Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Trying to use MJ to work with Direct TV Pay per view

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scwped
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: Trying to use MJ to work with Direct TV Pay per view

I just set up MJ and the only real reason I got it was to order Pay per View on Direct Tv. Problem is my PC is in the office and the Direct TV box is in my bedroom.

Is there a way to get MJ to "activate" the phone lines in the house so I can plug in my Direct TV box (and other wireless phones) to the phone line closest to the TV, or is there another method that anyone knows to resolve this issue?
crackerjack
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:57 am    Post subject:

the latter part of your question has been deal with in this thread (among many others)
search is your friend
http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/mj-exsisting-phone-line-use-t3924.html

There are other issues so far as integrating with your DTV box that are independent of MJ and involve getting the modem inside your DTV box to interact with a VOIP circuit that iis not designed for analog data transmission.

good luck

Crackerjack
lordbeavis
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:40 am    Post subject:

im trying to do the same and so far havent had much luck with the DTV part.
It was suggested to use the prefex code for your reciver to cause the modem to connect at the lowest speed and also another thing to try is using a dsl filter pluged into the magic jack. my problem i guess is i have a series 2 dtivo and the series 2 tivos have a special highspeed modem. While the regular series 2 tivos have a serial port that you can connect an old external modem and that would work. Heh probably be eaiser to just hack the tivo and use a network adapter.

let me know if you get it to work for you.
Matt9876
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:27 pm    Post subject:

With Vonage it would update once in a while but with MJ it's only good for the caller ID# display. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: