gen, as it's 2 years old now.
Nugrl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gashliquor wrote:
Nugrl wrote:
gashliquor wrote:
Nugrl wrote:
gashliquor wrote:
Nugrl wrote:

I think at min you had to cut off the top seam to get the damn thing out of the package. There is no way to put that seam back. Butcher the package then if your under your return time still they must still take it back. But again all returned MJ's should go back to the MFG which is in china but MJ is located " The Company " just a few miles from me. Thats where the returns suppose to go.

if you live that close, couldn't you just take a walk over there for me and knock on the door and ask for one of the 4th GEN mjs, then my search will be over??? Wink
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

notdeadyet wrote:
PS: I'm with Joe here...if I'd bought this one this week, and found it was a 3rd Gen, back it would go till I got a 4th Gen, but I have no plans to return my 3rd Gen, as it's 2 years old now.

Thank you........

Joe Sica
Nugrl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitstopjoe wrote:
notdeadyet wrote:

Thank you........

Joe Sica

well the 1st one I bought is under a year old and the second one I just bought is roughly a week and a day or two old.
I just want to be sure that if I deactivate the second one I speak of and transfer the # to the 4th gen, can I really trust the mj support not to screw anything up??? Rolling Eyes
gashliquor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nugrl wrote:
gashliquor wrote:
Nugrl wrote:
gashliquor wrote:
Nugrl wrote:
gashliquor wrote:
Nugrl wrote:

I think at min you had to cut off the top seam to get the damn thing out of the package. There is no way to put that seam back. Butcher the package then if your under your return time still they must still take it back. But again all returned MJ's should go back to the MFG which is in china but MJ is located " The Company " just a few miles from me. Thats where the returns suppose to go.

if you live that close, couldn't you just take a walk over there for me and knock on the door and ask for one of the 4th GEN mjs, then my search will be over??? Wink

There on the east coast of florida, Im actually about 20 miles south from them. When it was sold on TV only i'd receive it in one day. I don't think you can buy direct like drive there. But here is the thing. My Radio shack had like 10 on the shelf. I went all through them and only TWO out of 10 were 4th gen. Best Buy had like 24 units and out of 24 only 3 were 4th Gen. Now in Long Island NY when im there 99.9% of MJ's in Radio shack is 4th gen. Don't ask me why because i don't know. I have done alot of testing and prefer the 4th Gen. However my 3rd Gen was fantastic BUT the 4th gen has a BIG advantage on Bandwidth usage and Audio. As for a example for a cell phone i use Nextel as my provider ONLY because of the commerical Walkie Talkie feature. Well the 4th Gen MJ if you turn up the audio in your OS is 2 1/2 louder then the Nextel Walkie Talkie. Now thats loud!...Plus i have a friend all the way out in Long Island with a wifi signal of 1 bar out of 5 and he screams. Your not gonna do that with the older to say model. Plus the 4th Gen the softphone acts a lil different then the 3rd and there is no longer two drive letters under your computer only ONE. I had to edit this message again as i seen something that i know will be true. She all this MJ going crazy over 4th Gen WHO's to say in 6 months a Gen 5, 6 or whatever replaces that. BUT at the moment 4th Gen is the device. Can't explain it any better. Also to SOME that don't understand there OS and settings etc may get lost too. MJ does not tell the entire story when you buy it. There is more to it then Plug & Play. I am not saying THERE ARE SOME that did it and works fine BUT if you know HOW to tinker with your OS it will make it at min 35% better!

Last edited by gashliquor on Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:12 am; edited 2 times in total
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nugrl wrote:
bitstopjoe wrote:
notdeadyet wrote:

Thank you........

Joe Sica

well the 1st one I bought is under a year old and the second one I just bought is roughly a week and a day or two old.
I just want to be sure that if I deactivate the second one I speak of and transfer the # to the 4th gen, can I really trust the mj support not to screw anything up??? Rolling Eyes

Again you do not have explain yourself. As I said you are doing nothing wrong. Had I bought a new one and then read on here about gen 4 version, and found I JUST bought a Gen 3, I would do the same thing and return it for the newer one.
I will wait for my 2 yr old to crap out and then buy a new Gen 4 version. Heck maybe Gen 5 or 6 by then Smile

Joe Sica
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: