Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Turned my IPOD TOUCH 2g into a phone using MJ!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
monkiesinhell
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:57 am    Post subject: Turned my IPOD TOUCH 2g into a phone using MJ!!!

Hey guys I was trolling the hacking forums for a way to get sip credentials tonight. One post led me to a site called magicjackhacks.com. One of their top stories was about an IPod touch/IPhone jail break app called Siphon. Curiosity got the best of me and I decided to download the Cydia App for myself. All I did was enter in my credentials (password, user name, proxy etc.). I didnít think it would actually work, but to my surprise it did! Now I have a phone on my IPod touch. The only drawback is that you have to be connected to wifi (which you have to do with the dongle anyways) and you have to buy either a headset for the iPod or a Griffin headset adapter which is about 15$ on EBay. I have actually tested it and it does work.
tony
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:25 am    Post subject: Re: Turned my IPOD TOUCH 2g into a phone using MJ!!!

monkiesinhell wrote:
Hey guys .... I have actually tested it and it does work.

Great. Here's a related post http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/iphone-mj-siphon-t4198.html with experiences of other iPod and iPhone owners. Another option is to use Fring, a free download from the IPod Touch from the App store. No need to jailbreak your Touch.
monkiesinhell
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:17 pm    Post subject: Fring

Yes i have fring to but for some reaon when i enter sip it wont respond.
vader
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject:

what headphone did you get?

My iPhone headphone wont work with my iPod touch...
etant
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 10:37 am    Post subject:

I'd like to follow up on this with a basic question, How did you and what did you enter on each setting screen for this. My son has been working on this for about a week now. thanks
GuyOnTheAir
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject:

http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/magicjack-on-fring-t6324.html
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
couch-potato
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject:

vader wrote:
what headphone did you get?

My iPhone headphone wont work with my iPod touch...

The ipod touch does not have a built in microphone. If you use the touch with MJ, you can hear the person you called, but they cannot hear you.

Therefore you need a headset to get the microphone.

A generic hands-free kit will work with the ipod touch second generation, because the port where you plug in the headset has the connections to recognize and use the microphone.

The ipod touch first generation does not have the microphone connections inside the headphone jack. To use MJ on a first generation ipod touch, you need a special adapter. I forget what it is called, but you can find it on the web.
awace
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Turned my IPOD TOUCH 2g into a phone using MJ!!!

monkiesinhell wrote:
Hey guys I was trolling the hacking forums for a way to get sip credentials tonight. One post led me to a site called magicjackhacks.com. One of their top stories was about an IPod touch/IPhone jail break app called Siphon. Curiosity got the best of me and I decided to download the Cydia App for myself. All I did was enter in my credentials (password, user name, proxy etc.). I didnít think it would actually work, but to my surprise it did! Now I have a phone on my IPod touch. The only drawback is that you have to be connected to wifi (which you have to do with the dongle anyways) and you have to buy either a headset for the iPod or a Griffin headset adapter which is about 15$ on EBay. I have actually tested it and it does work.

my moms ipod touch works online wirelessly w no dongle mabie you need blue tooth wireless router!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: